Abusive and careless bans by so called forum mods

Processed complaints will be moved here.

Moderator: Oversight Staff

Burnt
Treant Protector

Abusive and careless bans by so called forum mods

Postby Burnt » Sun Dec 31, 2017 12:08 pm

I was forum banned and my comment was deleted by Matdas (guessed since right after the ban he posted in the thread: viewtopic.php?f=42&t=122331)

Matdas wrote:was said not to take it to another topic. You were all warned in the previous topic.

Please show me when and where I was warned? All I found was Jabba41's warning below but I didn't even post on that thread lmfao. So I was never "warned in the previous topic".

viewtopic.php?f=62&t=121466
Jabba41 wrote:have your lame trash talk somewhere else.
I don't mind banning you all from forum for a few days if you start spamming another topic

So matdas conveniently banned everyone who posted on the Technical support thread just because he thought everyone also posted in the warned thread? Please explain.
GOTEM

matdas
ENT Staff

Re: Abusive and careless bans by so called forum mods

Postby matdas » Mon Jan 01, 2018 1:49 am

Just because you didn't post there doesn't give you the right to spam another thread. You are also a forum stalker of everything dota. Which means that you did read it, as you so quoted. To be honest, I am quite tired of all the useless spam, flame, and needless drama from you and your dota forum stalkers. Everyone in that thread in tech support was banned. Since they were all involved in the other topic. Your needless posting in the tech support thread was enough to warrant a ban anyways. You follow bilya and divinerape like a child getting candy....
These users thanked the author matdas for the post:
Panopticon (Mon Jan 01, 2018 3:17 am)

Sylvanas
Treant Protector

Postby Sylvanas » Mon Jan 01, 2018 2:52 am

That thread had no reason to exist, its alleged purpose could have easily been achieved via PM. However, it was made into a thread/public plea for attention in order to attract drama. When you think about it, replying with more drama was relevant to the discussion.

Burnt
Treant Protector

Postby Burnt » Mon Jan 01, 2018 4:04 am

Well when I was forum banned I read your comment and didn't understand what you meant by "you were all warned in prev thread" so I searched for it and saw Jabba's warning to someone else. So no, I was never "warned" but you said I was banned because I was warned in the prev thread. In other words, the ban wasn't warranted.

That aside, not restricted to this case, why is a mod allowed to delete meaningful comments at will? Why are members here not free to talk just because they are afraid of deletion of postings or forum bans? I remembered there was a posting under ball relo thread that said "last word gg", which was meant to offer a counter to the skills that op asked, getting deleted lmao.

Also this from yourself

matdas wrote:Not enough to be worthy of a ban, nor is it abuse. Spam is multiple lines of the same thing over a short period of time. every few minutes isn't so much spam.
Last edited by HazarDous on Mon Jan 01, 2018 7:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: merged posts.
GOTEM

matdas
ENT Staff

Postby matdas » Mon Jan 01, 2018 11:59 pm

Don't spam topics that you don't have anything constructive to add to and you are fine to type whatever you wish. Follow forum rules.

Burnt wrote:
Also this from yourself

matdas wrote:Not enough to be worthy of a ban, nor is it abuse. Spam is multiple lines of the same thing over a short period of time. every few minutes isn't so much spam.

Don't quote things out of context. Makes your argument look even more weak. This is for something completely unrelated to forums. It is in regards to spamming in-game. Spam on the forums is different. Good try though.

Panopticon
Treant Protector

Postby Panopticon » Tue Jan 02, 2018 12:33 am

The last word comment is still there.

While you may not have "specifically warned" just because you didn't post in that specific thread, it doesn't give you a free pass on spamming other parts of the forums in reference of - or otherwise continuing that certain witch-hunting/harassment/smearing thread (which was deleted multiple times). @Matdas and @Jabba41 tried to clean up the forums of that drama, but it gets difficult when members such as you and team fruitcup were constantly posting meaningless posts referring to that drama.
These users thanked the author Panopticon for the post:
matdas (Tue Jan 02, 2018 12:53 am)
PSA: Bigtits = Iambackk

tinker_666 = ta-ta

HazarDous
Staff Department

Postby HazarDous » Tue Jan 02, 2018 5:23 am

You're pretty much complaining at matdas for doing his job..

http://wiki.entgaming.net/index.php?tit ... ForumRules
  • Do not threat or mock community members and do not ddos or dox them.
  • Do not spam on the forum or you will receive a warning and/or ban.

While you may argue all day about the definition of "spam", we ask our forum staff to keep topics clean from any off-topic posts (spam) that may interfere with the process of said topic(s). In short, your post had no reason to be there, hence its deletion. You did break not one, but two forum rules, which means you are subject to disciplinary actions such as verbal warning, forum warning or, like in this case, forum ban.

Now let me make this clear; the way our forum staff decide to enforce ENT's forum rules is between them and the Staff Dept. While it is normally our policy/guideline to warn users before forum-banning them, it doesn't mean that it is mandatory, nor that a lack thereof constitutes abuse. In the contrary, it is to help our staff that we establish policies and guidelines, but if they have been promoted to such a position, it is because we trust their judgement and their ability to enforce the rules appropriately on a case-by-case basis. Unless the punishment is utterly exaggerated or you believe there is a pattern of over-the-board/bias judgements, then it is ludicrous to pretend that a complaint is warranted, or that one instance of a forum ban without prior warning would constitute abuse.

In the future, you may simply want to approach @matdas on discord to explain to him that you had not noticed the prior warning by Jabba, that you will not make off-topic posts in the future, and ask for an unban instead of posting a complaint against him for doing his job.

Complaint denied.

Return to “Processed Cases”