I'd like to get an independent opinion on these topics, please.

Processed complaints will be moved here.

Moderator: Oversight Staff

bratmi
Armored Tree

I'd like to get an independent opinion on these topics, please.

Postby bratmi » Sat Feb 10, 2018 2:12 pm

Hello,

I was told that a complaint would be my next step if am not happy with how my ban request/appeal is handled. There are also a few other topics I'd like to get an independent opinion on, please. I think I am fighting a losing battle here, but it will be still interesting to me to hear other opinions on this.

1. A ban issued against me, processed by Av1on:
Ban request:
viewtopic.php?f=24&t=123006
Ban appeal:
viewtopic.php?f=25&t=124063
Basically, I openly blamed red for our lvl 7 issues, the others got angry with me complaining and stopped caring about the game. I don't think I flamed exessively. At lvl 10, two teammates forced full send when we had agreed on small send. It turned out to be awful decision. At that point, we had very low chances, but I was still trying to win. The same teammates tried to ff, failed, so they started mocking me and forced send on 12 not in an attempt to gain anything, but to make us lose faster. At that point I also stopped caring much after seeing the game is lost. We were already super far behind before the suicide 12 send, and after it the enemy team wins 100% on 14, 15, 16, 17, every round they want. It wasnt the kind of game where we can send 12 and hope to race 17. So I send 1 or 2 dinos in frustration, there was a call to "send again". So we all kept sending dinos. After lvl 14 they start to call me to stop sending dinos. At that point it was impossible to "save send to win" on 17. So I don't think I have broken the rule which says "refuse to save-send to win". But even if it was a rule break, it would have 0 impact, which is super minor compared to the game ruin of those 2 guys who openly admitted to just want to lose the game fast.
I think the ban appeal was also handled very clumsily. I explained what rule I think I am blamed to have broken, and explained why I dont think to have ruined the game. The answer I received from Av1on was to link the rule I was banned for, showing that he didn't read my post at all. After that he said that I was solo-sending dinos post 10 and that the full send on 10 was a misconception, which shows that he didn't pay much atention to the game replay. After I explained my concerns, I was told to wait, but never received a response until my ban expired.

I am aware that Av1on recently processed a large number of ban requests and it is normal that there may be some inacuracies. But I checked 3 requests and in my opinion none of them was handled properly. It scares me to think what else I might find if I look. In my opinion, he should also be a bit less arrogant.

Thanks in advance to anyone who responds, going afk for a bit.
Last edited by aRt)Y on Sun Feb 11, 2018 10:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: edited

aRt)Y
Protector of Nature

Re: I'd like to get an independent opinion on these topics, please.

Postby aRt)Y » Sun Feb 11, 2018 10:21 am

I forwarded 2 & 3 to the Oversight staff given you are not directly involved with these cases.

Regarding your appeal, another moderator reviewed it. Any input on his take (viewtopic.php?f=25&t=124063#p482300)?
These users thanked the author aRt)Y for the post:
bratmi (Sun Feb 11, 2018 11:28 am)
    Information, Rules, Guides and everything else you need to know about ENT is on the ENT Wiki.
      Ignorantia juris non excusat • Quis custodiet ipsos custodes? • Fallacy of composition

Jabba41
Protector of Nature

Re: I'd like to get an independent opinion on these topics, please.

Postby Jabba41 » Fri Feb 16, 2018 1:32 pm

@bratmi
Its pretty obvious that your team didnt wanted to send dinos EVERY level, yet you continued. Which makes it blatant solo sending and there is no apology for it. So the ban is right.
Your mates just trolled your with !ff as you said the game is over. They actually didnt changed their play style in any way and continued playing.

The answer I received from Av1on was to link the rule I was banned for, showing that he didn't read my post at all. After that he said that I was solo-sending dinos post 10 and that the full send on 10 was a misconception, which shows that he didn't pay much atention to the game replay. After I explained my concerns, I was told to wait, but never received a response until my ban expired.

-> Its normal procedure to link the rules, even though i slightly agree that its frustrating if he isnt responding on what you say/explain.
And regarding the delayed/no response: This happens sometimes unfortunatly as we dont have that much time sometimes. Best thing to avoid this is to not break rules in the first place :P

Your complaint is thereby denied. I will PM you regarding 2 & 3.
Send me your best Sloth pictures for instant unban*

*individual results may vary

Return to “Processed Cases”