Appeals - One rule for one, one rule for another.

Processed complaints will be moved here.

Moderator: Oversight Staff

Myinternetisbad
Aura Tree

Appeals - One rule for one, one rule for another.

Postby Myinternetisbad » Sun Dec 04, 2016 1:15 pm

Hi,

I have been using ent servers for years now, and will keep enjoying using them. Albeit after my ban has ended.
We all know how the 'clog' issue has caused a lot of pressure on people and the whole understanding of the ruling has been misinterpreted by many.#
However, a lot of people got bans in the last few days, many well deserved, some there are cases for and against, and others; like myself; are in the wrong game at the wrong time.
The problem I have, is some people have been unbanned I feel unfairly, using the normal appeal system in which me and many others have used.
I understand that it is down to the admins discretion in these cases, but, me and others have the same point and argument as the unbanned; however we have not had our ban lifted. I have reposted on my appeal a few times but no response from an admin.
I am sure that ENT is all about fair play, but this is unfair on players as its one rule for one, and one rule for another.
Going forward with the issue, I think we just need a clear clarity of the rules, but appreciate this will take time to achieve.

Thanks for reading, Happy Sunday

HazarDous
Staff Department

Re: Appeals - One rule for one, one rule for another.

Postby HazarDous » Sun Dec 04, 2016 3:57 pm

Hello @Myinternetisbad ,

I understand your concern and I agree that decisions might differ from one moderator to another. However, our job is not to keep you banned as long as possible for the fun of it. You were banned to begin with because you ruined the gaming experience of others to some degree. Like in any other case, moderators have to make sure that you fulfill 2 main conditions. First you have to understand why you were banned. Second, you have to acknowledge your responsibility in broken rule. Once these two conditions are fulfilled and given that the users has a clean ban history, moderators generally unban them as they are confident that it won't happen again.

In your case, you have failed to fulfill the second condition, which is to acknowledge the responsibility you had in breaking the rule. That's the reason why FalenGa has been refusing to unban you, rather than a "problem in the appeal system". Now that you did acknowledge your responsibility, I will unban you.

Processing.

Return to “Processed Cases”