Agreements

Processed complaints will be moved here.

Moderator: Oversight Staff

TimmyTheTauren
Donator

Agreements

Postby TimmyTheTauren » Wed Dec 11, 2013 9:02 pm

I was warned for my post(s) in this topic: viewtopic.php?f=18&p=96381#p96381

This is a warning regarding the following post made by you: viewtopic.php?f=18&p=96381#p96381
Don't even go there again, or you will find yourself banned.

First, I'm an unaware of where I've "gone"... I was giving the OP what he asked for - that being opinions on computer hardware. Apparently if you differ from Agreements' opinion you can find yourself banned?

Agreements comes by first, offering his opinion of an ideal build for the OP:[spoiler=]
Agreements wrote:I would properbly go for something like:

PSU : Corsair AX 760 PSU (depending on how many features you want) (Silver Power SP-S650 650W PSU cheap one)
Mainboard: ASUS SABERTOOTH Z87 (ASUS Z87-DELUXE depends on what you prefer) - cheapest choice and least recommended (ASUS Z87M-PLUS)
CPU: ideally, Intel Core i5-4670K alternative (Intel Core i5-4570 - which is the cheapest)
Cooling - liquid
Memory speaks for itself, with the mainboards you can get up to 32gb. I recommend at least 16gb ofc. But if you can spare the money, i think you should go all in on this.

Graphics Cards: This is a hard one, depends on your budget entirely.
Either get GTX 660 (asus) ti or GeForce GTX 760 If you are low budget and just wants "something" then ZOTAC GeForce GTX 650 is a good card (cheap) (ofc i recommend SLI) But any graphich cards above this is overkill for the time being.

SSD drive only if you want to run wow, perfectly, else i would go for a hybrid. (again depends on budget)

But try giving us your specs maybe we can find something "less expensive"
Need your Mainboard "name and model".
[/spoiler]

I then post with differing opinions: (I take Agreements build and explain it a little more breaking down each option for a newcomer to computer building - that being the OP)[spoiler=]
TimmyTheTauren wrote:The hell? Why are you recommending 32gb of ram? Games don't even use close to 8. Unless he wants to do some serious video editing, 32gb is insanely overkill.

If you are not overclocking, and you seem to be very new to this, skeptical whether or not you can even build the computer, I don't see you overclocking... No need to dish out ~110$ for a robust liquid cooling solution.

Again, he doesn't seem to need a feature packed motherboard with thermals for overclocking, etc, so probably doesn't need to get a high end motherboard like Asus' Sabertooth series.

Corsair makes great products, and 750w is a good spot to be, definitely enough juice to power all your components and a good amount to spare for possible future upgrades.

Definitely get a computer with an SSD, the difference is definitely noticeable and it is worth the extra money. If you need extra data I would recommend getting a hard drive to store movies, photos, music, etc on. Western Digital makes great drives.

Optical Drives are being somewhat phased out, so if you're not a big user of your computer for multimedia or don't use CDs or DVDs a lot, you probably don't even need to get one, but again, that's completely your call depending on your uses.

Lastly, at least for now, if you're a gamer, a GPU is one of the most important things for your build. Get a powerful one that will be able to handle your games and enough to play future ones. I recommend Nvidia like the others, but AMD is not bad as the others have said, you don't need to "stay away at all costs".
[/spoiler]

Agreements returns and states that I know nothing:
[spoiler=]
Agreements wrote:Clearly you do not know a thing about AMD if you state that timmy.
AMD is not for gamers. And it has never been. AMD is good for video-editing and normal programs, but it's never been any good for computer games.
FX-6300 as CPU would be the best alternative to the i5.

Thermal cooling is the best option whenever you want to overclock or not. It's just fact. And considering the price is 20-50$ difference, it should not be taken out of consideration.

Furthermore Hybrid disks are more useful for gamers unless you want to spend 10x that amount on the SSD. SSD should be for windows only, rest should be hybrid.

You can easily go for 450w PSU instead, doesn't matter if it's 750w or 450w. Only if you want to avoid upgrading later on.
Ram is as i stated earlier. Not required to get 32gb, but to AVOID upgrading in the future, it's worth the money. Most games REQUIRE 4-8 GB of ram. But then again, there are some games that RECOMMEND 16GB.

Timmy, i either see your comments as an attempt to troll or because you just have no idea what you are talking about. Since none of what you said is really solid in regard to a gaming pc.

And for the record My battlefield 4 on ultra settings does require 10gb of ram. So the overkill is not that big as you might want him to believe.

IF you want a cooling system that is effective enough anything below Corsair Hydro H80 is not really worth it in a modern gaming pc, with the features you want.
Alternative is Scythe Mugen 3 Revision. Which is also expensive, but performs outstandingly well.

i30 artic could also do the job. However limited cooling compared to the rest of them.
[/spoiler]Absolutely everything I was talking about was in regard to a gaming PC, might want to look into some spectacles? I'm not sure how I was attempting to troll either?

I DO THE EXACT SAME THING.... and I get warned. This being the post I was invalidly warned for:
[spoiler=]
TimmyTheTauren wrote:I fail to see how you drew the conclusion that I know nothing. Your impudence makes you look pitiful.

I merely pointed out that although it could provide a better experience, it isn't necessary to dish out lots of money for items that you don't necessarily need.

I never went into any specifics about AMD, I merely said there is no need to have to "stay away from AMD at all costs". I know a lot of people who have AMD GPUs and play modern games just peachy, hell, I even have two 7770s, as that is all I need. I recommend Nvidea myself, but again, I am merely saying that AMD does not need to be "avoided at all costs".

I also recommend Intel processors over AMD processors, but that doesn't mean you HAVE to buy intel. If you can swing it, by all means go for intel, if you are on more of a budget built, an AMD processor is the way to go - saving more cash to go towards your GPU.

Again, you keep thinking that when I disagree with you, that I mean the opposite, please either work on your reading comprehension or figure out how to facilitate opinions that differ from your own. I DO agree that thermal cooling is the best option. HOWEVER, it is not essential to your build. You do not have to spend the extra ~80-120$ that a common corsair closed loop solution will cost you. But rather pick up a cheap 20-30$ air cooling option or even the stock fan, that will do the job just fine for most entry, non-enthusiast, users.

To piggy-back on my previous statement I am not saying don't get a lot of ram, it is bad, which seems to be the way Agreements took it. I am saying that there are no games that use even close to 32 or even 16 gb of ram, so again, spending the extra cash is unnecessary at this point if you are on a budget build, especially when it is so easy to just add a dimm in the future. You can get by just fine with 8gb, or get 16gb or even 32gb if it suits the individual.

You continue to be combative with everything I say, regardless if it makes sense or is even in the same context as how I said it. Sure, a 450w PSU will suffice, I never said it wouldn't. I stated 750w is a good spot to be. That is all.

Oh how astonishing, you use 10gb of ram in a game? You still have triple that, yes, I consider 22gb in ram to be a large amount. Feel free to have your own opinions, you are surely entitled to them.

@WhiteSmith - Feel free to do whatever you want with your rig that enabled it to suit your personal needs. Use what we have said to help you in your decision, not control it. I apologize for using your topic in a way that was most likely undesired, but I hope we were of some assistance, despite the bickering.

If you have any further questions I'm sure the all knowing Agreements can help you out or I could try to muster up an obvious troll answer from my inconceivable lack of knowledge on the subject.
[/spoiler]

My outtake on this:
Agreements is unfavorable of my response in regards to computer parts, so he warns me. Disagree with Agreements and you can get banned.

Why I am posting this:
Agreements has done this ever since I have been here, probably before that. He thinks he is better than everyone and will not accept or consider anything that is not his own opinion. I do not think he is fit for a position where he makes decisions regarding community matters because of this. He has been reported in the past for abuses, etc. (this certainly isn't his first complaint) And finally, most importantly, I am posting this because I was warned for nothing.

Thanks
Spoiler!

eldryan
Plague Treant

Re: Agreements

Postby eldryan » Wed Dec 11, 2013 10:40 pm

I actually thought you had a great post initially and contributed well to the thread. I feel, however, this is a very unnecessary discussion. The warning might be misplaced (I can't tell because you didn't say what exactly you would be doing "again") but it's not like another AMD vs NVIDIA discussion is really clarifying to a player new to computing parts, as it will probably just confuse him more. Easier to keep it simple.

I do agree that 30gb of RAM is probably too much for Dota though.

NutzSucksHard
Plague Treant

Postby NutzSucksHard » Thu Dec 12, 2013 5:16 am

Well, a warning is a warning. Not the end of the world. Also, 12 hours isn't enough... You should give minus 24 hours. If you say 12 hours and he start his day at work for a 12 hours... he won't be able to post. So 24 hour for me is minus to give at any place on the forum (waiting for requester etc)...

More on the topics, I feel Timmy didn't said too much out of the topic down there. If he got a warn, I don't know why, I know his past doesn't help him, but when someone is trying to help an other one, don't warn him.

Still, timmy, I know it's not easy, ignore him next time. You know what, both of you ignore it. If one is telling bullshit, just explain it!! I even don't know some stuff and I said to you both 'if I say shit tell me and him why?!?!?'... So please, be open to opinion, don't jump on conclusion, shake hand and finish this up.

Does that complaint should demote agreement - no.

Does it worth it to explain your situation. Yes, like I did with yondaime.

Complaint is here to show your dissapointement over the forum, mod, bot etc.... My last word for this :

24hours, this should include a timmy answer with a non-insulting post, constructive with proof of anything about abuse of power or whatever you want. After everything is being debated, shake hands.

I know timmy you're probably not in good term with agreement, vice versa, but a warn is just a little warn :)... Not like someone deleting your post brah! :P

Good Luck with this. I understand both opinion. Timmy got a bad pass so he's most likely on the checklist of troll. (Timmy) He got warned for not a good reason (I agree with it). So, where this end up? You'll throw each other all complaint both of you got? Who abused more when he was admin or actually is??? Don't bring that to a flame wars. Stay on main subject and what happend right there. That's it. People make mistake, I know sometime we take it very bad bad bad... But try to leave the pass where it is and talk about what just happend there.. No? Maybe I'm dumb... Who knows, I'm just Nutz.

~

Yondaime
Protector of Nature

Postby Yondaime » Thu Dec 12, 2013 5:35 am

That was just beautiful man just beautiful.

On topic however Timmy the extent of your trolling has gone so far that in reality its hard to tell if you are being serious or not anymore. Not kidding. It is like the boy who called wolf, your the boy and you called wolf way to many times and now you got bitten in the ass for it.

To go along with that your recent behavior in an important section which I warned you in the staff applications was not acceptable either so we have a very low tolerance for you.

Anyways both people need to walk away take a piss. If you feel you cannot post where he does Timmy being absolutely serious and on topic, then do not post. If you feel you can then do it! Im just saying that in general and not for this specific situation.

Iznogood
Treant Protector

Postby Iznogood » Thu Dec 12, 2013 6:10 am

@TimmyTheTauren
Obviously your trolling made people taking you less serious - The hardest part about trolling is to know when to stop.

In your 2nd post your comments were very condescending and you had another warning.

Yondaime
Protector of Nature

Postby Yondaime » Thu Dec 12, 2013 6:43 pm

Other than obvious dislikes to both Timmy and Agreements should heed my advice that I have given.

@TimmyTheTauren Troll less and you'll be taken more seriously in the future.

Processed.

Return to “Processed Cases”