@Gaara

Processed complaints will be moved here.

Moderator: Oversight Staff

Brando
Forest Walker

@Gaara

Postby Brando » Mon Jul 27, 2015 3:08 am

https://entgaming.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=63793

Now this is pretty ridiculous. Besides the fact that i've been playing on ent for over 2 years now and have had about only 1-2 incidents that have required a ban, combined with the hundreds to thousands of games i've played and spent on these servers, this has to be one of the dumbest things ive ever seen. In this situation about one-two weeks ago i had been banned for "throwing" on a smurf and i've aleady explained before in the other post how it was hardly a throw. Well this resulted in a two week ban. After that game i had played that night i had shut off my pc which included my router and modem. If anyone has the knowledge of what a Dynamic IP does, well it went into effect here. Everytime you shut off your router/modem and re-connect you MAY get accessed with a new IP address within a range of addresses determined by the DHCP settings. The next day i just normally logged onto my main account Brando and played that afternoon in the DIHL (Dota In-House League). That was the last pub game i played that week because of DIHL first starting up onto ENT and it was and has been the only thing i've been playing. Just a few days ago it said i was banned for IP dodging. I had posted an appeal and after 2 days of waiting i got a response by @Gaara this mod saying "I knew". Now when i have already stated that ive been playing on these servers for years combined with little to no ban history and thousands of games, why would i EVER dodge a 2 week ban??? My personal friend @Nabo. has already had a talk with me about these dodge bans and how they dont work in the past and i would be dumb to even try it. If i had the knowledge that i was banned i would have just immediatly appealed and had a mod look at it. I find much fun in these DIHL games and it is the only server i play on.

I AM WILLING TO SERVE THE WEEK BAN, but this 1 year ban for IP dodging when i had 0 knowledge of it is absolutely stupid. In no way am i judging Gaara as a mod or the way he handles his business, but i really thought this deserved another look at and i know that he would just say the same thing about it if i had just posted another appeal. The fact that i was just brushed off completely shocked me because of my past history and how im a well mannered respectable player on these bots and many of your staff can vouch for that.

Stealer
Protector of Nature

Re: @Gaara

Postby Stealer » Mon Jul 27, 2015 3:16 am

@Brando

why would i EVER dodge a 2 week ban???

People have dodged the 1h autobans... Idk why you would dodge but its very clearly been done before for dumb reasons.

I might be inclined to believe your story if you had not been using the banned ip an ~hour prior to your ip changing... As well as you had the ip since May (not very dynamic).

What exactly do you want somebody else to look at and see?
You very clearly were banned, you very clearly knew you were banned, your ip very clearly changed 2h after knowing you were banned. What part of what I just said do you feel isn't true?

Brando
Forest Walker

Postby Brando » Mon Jul 27, 2015 8:54 am

@agreements

Not sure if you are joking or not, but if you read what you just posted. First game August 2013, 1 year and 11 months. I am sorry couldnt get that exact statistic right. And hundreds to thousands of games, meaning ive played hundreds, possibly thousands of games on this server.

With all due respect, I actually dont understand what you posted at all agreements, but i never contradicted myself in the text.

The IP dodge was a complete accident and you can have all your proof and all your stats saying i KNEW but i never did and in my mind i know i didn't. Its pretty shocking how a guy cant just come play on a server a couple hours a day , maybe a few times a week and have to deal with this when it all comes down to it, this doesn't mean a damn thing. People come to play dota for fun and thats it. The pub game when i got banned was the last time i even pubbed which was 2 weeks ago. Think about it. I dont even play pubs , i play on a vouch-only server DIHL with good friends trying to have a good time putting everything else in my life away a few hours a day. Im not a harm or anything to your server ENT in any way, shape, or form. You can disagree or you can agree. You can grant a guy a few fun hours a day, but you think twice about it. I understand your rules and how people should be punished, but in reality aren't we all just here to play a video game?

Well, i know i have become a nuisance on these forms and i apologize for that. It all comes down to if you trust me or not i guess, and if you knew me as a person and player you would know the answer to this. I won't comment on this again and you can decide your punishment for me. I'll take what you give me. Thank you for your time and sorry for the inconvenience.

Miyagi
Forest Walker

Postby Miyagi » Mon Jul 27, 2015 10:36 am

It seems pretty stupid to "dodge" a ban by playing under the exact same username you was banned on.

Seems like an honest mistake.

Hatedmaru

Postby Hatedmaru » Mon Jul 27, 2015 12:20 pm

I keep my decision: You knew you were banned when you tried to login and play - instead of appealing, you changed name (more reasons to know you were banned since you tried to login as brando and noticed the ban) and kept on playing. I dont see a reason to reconsider, so for me you will serve the month ban as mentioned.

Return to “Processed Cases”