Complaint about switch to 6.84

Processed complaints will be moved here.

Moderator: Oversight Staff

snumpydooo
Armored Tree

Complaint about switch to 6.84

Postby snumpydooo » Thu Sep 03, 2015 6:22 pm

I already posted on this topic in the technical support forum, but since I cannot reply there, I will respond here. If there is a better forum for a dialogue about this please let me know and I will happily post there.

The issue: apem and arem bots are now hosting 6.84 as opposed to 6.81, and mac users can no longer play with the ent community.

As you guys/gals know, the new dota map is not compatible with mac users. Accordingly, mac users have now been effectively removed from ent dota. I don't know what the percentage of the community are mac users, but I'm guessing the number should at least be large enough to have a noticeable impact.

As several of the moderators/commenters in my previous post stated, yes, there are still two bots hosting under 6.81. However, as is apparent today, those bots are every bit as dead as the rdem and sdem bots. The games do not and will not fill.

I definitely realize that you guys don't *want* to eliminate the mac users, and even tried to help us out by providing the bots that host the other map. However, as stated above, it's just not possible since the games won't fill and won't start.

I hope this didn't come off as rude - I'm just really disappointed because ent is the only place to play that has good competition, rules, and a community.

Super bummed.

-okiiiiii

nabo.
Donator

Re: Complaint about switch to 6.84

Postby nabo. » Thu Sep 03, 2015 6:25 pm

As I already stated, we are on trial.
Both versions are being hosted, so there should be no issues.

As a matter of fact, ent7 (6.81 apem) bot has been filling fine. 65 games have been played since last night and I currently see 9/10 people in #65 game lobby.

Edit: 5 minutes have passed and 2 games already started. Since both versions are being hosted and both are filling, I do not see a problem.
Clan High@useast

• Check the wiki for ENT rules and general information.
  • Talk to mods on ENT chat.
  • Host games through our bots, Manage your stats, Secure your account(s), and check your ban status on ENT LINK.

snumpydooo
Armored Tree

Postby snumpydooo » Thu Sep 03, 2015 7:40 pm

I noticed the apem bot is starting games just fine. Couldn't find the post to edit my original topic. The arem bot is dead, however.

nabo.
Donator

Postby nabo. » Thu Sep 03, 2015 7:44 pm

That is ppl's choice. Some people dont seem to have realized we are hosting both versions though. Bot announcement regarding 6.81 being hosted on ent7 and ent10 have been up since we implemented this trial.

Majority of the complain regarding the version seems to be mac incompatibility and bug with meepo. In actuality, the 6.84 version has a lot of bugs fixed from 6.81 and its previous versions.

We may end up hosting 6.83 instead. We shall see.
Clan High@useast

• Check the wiki for ENT rules and general information.
  • Talk to mods on ENT chat.
  • Host games through our bots, Manage your stats, Secure your account(s), and check your ban status on ENT LINK.

Return to “Processed Cases”