Moderators for Island Defense

Processed complaints will be moved here.

Moderator: Oversight Staff

Nenja
Resource Storage

Moderators for Island Defense

Postby Nenja » Tue Aug 04, 2015 10:35 pm

I've put up two bans on two veteran players in Island Defense recently, both were unbanned by other moderators because they were friends...I've seen Lynx- ruin more games than I've chose to report. I just happened to finally choose to do so this time. This isn't right. For instance, let's say a guy committed murder, he goes to court and knows people on the inside (moderators) and the judge changes his verdict to not guilty and he gets away with it. This is the EXACT same case we're dealing with. Sure, it is of a less degree, but it still shouldn't go unpunished. Both players, Sat and Lynx- were unbanned by respective "friends," who're also moderators known as Avalon and Burnshady. This isn't cool nor right. What is the point of having a moderator and rules if they aren't enforced properly. These guys shouldn't get off so easily just because they're veterans and "know the right people." That's not cool. ID is dying, yet you promote the community, rules, and atmosphere in a negative way. I'm very displeased with leadership. I believe a board needs to be drawn up and dismiss current mods and elect new ones or at least reban these players and I'll be satisfied. Its only 2 days if its first offense. These guys are getting away with anything is pretty much what you're telling me. They could, I'm not saying that they do, but they could maphack and reap 0 repercussions. This isn't cool. In addition, the current leadership/moderators for the ID community need to be reviewed over a board meeting and seriously need to be disciplined for actions and/or dismissed from moderator privledges. If that can't be the case, since you may argue that there isn't any1 competent enough or familiarazation with the game. Well then keep them, but keep tabs on them. This is a serious matter and inquiry. I want no Island Defense Moderators reviewing this if plausible. Example: Haunt, Ava1on, Burnshady, etc.

Very Respectfully,

Nenja.

nabo.
Donator

Re: Moderators for Island Defense

Postby nabo. » Tue Aug 04, 2015 11:31 pm

Provide links to the cases you are referring to.
Clan High@useast

• Check the wiki for ENT rules and general information.
  • Talk to mods on ENT chat.
  • Host games through our bots, Manage your stats, Secure your account(s), and check your ban status on ENT LINK.

Stealer
Protector of Nature

Postby Stealer » Wed Aug 05, 2015 12:52 am

And the unbans?

Both of the users have good historys (sat doesn't have a ban since ~2013) I really don't see what isn't policy about giving good users a break for a minor (not murder) infraction.

Nenja
Resource Storage

Postby Nenja » Wed Aug 05, 2015 2:49 am

False, Sat was ban recently back in May by Ava1on; I just read it the other day. In addition, Lynx- was just banned the day prior for almost the same thing. They shouldn't be forgiven, it isn't a small infraction. Leaving as a titan, means no game at all. Zero ziltch none. Its just under maphacking or team killing in my book

Haunt
Oversight Staff

Postby Haunt » Wed Aug 05, 2015 4:47 am

First of, I don't understand why you are complaining about Av1oN. Lynx was unbanned by Burn, Sat was unbanned by Camb.

As for the ban history, neither of them have bans this year on their record, which is clean enough to give second chance.

I don't know what your problem with me is (never heard anyone call me biased yet) but I do not like your attitude. You whine in games, you make bullshit accusations (if you've seen someone, e.g. Lynx break rules, report them instead of say "I see him break rules 24/7) and you whine about bans which do not concern you. Lynx and Sat were banned, they appealed and they were unbanned with good reasons. You might think titan leaving is major offense, but we (ALL ENT Mods/admins) think it's very minor offense.

Since everything was done by the book, and no abuse whatsoever can be found, I'm processing this.

Return to “Processed Cases”