Essenze game ruining and unprofessional behavior

Processed complaints will be moved here.

Moderator: Oversight Staff

r3515t_
Armored Tree

Essenze game ruining and unprofessional behavior

Postby r3515t_ » Wed Nov 08, 2017 4:18 pm

Essenze was "specs" in this game and feeds before 2min (to obvious mines laid by techies), curses the player who called mid, and ruins mid for no reason (and also the game imo). He agitated all players by taking mid, talking trash, and trying to votekick me. He never stated clearly he was an admin, but yet says he will ban me, which he did. I honestly thought he was trolling me, and he completely pissed me off. His behavior is completely unacceptable imo and I have no idea how this guy could have in game privileges when he ruins games by acting like a jackass.

Game link: https://entgaming.net/findstats.php?id=9994543
My Appeal: viewtopic.php?f=25&t=120120

(00:46 / Allied) TheHunterr: i am mid
(00:51 / Allied) specs: !sd the (this is his ally btw)
(00:56 / Allied) specs: euros are bad
(01:40 / Allied) specs: ill
(01:41 / Allied) specs: go in
(01:42 / Allied) specs: mines
(01:43 / Allied) specs: get lich

(Feeds to enemy team by walking right in to mines)

(01:57 / Allied) specs: o
(02:17 / Allied) specs: seems he put alot
(02:18 / Allied) specs: but ima mid
(02:21 / Allied) specs: since blue is a bitch

(Proceeds to take mid from blue who obviously called it)

(02:37 / Allied) TheHunterr: move man
(02:37 / Allied) TheHunterr: !
(02:42 / Allied) specs: no thanks ''retard''

What admin talks/acts like this?

aRt)Y
Protector of Nature

Re: Essenze game ruining and unprofessional behavior

Postby aRt)Y » Wed Nov 08, 2017 5:42 pm

@Essenze Input, please.
    Information, Rules, Guides and everything else you need to know about ENT is on the ENT Wiki.
      Ignorantia juris non excusat • Quis custodiet ipsos custodes? • Fallacy of composition

Karils
Treant Protector

Postby Karils » Wed Nov 08, 2017 9:58 pm

aRt)Y wrote:@Essenze Input, please.

I'd like to point one thing out with the chat provided in the complaint post.

The last part where specs calls TheHunterr "retard" was a call back to what TheHunterr said himself:

(02:00 / Allied) TheHunterr: what i retard

Glossing over information like this to cast a bad light upon someone, out of context, doesn't make the complaint look as legitimate as it could otherwise, and should be a thing to be considered by both people who review this, and the player making the complaint.

Essenze
Donator

Postby Essenze » Wed Nov 08, 2017 10:36 pm

So, a violator (you) appeals, gets denied and posts a complaint against a moderator who already apologized for their semi bad behavior. Did you not see my last message in: viewtopic.php?f=25&t=120120 ?

The reason I died to mines was because I thought there was not too many of them since I catched techies kind of early. So I took a chance thinking I'd be able to tank them. Unfortunately I died, then I got called retard by the mid guy, who obviously was not fit to take mid (negative KDR and W/L). I went mid to babysit him, not to ruin, that's about it. The only thing he said after was ''move man'' and remained quiet for the rest of my time with him. So was this a problem? Not really.

I did say ''no thanks ''retard''', but as @karils said, it was simply because he disrespected me first over nothing. But either way, with or without that ''retard'' word & even if my chat shows otherwise, I would of went mid anyway because I don't trust negative kdr/wl players that goes mid, in most cases they're the ones that ruins games.

And do I need to say sorry again for taking action against your violation too quick?

@aRt)Y

r3515t_
Armored Tree

Postby r3515t_ » Wed Nov 08, 2017 10:44 pm

TheHunterr was asking a question, where essenze is calling his ally a retard. That's quite different, and the question is irrelevant to essenze's statement, which either way is completely unjustified and made to troll TheHunterr. The actions of essenze cast a hell of a lot more "bad light" than the chat log.

Stiff_Maistar
Treant Protector

Postby Stiff_Maistar » Wed Nov 08, 2017 11:13 pm

Just a sidenote - @Essenze did you make a brq when you banned him? Since I wasnt able to find it
These users thanked the author Stiff_Maistar for the post:
Essenze (Thu Nov 09, 2017 2:34 pm)
What did snow white say when the dwarves saw her naked?
7-UP
https://www.facebook.com/TehLurdOfTehReingsOfficial/videos/710971672378120/

r3515t_
Armored Tree

Postby r3515t_ » Wed Nov 08, 2017 11:15 pm

May be you didn't read the complaint, but it is not about what you did to me, but what you did in the game to all the allies (including me), but especially TheHunterrr.

"Unfortunately I died, then I got called retard by the mid guy, who obviously was not fit to take mid (negative KDR and W/L)"

As a moderator, when facing a less skilled ally who needs your help, will you say:

(02:18 / Allied) specs: but ima mid
(02:21 / Allied) specs: since blue is a bitch

I think not. You clearly trolled TheHunterrr because you were upset at dying in dying only seconds earlier, and completely lost control in the game.

"So was this a problem?"

Yes, it was a huge problem. He didn't say anything to you because he is not a child like you are. He did, however, ignore you eventually;

(09:19 / Allied) TheHunterr: !ignore spec

"it was simply because he disrespected me first over nothing"

You need to reconsider your explanation, because it is clear from the chat log that YOU disrespected him first:

(00:46 / Allied) TheHunterr: i am mid
(00:51 / Allied) specs: !sd the
(00:56 / Allied) specs: euros are bad

Feeding techies only made it seem like you are a complete troll who is trying to ruin the game. Try to view it from someone else's perspective.

"I don't trust negative kdr/wl players that goes mid, in most cases they're the ones that ruins games."

So, are you saying that anyone who goes mid with negative kdr deserves to have mid taken from them and most likely the corresponding game should be ruined? May be we should investigate how many games like this you have ruined.

It's not about me, you can apologize as many times as you like. I think that your actions and corresponding explanation clearly show that you need to reconsider your approach to moderating games, and avoid ruining them in the future.

BeerLord
Protector of Nature

Postby BeerLord » Thu Nov 09, 2017 4:57 am

I took 45 minutes out of my busy schedule to watch this game.
Some chat from the OP that i think is relevant:
(21:13 / Allied) deyam: im done with defending
(21:16 / Allied) deyam: ill be pussy farming all game
(21:39 / Allied) deyam: it's cool
(21:41 / Allied) deyam: im just done
(21:50 / Allied) deyam: ill ward
(21:52 / Allied) deyam: but u gusy suck dick
(23:57 / Allied) deyam: stupid ass no dust!
(25:04 / Allied) deyam: !ff
At 26:38 scourge is raxing bot and PA (the OP) is creeping scourge woods. He has 2 tp scrolls.
(26:59 / Allied) deyam: fuck u noobs
(27:23 / All) TheHunterr: A votekick against player [deyam] has been started by player [monkeyrush].
(30:39 / Allied) monkeyrush: stop fuckin ruining
(31:29 / Allied) deyam: fuck u
At 3205 scourge coming to rax mid while PA is in bottom lane creeping. He has bot and 2 tp scrolls.
(32:07 / All) TheHunterr: A votekick against player [deyam] has been started by player [monkeyrush].
At 3235 after mid tier 3 tower and ancient of lore is dead and ancient of war is down to 339 hitpoints and still being attacked PA tp's top lane.
(32:36 / All) TheHunterr: deyam was kicked by player [Admin].

It is clear to me that the OP gave up in this game, indicated so in his chat and play, and twice failed to defend. The two votekick attempts were appropriate, as was the use of in-game priviledges to kick and ban. It is clear to me the OP was game ruining, and deserved to be kicked. A further irony is this chat line: (25:06 / Allied) deyam: pls kick me

So he gets what he asked for, then comes to lodge a complaint.
Regarding that, words mean things:
"feeds before 2min (to obvious mines laid by techies)" dying to tech mines early in a game meets no criteria for game ruin and is not considered feeding. Also, this was addressed in the appeal by spec who was of the opinion that tech did not have sufficient time to lay enough mines to kill him. This turned out obviously to be wrong but it was a judgement call, already explained to the op, and conveniently left out of his complaint

"curses the player who called mid" By cursing you mean he stated said player was being a bitch after said player called him a retard.

"and ruins mid for no reason" There is no rule that defines ruin mid. What he did was not allow an experienced player to solo mid which might jeopardize the game. That violates no rule, and is a common occurrence in dota.

"and ruins mid for no reason (and also the game imo)" There is no evidence he ruined the game, finishing 6-5 with ten assists, actively ganking and defending with team. The OP, meanwhile, finished 0-6 with 2 assists, quit early and, as documented above, game ruined by failure to defend.

" He agitated all players by taking mid, talking trash, and trying to votekick me. " There is no evidence for any of that. Again taking mid is not against any rule, there was no significant trash talk, and although he voted to kick you, both votekicks were initiated by another team mate, and as documented above, were entirely appropriate.

" He never stated clearly he was an admin" There was no need or requirement to do this.

"His behavior is completely unacceptable imo and I have no idea how this guy could have in game privileges when he ruins games by acting like a jackass." I saw nothing that indicated he was acting like a jackass, and his use of in game privileges was entirely appropriate.

In summary, you were appropriately banned, posted an appeal in which you made the behavior of the moderator an issue instead of your own (which you have a habit of doing). When the case was reviewed by another moderator who agreed with the actions taken, you posted a Complaint, again making the moderator the issue while ignoring your own (which you also have a habit of doing).

This complaint has no merit, and should be dismissed.
These users thanked the author BeerLord for the post:
Essenze (Thu Nov 09, 2017 2:32 pm)

CheW
Protector of Nature

Postby CheW » Thu Nov 09, 2017 5:54 am

Stiff_Maistar wrote:Just a sidenote - @Essenze did you make a brq when you banned him? Since I wasnt able to find it

BRQ threads are not required for bans 2 days or less
These users thanked the author CheW for the post:
Essenze (Thu Nov 09, 2017 2:58 pm)
MAGA

Essenze
Donator

Postby Essenze » Thu Nov 09, 2017 2:34 pm

Stiff_Maistar wrote:Just a sidenote - @Essenze did you make a brq when you banned him? Since I wasnt able to find it

Actually I was currently playing at that time and was supposed to make one, but somewhat had a last minute event and completely forgot the next day. I shall do it, thank you for reminding me.

aRt)Y
Protector of Nature

Postby aRt)Y » Thu Nov 09, 2017 5:48 pm

Well, there are a few things..

Firstly, while we have no "going mid"-rule per se, it does not mean you can just do it. ENT generally applies the game ruin rule to punish harassment and/or ruining middle lane.

Based on the chat, it does indeed sound like he hadn't planned to die, however, his reaction towards blue was inappropriate from the very beginning ("euros are bad") leading up to the rather bad excuse of "since blue is a bitch" for going middle. Therefore, the intention to help him seems fishy in hindsight.

Secondly, threatening players is a no-go. In this situation, however, the moderator actually had reason to "speak up" and make sure the user understands the situation he is in given his violation of ENT's rules - which ended up in getting booted from the game.

Regarding, @Essenze , apologizing works a bit differently... You don't say sorry and end your apology with everything _he_ could have done better.
It's about you and admitting your wrong-doing; not about him, it's trivial.

Additionally, I would appreciate you watching your phrasing as ENT is a newbie-friendly platform. You can judge players based on their ELO in your mind but you should avoid saying it out loud, even more so since you are an ENT moderator.

The best solution would be asking whether they a) need help in general or b) would like your assistance in middle. Trashing them from the get-go is both toxic and creates a subjective negative attitude from you towards him. Plus, forcing yourself in his middle - regardless of his KDA - doesnt help it either.

Given the Oversight Staff has reviewed the in-game action and it has been judged as such by two moderators before, the complaint is denied.
The moderator should re-read Handbook §3 as this has not been the ideal reflection of ENT's public image.
    Information, Rules, Guides and everything else you need to know about ENT is on the ENT Wiki.
      Ignorantia juris non excusat • Quis custodiet ipsos custodes? • Fallacy of composition

Return to “Processed Cases”