Complaint

Processed complaints will be moved here.

Moderator: Oversight Staff

YouBeJasmin
Basic Tree

Complaint

Postby YouBeJasmin » Sun Dec 31, 2017 3:41 am

So I guess mods can do anything they want to annoy people and get away with it now days as Chew (yes I know it is Chew as it has been looked into) spams every game in a way you cant mute him. He changes accounts with his group and just spams to annoy the heck out of people and when posted on the response is it is ok... ya ok no wonder people are leaving the game. What a good image it gives of mods.
https://entgaming.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=475366#p475366

CheW
Protector of Nature

Re: Complaint

Postby CheW » Sun Dec 31, 2017 7:50 pm

9 lines of chat in a 25 minute game isn't very excessive, but this was a day of celebration and I was pretty tipsy (look at the next game where I barely did anything cuz I was falling asleep). I apologize for celebrating the free market victory. I was under the impression that people would not mind celebrating keeping the government from ruining the internet, but I see where I was wrong and won't celebrate these victories through the !si command anymore. You can look at a majority of my games and spamming actual messages through the !si command isn't in 99% of them.

I will also say, I do check the island defense stats of stackers and smurfs after killing them. I wasn't aware this was against the rules.
MAGA

supersexyy
Donator

Postby supersexyy » Sun Dec 31, 2017 8:08 pm

That is clearly spam and frankly, it is embarrassing that a mod would act like that.

Connorchaos
Forest Walker

Postby Connorchaos » Sun Dec 31, 2017 10:33 pm

My opinion here. If was actually spam the bot would mute him automatically.
Next from what I see it does not hinder the game play, it might be annoying but its not to the point to cause lag ( which is what the spamming rule was created for to begin with).

As far as chew goes. He is there playing a game to have fun, but as a moderator he should hold himself to a higher standard.
When he took up the job as staff it became his job to make a better playing experience and atmosphere for other players. (of course while still having fun).

If players are complaining about his actions outside of normal game play and outside of game moderation he should think about those actions.
If you are just nit picking him just because you dont like him thats on you.

I honestly do not see where this is complaint worthy in the slightest.

matdas
ENT Staff

Postby matdas » Sun Dec 31, 2017 11:18 pm

Not enough to be worthy of a ban, nor is it abuse. Spam is multiple lines of the same thing over a short period of time. every few minutes isn't so much spam.
These users thanked the author matdas for the post:
Burnt (Mon Jan 01, 2018 4:06 am)

Daisy
Aura Tree

Postby Daisy » Mon Jan 01, 2018 2:20 pm

in this game http://storage.entgaming.net/replay/vie ... 136979.w3g
is there one of the sentinels also a mod?

YouBeJasmin
Basic Tree

Postby YouBeJasmin » Mon Jan 01, 2018 8:55 pm

matdas wrote:Not enough to be worthy of a ban, nor is it abuse. Spam is multiple lines of the same thing over a short period of time. every few minutes isn't so much spam.

even when he does it for game after game after game, hmm ok

YouBeJasmin
Basic Tree

Postby YouBeJasmin » Mon Jan 01, 2018 11:41 pm

matdas wrote:Not enough to be worthy of a ban, nor is it abuse. Spam is multiple lines of the same thing over a short period of time. every few minutes isn't so much spam.

Ok so spamming someone every game once a min is not considered spam game after game after game... let alone it being the mods that are supposed to make this game more enjoyable. No wonder hardly anyone plays this any more. Mods like Chew are toxic to the game and make more people quit the game then want to play it since they just spam, and annoy people all game every game.

matdas
ENT Staff

Postby matdas » Tue Jan 02, 2018 1:12 am

you were on the opposing team, if you cant handle someone taunting you like such, use the ignore function. if he was on your team, it would be a different story and judged accordingly. Though I personally wouldn't have banned for it either, since it still isn't enough spam to warrant a ban.

AmnoN
ENT Staff

Postby AmnoN » Tue Jan 02, 2018 2:10 am

I would not necessarily punish the mod for this behaviour, but do feel that an adjustment may be a good idea - frankly, this is really not the time or place for political rhetoric, especially using the bot to communicate it (I could be wrong, but I am fairly certain that you cannot "!ignore" system messages). The comments about "LIKE AMERICA DEFEATS COMMUNIST IDEAS" is also not necessarily bannable but still inappropriate as some users may find it offensive from a cultural perspective.

Keep in mind that my comments are a bit "nitpicky" just because I agree that mods should be held to a higher standard. Everyone has their "bad" days so it is understandable if there were extenuating circumstances (e.g. as moderator mentioned - alcohol may have been involved).

TLDR: Nothing punishable here but some stuff that should likely not be happening regularly.

CheW
Protector of Nature

Postby CheW » Tue Jan 02, 2018 2:52 am

YouBeJasmin wrote:
Ok so spamming someone every game once a min is not considered spam game after game after game... let alone it being the mods that are supposed to make this game more enjoyable. No wonder hardly anyone plays this any more. Mods like Chew are toxic to the game and make more people quit the game then want to play it since they just spam, and annoy people all game every game.

Once a minute? The one game where I admit I was spamming it was every 3 minutes on average. The other 2 games that you and your friend reported I checked my island defense stats 2 times after I died in a 37 minute game and then a 52 minute game were I didn't say anything the entire game.As I said before, I only check the island defense stats of stackers and smurfs. I don't know why you think I am the only player that utilizes the !si command as it is a command that many people use, as I have had my island defense stats checked by people before.
MAGA

YouBeJasmin
Basic Tree

Postby YouBeJasmin » Tue Jan 02, 2018 3:00 am

matdas wrote:you were on the opposing team, if you cant handle someone taunting you like such, use the ignore function. if he was on your team, it would be a different story and judged accordingly. Though I personally wouldn't have banned for it either, since it still isn't enough spam to warrant a ban.

Ignore does nothing in this case, he uses the island defense stats check so it bypasses all ignores so there is nothing that can be done about it. This is why I posted, not cause he is annoying people and you can just ignore it... it is cause he is doing it in a way that can not be ignored and it just goes to show that mods can get away with anything when he does this 20-30 times a game, and multiple people posted and vouched for that on the last post. anyways I am done posting. It is obvious that I am just talking to a wall and nothing will be done.

easytk
Resource Storage

Postby easytk » Wed Jan 03, 2018 8:25 pm

He's straight up abusing stats to make himself unmutable because he knows everyone would otherwise mute him, how is this debatable? He's all caps flaming his 'controversial edgy' political views in attempt to trigger others for his own entertainment, I would straight up leave a game if a mod was doing this in a way which I couldn't mute

Also who the fuck is against net neutrality? What a weird view to have. Maybe from someone who's vehemently free market I could see it, but there's no way someone like that would support trump, and it's obvious internet service in the US is so far from a free market

aRt)Y
Protector of Nature

Postby aRt)Y » Thu Jan 04, 2018 5:50 pm

Whether he sent the command once every 1 or two 2 minutes is trivial for me as is the definition of spamming in this case.
What matters to me is that the user in question is part of Enterprise Gaming's staff and is therefore bound to higher standards. Ideally, reflecting everything a good person and player with sportsmanship should be.

Seeing this was not the case, I apologize on the moderator's behalf @YouBeJasmin as he fails to actually admit the damage to ENT's public image by using a faulty excuse; and to be honest, politics or similar events are not to be discussed in games. It is about having fun. If you arent in the mood of it, dont ruin it for others.

Please take note. @CheW
    Information, Rules, Guides and everything else you need to know about ENT is on the ENT Wiki.
      Ignorantia juris non excusat • Quis custodiet ipsos custodes? • Fallacy of composition

Return to “Processed Cases”