My Ban History - Banned Mistakenly

Processed complaints will be moved here.

Moderator: Oversight Staff

RiziY
Armored Tree

My Ban History - Banned Mistakenly

Postby RiziY » Wed Jul 25, 2018 6:49 am

It seems that as a result of my "history of votekick abuse", i was banned by Av1on. I'm not too worried about the 4 hour ban. The issue is that I do not have a history of votekick abuse. I was mistakenly banned by Av1on a while back. I took this ban to the complaints section and it was found that my use of the votekick function was not only fair but Jabba stated "Thats exactly how we want players to act". This is the second time that Av1on has banned me by what seems to be a mistake. I understand that mistakes do happen though. I'm honestly just glad that we have people to moderate and administrate ENT. Could the votekick abuse please be removed from my record aswell as the 4 hour ban?

The previous complaint of Av1on:

viewtopic.php?f=31&t=116831&p=457105&hilit=riziy#p457105

4 Hour ban of me.

viewtopic.php?f=24&t=131538

On the bright side, you banning me definitely made Mistaken very happy. On the downside, it probably solidified his beliefs that it is okay to run around playing horribly and forcing terrible calls just because him and his friend make the majority, in turn resulting in a loss.

pr0totype
Treant

Re: My Ban History - Banned Mistakenly

Postby pr0totype » Wed Jul 25, 2018 2:19 pm

From what I can recall, there isn't a way to remove any offenses from the moderation tools- it could lead to further abuses, I'd imagine.

As far as a complaint goes, I feel a ban appeal would have been a more expeditious format for this. It is likely that you are now unbanned.

As far as the votekick is concerned, I suppose I'm trying to understand why you issued one, at the end of the game, in the first place.

In any case, I'm sorry that it seems as though ENT is against you in the case- it really isn't that way. The easiest thing to do, going forward, would be to dodge Mistaken if at all possible, that way it won't be as hard to reconcile.

Stiff_Maistar
Treant Protector

Postby Stiff_Maistar » Wed Jul 25, 2018 2:43 pm

If im not mistaken, we were able to make a 0 sec ban on players and have the note say "Disregard previous banrecord on votekickabuse".
What did snow white say when the dwarves saw her naked?
7-UP
https://www.facebook.com/TehLurdOfTehReingsOfficial/videos/710971672378120/

Mistaken
Aura Tree

Postby Mistaken » Wed Jul 25, 2018 2:48 pm

RiziY wrote:On the bright side, you banning me definitely made Mistaken very happy. On the downside, it probably solidified his beliefs that it is okay to run around playing horribly and forcing terrible calls just because him and his friend make the majority, in turn resulting in a loss.

Maybe you did read the admin comments on your ban request for me? I've posted them below so you better understand ENT rules:

AmmoN wrote:Denied. Only the OP was insisting that yellow push and unless it is an obvious team kill attempt, no ban will be issued. Solo upping is bannable and if the team agrees with a call, it does not matter how you feel about it - you need to go along with them.

So yes, when the majority vote to NOT up king or send on 15, you have to go along with team, per ENT rules.

RiziY
Armored Tree

Postby RiziY » Wed Jul 25, 2018 4:35 pm

The game was over, their king had died. The functionality of the votekick was completely irrelevant. He had ignored me from the beginning after he had quoted an admin's argument from the forum regarding a ban request. It was a simple joke. I made sure that use of the votekick function couldn't be abusive by telling my team via voicechat not to vote !yes. In addition, most of the people in the game left before they could read it anyway. It just frustrates me that he stacks every single game he plays to get his ELO but has no clue has to play then convinces his team that he knows better or plays with his friends and tries to force the team to follow as they are majority.

Its funny how terrible Mistaken's calls were, though.

People thank him for their wins because of how bad his play is.

(36:12 / All) hashcakes: ty yellow
(36:14 / All) hashcakes: for free win
(36:16 / All) hashcakes: !scores
(36:16 / All) Riziy: I went full goliath....
(36:17 / Allied) Mistaken: lol

I'm not sure how he was not banned for being 2/0 at level 10. He EVIDENTLY knows better based on my analysis of his past replays but just wanted his lane to remain relevant for his own fun or maybe even to upset me. Kind of ridiculous that there is no justice for that. In a 1200+ game he would have been votekicked by round 5. It was just unfortunate that his friend and him made up the majority and abused their numbers and there is no justice for this.

http://storage.entgaming.net/replay/vie ... 102716.w3g

pr0totype
Treant

Postby pr0totype » Wed Jul 25, 2018 7:26 pm

Based on you stating it was a joke, then it can certainly be banned for, regardless of timing and it isn't a mistake. That is one of definitions of abusing the votekick function.

RiziY
Armored Tree

Postby RiziY » Thu Jul 26, 2018 10:43 pm

You could simplify every ban request like that and just ban everyone.

I think its important to remember that the game was over. The opposing team's king was dead, people were leaving.
Last edited by HazarDous on Fri Jul 27, 2018 6:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: merge

Yarragon
Treant

Postby Yarragon » Thu Jul 26, 2018 11:04 pm

It's kind of ridiculous you can be banned for playing poorly simply because less skilled players joined the lobby as a group, and make bad calls. If the score screen had already popped up and a victory / loss was declared than there's very little reason for a ban. If it hadn't but the game was in process of ending, then you could make an argument.

I could go through and pull upwards of 10-12 requests denied because the game was by definition over, it particularly happens in Island Defense because the game has a continue option after a leaver or two.

As much as I dislike Av1on (Merex) I don't question his understanding of the rules or his ability to enforce them. If he felt that what happened warrants a few hours then it probably did. And 4 hours for a vote-kick at the end of a game that was already over is more than fair. Warning bans are given out by moderators all the time, as well as given on the forums (though usually for other reasons.)

What I would question is his ability to remain unbiased and his statements of another players, "history." He seems to believe that just because he's a moderator that he's above being questioned or criticized. He claimed I have a history of teamkilling in a prior thread, which quite frankly isn't true. Do I tend to troll and mess with people? Sure, but I am never malicious in my intent and I don't ever teamkill outside of messing with a friend like Ben or Kappa in game.
"Sura is a God dude, like for real."
-Burn/Timmy/Avion

HazarDous
Staff Department

Postby HazarDous » Fri Jul 27, 2018 6:39 am

As suggested by Stiff, your record should have been 'fixed' after the prior complaint.

Although I may not have banned for this kind end-of-game trolling, Merex's ban was within his discretionary power given you had prior (unfixed) history.

'Request' approved, ban history cleared from votekick abuse instances.

Return to “Processed Cases”