[DOTA] FyahBurn - rejected ban appeal

Processed complaints will be moved here.

Moderator: Oversight Staff

dnjL
Armored Tree

[DOTA] FyahBurn - rejected ban appeal

Postby dnjL » Thu Sep 14, 2017 5:25 pm

And the show goes on. Are mods really so afraid of having an open conversation, or am I just being punished cause you feel like you don't appreciate my tone whatsoever?

Funny thing thou: "In case you are not satisfied with a moderator's decision on your ban request, please re-post it asking for second moderator to review it, prior to posting a complaint."
So instead of a second review, second appeal has been closed, because the first one was already rejected? Or it's just not relevant anymore, as long as you get two 'thank you' on forum? Come on.

BUT ANYWAY, since this is one-sided situation, and my word against mods is nothing anyway: for those mods/other people who hadn't yet read both topics, I will just post them bot here, as I cannot implement ohers answer and replies, and without them it wouldn't make any sense:

First post, under which there was a brief open converstation: viewtopic.php?f=25&t=117344

And its continuation: viewtopic.php?f=25&p=457091#p457091

@jinglerape @dnsmo @valor @coldfire786 @HazarDous @Alina @Av1oN

HazarDous
Staff Department

Re: [DOTA] FyahBurn - rejected ban appeal

Postby HazarDous » Thu Sep 14, 2017 5:44 pm

You seem to be confused about our policies. If you merely think your ban is unwarranted, then you can appeal, ask for second opinion, etc... If you are complaining about a staff member, then I invite you to read the name of this forum to understand why your previous appeal was denied. I must say, it still isn't clear what you want to achieve, so clear that up a little.

Also, now that you're here, do make your case up; don't just link to other topics.

dnjL
Armored Tree

Postby dnjL » Thu Sep 14, 2017 5:49 pm

And yet I do think that comments of other users can be significant for this matter, so should I just quote them..?

If I created a ban appaeal, and described the whole issue, it seems for me like a ban appeal indeed. You're only right about the fact, that I should straight away create a separate ticket regarding complaint on a Mod.

Still second appeal (well, turnes out to be an appeal only for me) shouldn't be rejected on grants that it isn't one.

aRt)Y
Protector of Nature

Postby aRt)Y » Thu Sep 14, 2017 6:25 pm

Again, you are just talking.

You posted a complaint and we will take it seriously but dont assume we will toy around with it.

Build your case as requested, provide everything you think is necessary and make up your mind what you want to achieve with this complaint.

The Staff Dept. will judge in last instance. It's your final shot.
    Information, Rules, Guides and everything else you need to know about ENT is on the ENT Wiki.
      Ignorantia juris non excusat • Quis custodiet ipsos custodes? • Fallacy of composition

dnjL
Armored Tree

Postby dnjL » Thu Sep 14, 2017 6:45 pm

I don't want you to toy around with anything. I want you to take it seriously, and not just to toss around with my appeals, like it just happend today.
I suppose that I need to once again describe the whole story, so here it goes.

I was in a DotA all pick easy mode game, where it happened that one of the players dropped, so we had to continue 4vs5. There was this quiet naix player (new accounter), who turned out to be an admin, enigma player named sita and a fourth, irrelevant to this situation player. I've been ignored by sita after like 10 minutes for no reason, so the communication in team was stricted. Getting to the point; after enigma was just generally playing bad, he decided to twice in a row feed opponent team with his courier - twice in the same place, where their techies had mines at our secret shop. Nothing changed after the first death of the courier. He was also informed by us that there are mines. After that he was not playing with the team, farming jungle and letting their carry just gank him solo few times. He has used black hole on empty space our jungle. After that I've votekicked him for game ruining. Then, new accounter decided to join the conversation. Didn't have to wait long till he spread that he is an admin and that I've violated the rules by votekicking enigma.

Now let's talk about mod himself. A new accounter joins a game, picks jungler and is quiet for the most of the time. Nothing is wrong with that, however it was clear that he was just waiting for someone to break the rule, so he can push his ego to the limits by showing of that he is a admin, and that the person who (apparently) broke the rule, will get banned. Spread the info on the main chat to everyone and could be happy about it. He also as a naix used infest on void, and walked 'into' him for about 5 minutes doing literally nothing. They both watch me die, patrolling behind me and doing nothing. He just started to enjoy, that all were against me, since I've tried to votekick enigma, and he was there just to catch someone on breaking the rules. Not the first time we've seen mod playing on new account, not wanting to win/have fun whatsoever, just to wait and see till someone breaks the rule, so he can save the day. It wasn't even enigma who posted ban request, just straight him. No all heroes wear capes.

I've posted first ban appeal, under which two people replied stating, that issues like that happens, and it's nothing new. All of us were ignored, and not respond to our allegation.

After that, I've posted another, second ban appeal, in order to sort it out by a different mod. It was immidiately rejected by another mod, saying that appeal was already rejected, and I can write a complaint in order to continue this subject.

This is how I see it: votekick was legitimate, me including other people that posted below were not able to discuss matter of abusing power by mods (which I can partly understand, due to the ban appeal topic, and not yet complain), second appeal wasn't taking into consideration at all.

@aRt)Y since you're one of the eldest ENT mods I' remember (excluding blinkgaming staff) I would like you to take this one into consideration, so we can somehow resolve this matter.

Zeratul

Postby Zeratul » Thu Sep 14, 2017 7:16 pm

I've posted first ban appeal, under which two people replied stating, that issues like that happens, and it's nothing new. All of us were ignored, and not respond to our allegation.
Yeah your friends were so 'objective' ... If anyone has to explain to you why they were ignored, then you shoulnd't have complained in the first place

Anyways regarding what ur "complaining":

Enigma dies once around 8 mins (to techies mines) -> Considering the amount of spam/pings, i can see why he would move inside and fuck up
Dies again at 9 mins -> enigma left alone vs an axe cutting ..
Around 13/14 minutes - enigma defending bot, gets ganked by bat and axe - yet he ulties around the 2nd tower, not only surviving, but getting them killed (since the team assisted)
At 15 mins - helps killing slark near base (woods)
At 18 mins - enigma misses his ulti (u can clearly see he wanted to ulti right when void ultied, to sync with him), yet he failed and what do you do? Instant votekick, cause clearly its the right move there ... (not)
Around 21 mins (more or less) - enigma dies near the shop to an invisible slark gank, u went in after and end up getting urself killed as well - So enigma deserves to be kicked for dying to an invisible gank, and u dont when u moved inside the shop after enigma died ...? ur logic seems to have problems.

After that u decide to enter a fight against naix for infesting void for nearly 2-3 mins (u called 5, which makes me wonder if u ever payed attention to what was going on) -> Naix expected void to jump, ulti and sync to kill them.

Around 29 mins instead of helping naix defending, u literally decided that trashtalking and pretending ur an uber pro was a better call ... oh wait let me guess, it's enigma fault... right?

Anyways:

If enigma was a pro? Nope
If enigma failed a couple of times? Definitely.
Is that bannable? Not

Did you break the rules? Yes, more than once
Were you warned not to do so? Yes ("Stop making things up" should have been enough for you to realize you weren't right, but nope)
Did you refuse to help your team? Yes you did
Should you be banned? Yes

Nothing wrong on naix/enigma plays (or let me correct it, nothing bannable -> dont want you thinking something else)

dnjL
Armored Tree

Postby dnjL » Thu Sep 14, 2017 7:27 pm

First of all, who are you to answer under this complaint for mod acting, if you are not a mod nor a player related to this game?
Not everyone who posted below my appeal was my friend.
I refused to def because I was chatting for 1 minute, BUT right after that, when we go, and void with enigma patrol the fountain for 2 minutes, it's alright?
It's not me, who has problems with objectivity, but you, who stand beside admin actions whatever they are.
I was warned not to do so - yes, at the very same moment when I did. I'm speaking about votekick, cause your comment about making things up is just irrelevant and cynical

Jabba41
Protector of Nature

Postby Jabba41 » Thu Sep 14, 2017 7:31 pm

@dnjL he is a former mod and is totally capable of reviewing such games. His post got approved as his reviewing skills are very very good and you dont seem to mind "non mod" opinions as you asked your people to talk on your appeals too.
So why dont respond on what he brought up instead of trashing his post just because its not posted by a mod ?
These users thanked the author Jabba41 for the post (total 3):
Essenze (Fri Sep 15, 2017 1:57 am) • Merex (Fri Sep 15, 2017 12:56 am) • Panopticon (Thu Sep 14, 2017 8:11 pm)
Send me your best Sloth pictures for instant unban*

*individual results may vary

dnjL
Armored Tree

Postby dnjL » Thu Sep 14, 2017 7:34 pm

I didn't trash it, I've asked who he is. And that question seems to be legitimate, if you see how sarcastic he is.
My friend, who posted a comment is subjective, but an ex mod, who is a friend of all of you is not? That makes sense. Or maybe I myself, or my friend, who are playing this game way longer than ENT and BG exist are not good enough, to share oppinion regarding certain situations in game..?
I've also answered his allegations, or at least tried to.

Thanks

Zeratul

Postby Zeratul » Thu Sep 14, 2017 7:37 pm

First of all, who are you to answer under this complaint for mod acting, if you are not a mod nor a player related to this game?

yet you tagged them everywhere (including this complaint) - My bad for assuming they're your friends, guess you're just 'popular'; And every topic is public in case you dind't notice - meaning any member (including me) can comment as long as it brings useful information (or different points of view)

I refused to def because I was chatting for 1 minute, BUT right after that, when we go, and void with enigma patrol the fountain for 2 minutes, it's alright?

Yet you never reported them, and you votekick enigma long before that even happened, so hardly makes your case "better" - And yes "chatting" for 1 minute, during a crucial moment (enemies raxing) definitely has more impact than a void/enigma patrolling after those raxes are down, you know?

It's not me, who has problems with objectivity, but you, who stand beside admin actions whatever they are.

3 persons (2 mod, 1 member) already confirmed that you're wrong - i hardly believe we're not being objective here, but decide for yourself (PS: Something tells me you might get more than just 3 confirming the same)

I was warned not to do so - yes, at the very same moment when I did. I'm speaking about votekick, cause your comment about making things up is just irrelevant and cynical

Is it? You made things up about enigma (lying during the votekick process), which could have resulted in enigma's abusive votekick from the game (and your ban would have been longer, speaking by experience).

Now tell me: Don't you find weird that none of the players ingame trusted or confirmed what you said?

i mean we're talking about 10 players - let's remove you, naix and enigma from the equation -> We're left with 7, none of them believed you

Think twice next time.

dnjL
Armored Tree

Postby dnjL » Thu Sep 14, 2017 7:47 pm

unknownwarrior wrote:

yet you tagged them everywhere (including this complaint) - My bad for assuming they're your friends, guess you're just 'popular'; And every topic is public in case you dind't notice - meaning any member (including me) can comment as long as it brings useful information (or different points of view)

I never marked dnsmo, who as well replied under that appeal.

unknownwarrior wrote:

Yet you never reported them, and you votekick enigma long before that even happened, so hardly makes your case "better" - And yes "chatting" for 1 minute, during a crucial moment (enemies raxing) definitely has more impact than a void/enigma patrolling after those raxes are down, you know?

Of course I didn't, because it was already over, they didn't care at all anyway. Btw. ban request was processed regarding votekick abuse.

unknownwarrior wrote:

3 persons (2 mod, 1 member) already confirmed that you're wrong - i hardly believe we're not being objective here, but decide for yourself (PS: Something tells me you might get more than just 3 confirming the same)

Yes, You're right. Considering that you're an ex mod, who I believe is a friend of them. Even if not, appreciate your time to share your oppinion. Unfortunately, can't say I agree with it.

unknownwarrior wrote:

Is it? You made things up about enigma (lying during the votekick process), which could have resulted in enigma's abusive votekick from the game (and your ban would have been longer, speaking by experience).

Not sure what are you talking about here. Lying during the votekick process? He used black hole, at the place where pa was already dead. And he died IN the chrono, he was already gone. What about the courier situation? General ruining?

unknownwarrior wrote:Now tell me: Don't you find weird that none of the players ingame trusted or confirmed what you said?

i mean we're talking about 10 players - let's remove you, naix and enigma from the equation -> We're left with 7, none of them believed you

No, not at all. Because this is an issue with ENT games. Either people don't care at all, ignore, ruin, w/e, or are like the admin we are talking about, just joining and waiting for someone to break the slighest rule and to be happy about posting a ban request.

unknownwarrior wrote:Think twice next time.

That will do, for sure.

aRt)Y
Protector of Nature

Postby aRt)Y » Fri Sep 15, 2017 5:16 pm

You have been overly toxic in-game and you are way too impulsive. Missing one ulti does not equal game ruining, hence it does not warrant a votekick.

I do agree with Alina's review of the game. The complaint is denied and the moderator's ban remains intact.

My recommendation to you, @dnjL : Be more supportive in-game, stop flaming your teammates and if you post appeals, refrain from insulting the person you blame; it wont get you anywhere.
    Information, Rules, Guides and everything else you need to know about ENT is on the ENT Wiki.
      Ignorantia juris non excusat • Quis custodiet ipsos custodes? • Fallacy of composition

Return to “Processed Cases”