Power abuse slipperyslark

Processed complaints will be moved here.

Moderator: Oversight Staff

FalenGa
Oversight Staff

Re: Power abuse slipperyslark

Postby FalenGa » Fri Dec 15, 2017 2:39 pm

At 1800 there is a fight in the bottom rune. Storm is farming mid with full hp/mana, and the fight lasts over 30 seconds. He could have easily joined, helped, and get out with a kill and a couple of assists. He stays farming mid, instead.

At 2000 earth gets ganked top, and a fight begins. It lasts for over a minute. Storm ( Lebron ), is full hp and mana, has a tp on his inventory, yet he never joins to help. He had plenty of chances, and lots of time.

Spoiler!
(21:49 / Allied) SLipperySLark: all we needed
(21:53 / Allied) SLipperySLark: was 1 more guy to tp
(21:56 / Allied) Shadow(x): if u wanna fight tell me
(21:58 / Allied) Shadow(x): my tp cd
(22:00 / Allied) Shadow(x): u shud be aware
(22:07 / Allied) Shadow(x): i cant run to u when everyone dead
(22:08 / Allied) Shadow(x): and lose cs

Slippery is absolutely right. With storm there, this fight would have gone a completely different way, instead of his team getting farmed. Also, expecting him to "tell you he wants to fight" while he is getting ganked/already fighting with the rest of your team, is just wrong. This is an in-house game. You are expected to show high alertness, map awareness, teamplay, coordination and cooperation, if you want to win a game like this.

By the way, you teleported back to base at 1915. Meaning your cd was ready at 2015. The fight took place from ~1935 to 2100. You had ~40 seconds to teleport, and over a minute to walk there and be of some use to your team. Instead, you walked mid and farmed neutrals/mid. Would take you an extra 5 seconds to walk top instead. No excuses there.

At 2400 earth dies mid in a fight, with only tiny there, and calls storm out. However, storm couldn't have helped in this particular situation, as he was back at base regenerating hp/mana.

Spoiler!
(25:11 / Allied) SLipperySLark: better shut up
(25:13 / Allied) SLipperySLark: before i kick u
(25:14 / Allied) SLipperySLark: and draw
(25:15 / Allied) SLipperySLark: lol

At 2810 the final battle begins, with storm not being there and asking them to wait for him. His team ingages out of the tower tho, and obviously storm can't join yet. He starts walking there, but by the time he is there 3 of his teammates are dead. This fight was definitely not storm's fault. His team engaged prematurely, costing them the fight.

SLipperySLark then completely abuses his powers, and kicks storm and himself out of the game.

Spoiler!
(29:08 / Allied) SLipperySLark: !kick shadow
(29:08 / All) SLipperySLark: Shadow(x) was kicked by player [SLipperySLark].
(29:08 / QUIT) Shadow(x): Left

(35:05 / Allied) SLipperySLark: !kick slark
(35:05 / All) SLipperySLark: SLipperySLark was kicked by player [SLipperySLark].
(35:05 / QUIT) SLipperySLark: Left

--------------------------------------

To sum it all up, Lebron's team play in this particular game was well behind the level one would expect in an in-house league. His final score of 0-3-1 is proof of that.

However, the moderator's response was definitely out of hand. That kick was an abusive overreaction, in a moment where storm was not at all at fault. Combined with the parts of the conversation Lebron provided, all i can say is this not the kind of behavior ENT expects from its staff.

Regarding OP's in and out of the league history, there was a total of 0 evidence provided to support those claims. Meaning it's just words, and won't be taken into consideration, unless you can find those instances and report them.
These users thanked the author FalenGa for the post:
Essenze (Fri Dec 15, 2017 3:55 pm)

Lebron17x
Aura Tree

Postby Lebron17x » Fri Dec 15, 2017 4:11 pm

falenga you did not address how he sat me out after i won breaking dihl rules. Slark has been breaking dihl rules constantly in order to prevent me from playing. So my question is this, is anything going to be done now? or is this staff member going to keep harassing me? all i want is fairness, meaning if i win i play and not to be banned or kicked without reason. and possibly give me a higher rank so that he can not use commands on me.

FalenGa
Oversight Staff

Postby FalenGa » Fri Dec 15, 2017 4:44 pm

I am not familiar with DIHL's rules, which is why i intentionally skipped that part.

The final decision on that topic will be made public by the Staff Department, once they are available to process it. Please remain patient in the meanwhile.

cashmeoutside-
Armored Tree

Postby cashmeoutside- » Fri Dec 15, 2017 8:00 pm

For the record, I love you shadow and I'm willing to give you as many second chances as you want, but here's some real advice.

You sound like one of the spoiled brats on college campuses who go crying to authorities whenever their feelings get triggered. In the real world, there's nobody you're going to be able to run and cry to. You're going to need to learn to fix your problems on your own. Do you think you can use this predicament as an opportunity to do a little bit of introspection and figure out ways to improve your disposition so people actually ENJOY playing with you? If you can fix the problem on your own, that's a lesson that will probably serve you well for the rest of your life.

Hint: There is a reason people don't like playing with you, and it has more to do with you than them. If you're not sure where to start, ask for feedback and then try to really listen.

P.S. There's no official DIHL rule that winners or sitters get priority. That's something we've done informally to make the league friendlier to new players.

P.P.S. Everyone in this league is really quite reasonable and friendly. If you change your behavior, you'll be welcomed back with open arms.

Lebron17x
Aura Tree

Postby Lebron17x » Fri Dec 15, 2017 10:07 pm

yes but cash understand i have been in this league when it just started. It has always been a rule that winners proceed on, and that does make sense since we WON. But slark is purposely using himself and qqq as captains because he knows they both do not like me and they wont select me, so they even choose the worst players over me. This is also a form of abuse, ive played much longer than you all to get treated like this. I dont even rage nearly as much as slark or anyone, i became so friendly yet he still harasses me. If you wanna talk about the real world, talk about how this grown man is gaining pleasure from making me sit out from games and discluding me. If it was the real world he would dare be so rude and childish towards me, so tell him to straighten up.

KiwiLeKiller
Treant Protector

Postby KiwiLeKiller » Fri Dec 15, 2017 10:40 pm

cashmeoutside- wrote:For the record, I love you shadow and I'm willing to give you as many second chances as you want, but here's some real advice.

You sound like one of the spoiled brats on college campuses who go crying to authorities whenever their feelings get triggered. In the real world, there's nobody you're going to be able to run and cry to. You're going to need to learn to fix your problems on your own.

Yeah, but if a teacher makes you fail his class just because he is mad at you, you can clearly complain to the commissary or to the director and ask for your evaluations to be looked at from another teacher.

As for myself, I've been unvouched from LIHL for 5 days I think because I initiated a votekick against a game ruiner. I've been told that "this is not how it works in an in-house league" and that I should have kept on playing and report that player on the forum after the game. I know DIHL and LIHL don't work the same, but still...
These users thanked the author KiwiLeKiller for the post:
Panopticon (Sat Dec 16, 2017 4:41 am)
"in a moment of extreme passion"
- Beastman (2017)

aRt)Y
Protector of Nature

Postby aRt)Y » Sat Dec 16, 2017 1:25 pm

@slipperyslark While certain bans are always subjective and can be argued both ways, kicking users is almost never a solution or necessity. It was clearly abusive and entirely out of line with ENT's policy.

Therefore, you now receive a final warning. If we receive new reports of abusive behavior, the Staff Dept. reserves the right to relieve you of your DIHL duties and ban you from hosting DIHL games.

Thanks for posting, @Lebron17x .
    Information, Rules, Guides and everything else you need to know about ENT is on the ENT Wiki.
      Ignorantia juris non excusat • Quis custodiet ipsos custodes? • Fallacy of composition

Return to “Processed Cases”