HazarDous abuse

Processed complaints will be moved here.

Moderator: Oversight Staff

KiwiLeKiller
Treant Protector

HazarDous abuse

Postby KiwiLeKiller » Fri Dec 01, 2017 10:24 pm

It all started with this game (for my part, be it) : viewtopic.php?f=215&t=121211

Context: Enemy team (where HazarDous is playing) sends 15 and we hold it quite easily. We send 17 and enemy team holds it quite easily with income send. At this point, none of the teams really had any advantage over the other and it was an obvious 28 or 31+ game, which I could not play because I had to go. I know I should be aware that games can always go to 20+ levels and I should make sure I have enough time. This is not my trial, my actions in this game are not relevant and I took the DC penalty (-18 elo).
While !draw was not required at the point I had to go (unless I leave or DC), as a LIHL moderator AND a Staff Department member, he should know better than simply misbehave like he did. He wanted to take advantage of the situation and wanted me to leave after level 20 so he would be able not to !draw the game.

AmnoN wrote:There is a different standard that moderators are expected to adhere to as we are expected to create a more positive environment both in-game and on-forum. - viewtopic.php?f=31&t=117422&start=15

HazarDous wrote:As a moderator, you are held to a higher standard than regular players. - viewtopic.php?f=31&t=117422&start=15

When HazarDous posted the DC penalty topic, I commented on it the following:
Spoiler!
Manners above all! --> Was referring to this thread, since I believe it was unmannered from them not to !draw the game.

!ihs HazarDous …Oh, I see you need it. :D --> Was just a little tease

And then I thanked HazarDous and Vendeta for their (lack of) manners, but I don’t remember the exact sentence. It was nothing excessive.

HazarDous deleted my comment three (3) times for absolutely no reason and ultimately Forum banned me for 1 day for spamming. Maybe I did spam, posting 3 times the same (or almost the same) comment, but HazarDous is feeling like he can delete any of my comments (or other’s comments) like he wants because he owns this place? My comment really didn’t deserve to be deleted, so my Forum ban was not appropriate.

It is not the first time someone posts a reply to a DC penalty thread and it is clearly not the last time.

viewtopic.php?f=215&t=120340
viewtopic.php?f=215&t=119132
viewtopic.php?f=215&t=117516
viewtopic.php?f=215&t=115610
viewtopic.php?f=215&t=115364

Why is my comment getting deleted and the others are not? Why am I getting a Forum ban and the others are not?

###

Then in Discord, on the same day, he is arguing publicly with Braveheart_wins about personal issues (see below) in #ltl-chat channel:
Spoiler!
Meshtarius - Last Wednesday at 1:14 PM
@Braveheart_wins
get your ass back to lihl :wink:
Braveheart_wins - Last Wednesday at 1:30 PM
Wont happen :smiley: get rid of your abusive mod and maybe I would consider it :smiley:
November 30, 2017
Hazardous - Yesterday at 3:56 PM
@Braveheart_wins by that logic, you might aswell stop playing on ENT altogether.
Braveheart_wins - Yesterday at 4:02 PM
From what I´ve seen so far, you are not randomly banning people from pubs for no reason(and dodging ban from your own rule breaks), so seems okay so far...but I guess it might just be a matter of time :smiley:
Hazardous - Yesterday at 4:04 PM
Everyone is capable of throwing accusations like you're doing right now
the difficult part comes when you're asked to provide evidence to back your claims
Braveheart_wins - Yesterday at 4:04 PM
On which part?
Hazardous - Yesterday at 4:05 PM
and until that criteria is met, and the proper process is followed (aka forum complaint), then you have no right to attack any of the staff members.
On which part? doesn't matter. You've proven to be unable to hold a rational discussion, so I won't bother. Just consider yourself warned with regards to throwing groundless accusations in wrong public channels.(edited)
Braveheart_wins - Yesterday at 4:08 PM
Doesnt matter? which part do you want evienence on? Everyone knows your random ban was totally bs, and you never once wrote anything bout it was wrong to me. And for the ban dodging, first thing that comes to my mind, is when you went against lihl rules when you cancelled a 3s to make 4s without having people agree a ...week or 2 ago? If you want, I´ll give it a few mins to find some other nice example
You banned someone from signing early(before current game was over)
Then you did the same, and dodged ban once again?
Hazardous - Yesterday at 4:12 PM
I could explain a lot of my actions, that I have no problem with. But the fact that you neither came to see me or bothered to post a complaint proves to me that it is worthless to argue with you.
Broud3r - Yesterday at 4:13 PM
do you mind arguing in privat?
Braveheart_wins - Yesterday at 4:13 PM
Why would I bother doing that? I make the simple move and did not go back to lihl, I asked for you to admit ur fault and write a simple apologize about it, and you refused. And the way you are running lihl atm, with different rules for yourself as a mod is quite bad
Hazardous - Yesterday at 4:13 PM
Nothing to argue, as I said. Conversation is over.

I warned them both that this channel was for LTL related stuff only and that private problems should be dealt in private. He deleted that message and sent me this message on Discord (in PM):
Spoiler!
HazarDous - Yesterday at 7:34 PM wrote:Hey.

There comes a time where you need to grow up a little and stop getting emotional when anything minor happens. You are a part of ENT's staff and therefore represent it. There is a limit to the behaviour we can accept from you, and so you will need to learn how to communicate your frustration without allowing your emotions to erupt into a 2-year-old's tantrum. Forum ban was the first strike, your discord attempt to assert some sort of authority over me is the second strike. Tone it down now because there won't be a third one.

Not only he threatens me, saying there won’t be a third time, whatever it means, but he also insults me in addition of trying to sit down his powers on me. HazarDous thinks everything circles around him and it affects his judgement. As a LTL Staff member, my job is merely to moderate LTL and the Discord channels that come with it: I am making sure people communicate game-related-stuff in #ltl-games and about everything else (but still LTL related stuff) in #ltl-chat, so that people use our channels properly. The warning I issued to Braveheart_wins and to HazarDous was totally legit, yet he thinks it’s me trying to sit down my authority over him when it’s definitely not the case.

Why am I not able to moderate my channels properly and to warn people about things we don’t want in those channels, but he can warn people for “throwing groundless accusations in wrong public channels”?

###

- When I was part of the ENT Staff team, I got unfairly unvouched from LIHL for supposedly ghosting. I asked every single moderator at that time and they all told me I should not have been unvouched. When I talked to HazarDous and to aRt)Y, they told me that ENT and the Leagues do not interfere with each others, so they could not do anything about it. Yet, it doesn't seem like HazarDous has a lot of problems with interfering with LTL when it concerns him.

- Both these events show that HazarDous did not use his position of Staff Department properly and that he abused his administrator's privileges.

- Both these events witness the current situation with HazarDous. People call him a dictator in the LIHL community and there is a reason for that. He is abusing in-game commands, he is abusing Discord commands, he is bending the rules however he feels like in reports and in-game (most recent example being viewtopic.php?f=72&t=121250) and he is abusing his position as a member of the Staff Department.

I am pretty sure people from LIHL will have a lot to say about HazarDous behavior as a LIHL moderator.
"in a moment of extreme passion"
- Beastman (2017)

aRt)Y
Protector of Nature

Re: HazarDous abuse

Postby aRt)Y » Sat Dec 02, 2017 11:26 am

Having talked to LIHL staff, the game you mentioned is trivial to the complaint as no abuse of privileges happened. I also don't see Hazardous trash-talking you or ban-threatening you in-game, so the quotes are meaningless for this case. Besides, other players in-game questioned your intention behind leaving, too, and the coincidence that you leaked a wave given the timing of your quit.

Regarding your forum posts, any post is subject to removal if it violates ENT's forum rules and/or is off-topic/meaningless to the topic itself.
You made one post teasing Hazardous (saying so yourself) and making an otherwise useless statement. Therefore, that post is kinda redundant for an administrative sub-forum section on the forum. The proper way would have been addressing that concern to your league staff rather than posting the same content twice again.. what did you expect? It is a common procedure to enforce temporal forum bans if warnings do not help. Regarding the other links you provided:
a) posts have been deleted there, too
b) the posts you deem meaningless have not the nature of making the atmosphere/discussion toxic/steering drama
With that said, you may report any post on the forum you think violates ENT's forum rules; our forum staff will take care of it.

About the chat on Discord, while not ideal, it is what's expected from staff members. If public players accuse _any_ staff member of abuse, you should provide evidence and post a complaint. If you don't, then you have _no_ right to publicly shame/insult ENT staff members. Braveheart_wins was apparently in the mood to annoy Hazardous without backing up his claims. Since they talked about bans which is ENT-related, this is not personal. Hazardous, as any other staff member, as well, has the right to defend himself and demand a fair and just process via the complaint section.

Now, my favorite part which happens to pop-up every few months in the leagues: jurisdiction. My take on that is also pretty clear and I was already fairly annoyed with the LIHL member few months ago. So let me say it once to you, too:
As per member-role-permission matrix, league staff (LIHL, LTL, DIHL) have these duties:
League Staff
Vouch Process
League Handbook
Discussion Moderation

That means, your job is not to moderate _any_ Discord channel. That's the job of ENT's official Discord staff.
It also means, your job is not to moderate the sub-forums and/or enforce warnings or bans. That's the job of ENT's official Forum staff.
Obviously, you might have the rights to do so but they are given to you to perform your duties as league staff.

It's interesting that league staff members think they are free to do whatever they want. That's most certainly not the case. Your sole purpose as league staff member is to manage the league, process the administrative work and to communicate with the Staff Dept. Any form of forum/discord moderating in terms of warning and banning is not part of your job. Consult with the proper ENT staff groups for assistance.

With that said, any league is still part of ENT and therefore, its staff is subject to disciplinary actions by the Staff Dept.
Hazardous might be a casual LTL league player but he is also an LIHL moderator and Staff Dept. member. If he feels the need to warn you regarding your attitude, you should accept it and reflect upon it in which context it was said/meant.

If the LTL staff thinks hazardous and Braveheart_wins have done something wrong, pass it on to the Discord staff and/or consult with the LTL league staff for further disciplinary actions which are within your boundaries.

About the LIHL, maybe you should wait until it is actually processed.. Haz has been punished for the violation by the league staff.

To close this complaint, we dont deal with them based on a popularity voting. So your last sentence is entirely trivial. This case is not about what people think of haz but what you brought up as evidence for his accused wrong-doings. If LIHL players have issues with haz, they should contact the league staff and then go through the proper channels. The complaint section is not a venting section for your emotions.

The trigger seemed to be your own fault by leaving the game, so perhaps, instead of hitting on others, try to improve on yourself.
ENT staff is bound to properly escalate their actions. You received a warning, a temporal ban for disciplinary reasons and apparently mis-handled it on Discord. Hazardous has to inform you of further potential actions in order for you to improve yourself and/or consult other staff members for guidance.

Complaint is denied and accusations are rejected.
    Information, Rules, Guides and everything else you need to know about ENT is on the ENT Wiki.
      Ignorantia juris non excusat • Quis custodiet ipsos custodes? • Fallacy of composition

Return to “Processed Cases”