Unjustified action

Processed complaints will be moved here.

Moderator: Oversight Staff

Homicide
Armored Tree

Unjustified action

Postby Homicide » Wed Dec 28, 2016 7:26 pm

Hi ENT,

Replay Link: http://storage.entgaming.net/replay/vie ... 804596.w3g
Game Name: [ENT] NWU -sdsm #34
Your Warcraft III Username: GhosRidder
Admin Username: Hazardous
Any further thoughts:
As a consequence that I left last game ([ENT] NWU -sdsm #33), he thought that is his right to kick me from the lobby of next game, that I've listed. I don't think that this is in his rights to kick me from a lobby, I had my personal reasons which made me leave that game and this seemed not to intersect with his opinion. Everyone can be frustrated, even me by leaving but I got impatient after someone was kicked and I got second gank on top, I just wanted this to be drawed (and I understand that no one is forced to vote for that as much as I wasn't forced to stay on that game anymore). I have enough average percent of staying so I assumed that I won't get autobanned or even if I would, that's my problem. I could say he did abused his power by kicking me out of the lobby, probably he thought I was getting banned, I don't know, but he's in an administrative level and he should take action with more calm and more wisdom.

Overall I think he's a good moderator but he has his slips and this should be at least a warning for him to think before he take actions like this. @aRt)Y

Thanks,
Homicide

LTDNorb
Forest Walker

Re: Unjustified action

Postby LTDNorb » Wed Dec 28, 2016 8:19 pm

He would need to tban himself too cause he left before draw was done too, if he bans him for leaving before draw.
https://entgaming.net/findstats.php?id=8804466

(07:17 / All) only-loose: GhostRidder has left the game voluntarily.
(07:17 / QUIT) GhostRidder: Left
(07:19 / All) HazarDous: so bad
(07:21 / All) only-loose: HazarDous has left the game voluntarily.
(07:21 / QUIT) HazarDous: Left
(07:22 / All) leibo: wow
(07:22 / All) sin: wow
(07:23 / Allied) m1.: !draw
(07:25 / Allied) Maki: !draw
(07:25 / All) only-loose: Player [Maki] has voted to draw the game. 1 more votes are needed to pass the draw vote.
(07:29 / Allied) Allahakbar: !draw
(07:31 / Allied) Allahakbar: !undraw
(07:31 / All) only-loose: [Allahakbar] recalled vote to draw the game.
(07:32 / All) leibo: wtf
(07:32 / Allied) Allahakbar: !draw
(07:32 / All) only-loose: Player [Allahakbar] has voted to draw the game. 1 more votes are needed to pass the draw vote.
(07:34 / All) sin: !draw
(07:38 / Allied) nikemaru: !draw
(07:38 / All) only-loose: The game has now been recorded as a draw. You may leave at any time.

HazarDous
Staff Department

Postby HazarDous » Wed Dec 28, 2016 8:34 pm

LTDNorb wrote:He would need to tban himself too cause he left before draw was done too, if he bans him for leaving before draw.
https://entgaming.net/findstats.php?id=8804466

You are right, I left too fast. 5v3 was a draw regardless, though. I forgot to wait for the draw, and that's my bad.

Back to the topic in question, though. Leaving is against the rules, period. The simple fact that autoban did not ban you does not mean you have not broken a rule. 5v4 is unfair and annoying, I understand that and I drawed the game. However, no draw is no excuse to leave. Besides, I usually don't ban leavers as autoban takes care of them. In your case, the game ended soon after you left, which means that autoban may not trigger and I am fairly certain you are aware of that. In such cases, moderators are allowed to ban manually.

Side note: Keep in mind that NWU is a very small and understanding community who almost always draws unfair games. Unfortunately, some peple did not want to draw in that specific game. Leaving the game to avoid 5v4 and avoid bans knowing that everyone will draw is the best way to make people refuse to draw in the future, and I do not like that attitude.

Will let someone else process.

Homicide
Armored Tree

Postby Homicide » Wed Dec 28, 2016 9:14 pm

Thanks for the answer,
Seems like you got it wrong or I don't understand the concept of autoban. But as far as I remember the autoban system is made by some calculations and it doesn't ban all people that leave, people that have big percentage are less exposed to the ban, like an forgiven ticket cause they don't leave too often. At least that's how I thought it works and it seemed very equal for me.

Now you think that I tried to trick the system, firstly I didn't rely on team 2 to vote for draw so that's not why I left, since I left I took any risk and believe me less I cared about that game if it'll have been drawn or not. As I stated before I left because I got frustrated, 2 ganks on top and 1 afk/kicked player from our side made me leave it before the game ended. It's not about my attitude regarding draw, people should draw if in first 5 mins somone afks and the game starts 4v5. So from my side ur statement doesn't apply, more will unlike to play 4v5 than stay on a game like this.
Secondly I don't know anything about the trigger thing and what I said before proves that.
@Hazardous

aRt)Y
Protector of Nature

Postby aRt)Y » Wed Dec 28, 2016 9:57 pm

The reasons for your leaving are trivial here, so I wont comment on that.

The kick itself is legit as any rule violation (whether autoban bans for it or not) is an offense and therefore the moderator's decision whether to kick you or not. That, however, applies not to every rule as punishments should be game based. Leaving seems like an obvious exception here though. Even more so considering you just rejoined the game.

Regarding the ban, well, ENT usually does not interfere with the auto-banning system for obvious reasons. However, as the system is static, it cant account for every scenario. Considering you left and the players decided to draw, the system did not ban you as the game did end. Therefore, it allows ENT to enforce a manual ban.

As you can read on our wiki general rules: "Violating them might result in a warning or ban." In the end, the bans are always up to ENT. The system is not above us. We just prefer not interfering with it for transparency reasons.

tl;dr; Dont leave. Dont gamble the system and you are fine.

As the actions are not fishy or abusive but merely unusual given the circumstances, the complaint is invalid.

For other staff members, however, please contact greens or reds for further instructions before taking such actions.

Btw, the manual ban was not enforced by the system either.
    Information, Rules, Guides and everything else you need to know about ENT is on the ENT Wiki.
      Ignorantia juris non excusat • Quis custodiet ipsos custodes? • Fallacy of composition

Return to “Processed Cases”