@Matdas Unfair judging

Processed complaints will be moved here.

Moderator: Oversight Staff

Lajnux
Armored Tree

@Matdas Unfair judging

Postby Lajnux » Thu Apr 13, 2017 1:24 pm

Hey I would like to make a complaint about ban request. viewtopic.php?f=24&t=108947 and viewtopic.php?f=24&t=108943

@Matdas turns a blind eye on Adidus, since he suicided aswell and made other stuff. Also I provided information about Adidus making false claims serveral times that also got completly ignored.

@Matdas also bans me for receiving information from the enemys, even tho I couldn't do anything to protect myself against this information. Or should I before starting a game ignore all players?

I also made an appeal about the false ban here viewtopic.php?f=7&t=108950. But as written above this is an appeal that I should w8 on but I would like another moderator to look at the appeals and requests.

EdgeOfChaos

Re: @Matdas Unfair judging

Postby EdgeOfChaos » Thu Apr 13, 2017 11:01 pm

The appeal is not yet processed, so you shouldn't make a complaint about it yet. I approved this anyways because there's also the matter of the ban request. Did you message Matdas at all and ask why the user was not banned?

Mercy

Postby Mercy » Thu Apr 13, 2017 11:06 pm

@Lajnux

In my opinion, you did use the information in a way - to one, ghost what he was doing, even if it wasn't where. You could have simply could have acknowledged this. Another reason you used this information, was to call it out. There is no acceptable way to do this and in any scenario you would have been banned but one:

You should have simply ignored it, mentally, not said anything in all chat, and reported both the person who ghosted you the information as well as the person performing the house glitch. You did break a rule by doing anything else.

Lajnux
Armored Tree

Postby Lajnux » Thu Apr 13, 2017 11:57 pm

Thanks for your feedback @Mercy. I know it was wrong to point out about the house glitch in all chat and for that I can take ban. But in my defence I couldn't even be sure if the information I got was true or false also It's hard to make information disapear after getting it. Therefore I even used reveal ability to check out possible positions. It didn't hit teal in this case directly but thanks to elimination method I could check out the missing area. Therefore a 5 day ban is way to much in my opinion.

@edgeofchaos Yes I did and I got a positive respons that he got banned aswell. I later found out that he dodged the ban and made a request about it which @Av1oN approved.

matdas
ENT Staff

Postby matdas » Fri Apr 14, 2017 4:25 am

@edgeofchaos the user was banned before the post was made I had to edit the post to add in Adidus. You can check the logs and see that he was banned 15 seconds before the post was made.

Lajnux
Armored Tree

Postby Lajnux » Fri Apr 14, 2017 10:25 am

So now you finally admit you edited the post to add in Adidus. Great! Then that part is solved.
Now to the part that you left out a big part of evidence that was against Adidus before all this.

Also I claim that I couldn't done much to protect myself against the leaked information. Yes I shouldn't said anything in all chat. But here's a example. You get a a map and note about 500 dollars laying under a stone pointed out on the map. Even if you would ignored it at first since it could been false. A curious person would checked it out sometime. Have he then commited a crime for checking it out or was the blame on the one that wrote the note about the information?

I would say the blame would 100% be on the writer.

EdgeOfChaos

Postby EdgeOfChaos » Fri Apr 14, 2017 2:10 pm

Matdas did ban the user. He just edited the post later on to include it. So, he did nothing wrong.
As far as the ban on you goes, there is an open appeal so things will be handled there.

Lajnux
Armored Tree

Postby Lajnux » Fri Apr 14, 2017 3:39 pm

Since Adidus now is banned. I gonna drop that part of the case.

But the part about getting punished for receiving information from the enemy is still something I wanna raise my voice against.

AmnoN
ENT Staff

Postby AmnoN » Sat Apr 15, 2017 6:27 pm

@lajunx As more than one response has pointed out, this is not the place to appeal. Also, the reason that you are banned is from not only using the information, but sharing it too - you are also guilty of ghosting for that reason.

aRt)Y
Protector of Nature

Postby aRt)Y » Sat Apr 15, 2017 6:39 pm

Invalid complaint.

Please refer to the processed ban requests and appeals regarding ENT's interpretation of the rules.
    Information, Rules, Guides and everything else you need to know about ENT is on the ENT Wiki.
      Ignorantia juris non excusat • Quis custodiet ipsos custodes? • Fallacy of composition

Return to “Processed Cases”