Kappa New mod Biased

Processed complaints will be moved here.

Moderator: Oversight Staff

Kappa
Protector of Nature

Re: Kappa New mod Biased

Postby Kappa » Sat Mar 31, 2018 5:33 am

I will try to address some concerns now.

Appeal: Yes, I immediately denied OP's appeal. The reason for this was the flame language used in the appeal. In my opinion, there were violations in this game and OP showed no remorse. If OP had respectfully asked for a second mod to review I would have gladly asked someone to. Additionally, as Civ pointed out above, I had no reason to believe stasheen would stop breaking rules due to his history. Generally, a moderator will ask the OP of an appeal to change their behavior if they start off by flaming before the mod denies it. I did not think this was necessary here as stasheen has been warned multiple times. The "bias" I have isn't personal, it has to do with the player's history of violation and lack of respect to other players and mods alike.

Ban request: Nothing to add really. I stand by my original comments.

BeerLord
Protector of Nature

Postby BeerLord » Sat Mar 31, 2018 5:51 am

Reviewed the game.

This legion was banned appropriately. For the first 40 minutes of the game he basically ignored his team, farming woods almost exclusivly. He engaged in 3 team fights during that time, returning to woods after. Did not communicate with the team, did not listen when asked to push. Would avoid helping team-mates when they were getting ganked. Pushed mid solo to no effect while sentinel was pushing top and killing the tier two tower. And on and on...

There was no bias in the handling of this case. I believe chineseeagle gave a detailed review that clearly detailed the rule breaking that occurred.

Moderators are encouraged to handle their own appeals. Perhaps more time could have been taken to allow a discussion to evolve, but that is up to the discretion of the moderator.

This complaint has no merit and should be dismissed.

HazarDous
Staff Department

Postby HazarDous » Sun Apr 01, 2018 4:04 am

I could care less if the ban itself is somewhat of a gray area. As Civiliznations stated previously, 'refusal to cooperate' rule has a certain degree of subjectivity. After all, that's what we have appeals for.

However, @Kappa1 , I am less pleased when I see moderators closing appeals in which they are being called out for abuse, bias, etc. I won't elaborate on that one as you seem to understand your mistake. In the future, stick to giving your PoV on the appeal and let other mods handle it. As mentioned in your welcome message, you are still new and we do not mind if you do mistakes.. so long as you learn from them.

Ban stands, complaint archived.

Return to “Processed Cases”