Banlist merging with DotACash

Processed complaints will be moved here.

Moderator: Oversight Staff

EdgeOfChaos

Banlist merging with DotACash

Postby EdgeOfChaos » Wed Mar 27, 2013 12:48 pm

On ENT, maphackers get 3 months to 1 year after appealing their ban. But on DotACash, maphackers get permanent bans. So, depending on where one is caught maphacking, they either get a permanent ban from ENT servers or a 1 year ban from ENT servers.

I suggest that if a Cash maphacker makes an appeal here, they get their ban reduced to 1 year on ENT, because that is the maximum sentence given to maphackers on ENT. Is it possible to edit a ban only for ENT servers when the 2 banlists are merged?

Palsgraf
Poison Treant

Re: Banlist merging with DotACash

Postby Palsgraf » Wed Mar 27, 2013 2:02 pm

While I agree with you in principle, my disdain for maphackers makes me not give a fuck if they are permanently banned. I don't think it's worth the effort to try to fine tune the system to allow this kind of nuance in banning.
Must go faster.
Spoiler!
ImageImageImage

teller55
Donator

Postby teller55 » Wed Mar 27, 2013 2:04 pm

I think uakf.b said that DotACash is going to change any new maphacking bans they do to 1 year to coincide with us. Any existing ones can be appealed when the 1 year is up. There is no point in trying to change them all to 1 year now. Once someone's year is up, they can appeal.

uakf.b
Staff Department

Postby uakf.b » Wed Mar 27, 2013 2:32 pm

No, I just said that I removed the "non-appealable" from their new bans (and also from the imported bans).

Anyways, the bans will last one year max now.
dWFrZi5i -- 'cause I'm cool like Agreements

nocookie4u
Resource Storage

Postby nocookie4u » Wed Mar 27, 2013 9:52 pm

So does this mean that anybody that has been banned from ENT with the DotaCash merge, is only on a one year ban? I wish to continue playing wc3 but the only way is through ENT.

NutzSucksHard
Plague Treant

Postby NutzSucksHard » Wed Mar 27, 2013 11:09 pm

Why the only way is through ENT? Explain yourself. There's BGN, EDGE, VOID. Why us especially?

nocookie4u
Resource Storage

Postby nocookie4u » Thu Mar 28, 2013 5:23 am

You guys have always been who ive played with since i came back about a year n a half or so ago. I had never played with bots really before, but the private ones. I hadnt stepped on for 3 years or so. Found ENT had one of the best connections, and a far better community than that i was finding in BGN games. All my friends play ENT since ive built em up through the games that i play. All the bots added on my list are ENT except like 3 that either arent popular or arent hosted on ENT. ENT is the most popular now a days i guess to. Plus you guys are the only ones with good ranking systems.

karasu.
Protector of Nature

Postby karasu. » Tue Apr 02, 2013 6:19 am

uakf.b wrote:No, I just said that I removed the "non-appealable" from their new bans (and also from the imported bans).

Anyways, the bans will last one year max now.

Seems to be resolved.

Return to “Processed Cases”