Supersexyy

Processed complaints will be moved here.

Moderator: Oversight Staff

SLSGuennter
Protector of Nature

Supersexyy

Postby SLSGuennter » Fri Oct 16, 2015 3:26 pm

This is a complaint against LIHL-mod supersexyy, due to this topic:
https://entgaming.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=85&t=70410

If you read the rules of LIHL, you wont find anything like "you have to wait till the 180 seconds of gproxy reconnectionpossibility elapse" or anything like this. So the dropvote which was made was in the rules and legit (even if its bad mannered or smth).
If somebody dc's and it gets reported, a dc-penalty MUST be applied.
Like i also said in the topic, which got locked by supersexyy, "unwritten rules are no rules" ...
I dont want any harm to diablo_ or smth like this, but this seems like special treatment for a friend/old player/LIHL-mod to an other.
Gunther and the Sunshine-Girls. Hell Yeah

supersexyy
Donator

Re: Supersexyy

Postby supersexyy » Fri Oct 16, 2015 4:14 pm

For all cases we have discretion. If the written rules do not fulfill the unwritten rules (in as in this case) we use apply common sense for the greater good of the league. I do not have favourable tendencies towards any players, I apply what I feel is correct given the situation.

I will be shortly drafting an update to the rules.

If you believe players with GProxy should be dropped then you're welcome to post a suggestion in the LIHL forum.

aRt)Y
Protector of Nature

Postby aRt)Y » Fri Oct 16, 2015 4:45 pm

There're rules and guidelines and you can act by discretion within the given frame. You can't just make up rules because it has been there for 10 seasons if they've never been officially posted on the wiki.
These users thanked the author aRt)Y for the post:
SLSGuennter (Fri Oct 16, 2015 6:04 pm)
    Information, Rules, Guides and everything else you need to know about ENT is on the ENT Wiki.
      Ignorantia juris non excusat • Quis custodiet ipsos custodes? • Fallacy of composition

Haunt
Oversight Staff

Postby Haunt » Fri Oct 16, 2015 6:10 pm

I gotta ask, how is this even possible? It's been a while I saw anyone lag with GProxy, but imo on ENTID if you are lagging but you got GProxy, people can't drop you, they must use votekick instead.

Why this isn't the case in LIHL?

SLSGuennter
Protector of Nature

Postby SLSGuennter » Fri Oct 16, 2015 6:12 pm

@Haunt
Bot dont matters, even on ENTID you can get droped with proxy, BUT minimum 80sec must have elapsed. (asfaik)

Haunt
Oversight Staff

Postby Haunt » Fri Oct 16, 2015 6:54 pm

Oh, in that case the odds of him reconnecting are slim to none.

KinG23
Protector of Nature

Postby KinG23 » Fri Oct 16, 2015 6:57 pm

Agreed with @Guennter 100%.

This definitely shows a lack of understanding/following the WRITTEN rules. There should be no reason that the dc pen was not applied here.

Also no reason to lock the topic when people still have comments to say about it.
*kisses*

HazarDous
Staff Department

Postby HazarDous » Fri Oct 16, 2015 6:58 pm

Votekick and DC Penalty
If a player leaves or disconnects during a game, a "Leave and DC penalty" will be enforced where the player who left will lose -18 elo and the remaining players will gain +3 elo for their playing time.

(19:20 / All) Diablo_: Player [Avada] voted to drop laggers.

I think it is rather obvious that one can [u]not vote for something he's not part of. Avada voting to kick Diablo_, itself, nullifies the validity of the ''votekick''.

Either way, to quote nabo. and the vouch request format;
Do you have Gproxy installed?

Now that we have made Gproxy kinda mandatory and since this is a league, I would agree with Diablo in making some type of rule for not voting to kick someone who is in "reconnecting state".

The whole point of having Gproxy is to give users a chance to reconnect/fix their connection problem if such problem arises.
Now considering LIHL strongly recommands Gproxy usage, it is not realistic that someone following the protocol does not get the full chance to reconnect and fulfill the duty of Gproxy. ..And gets blamed for it afterwards.

Code: Select all

(19:20 / All) Diablo_: Please wait for me to reconnect (75 seconds remain).

Considering there was still ~75 seconds remaining for Diablo_ to reconnect, it is realistic to believe him when he says he was about to fix the problem and reconnect.
I'm 99% sure I would have reconnected in time if you didn't drop me. Imo it should finally become a rule to not drop ppl during gproxy countdown ... I mean that's exactly the reason why we are using it.

Might aswell stop using Gproxy if we don't allow people to fulfill the sole duty of it.

Complaint

Finally, I'm not sure why this complaint is adressed towards supersexyy? Note that I'd be the first one arguing that supersexyy seeks after drama and am not trying to protect him at all.

If anything, this is much of a gray zone, and the case was reviewed by supersexyy within his rights. If anything, I would have done the very same.
1) Deny the request for above mentionned reasons
2) Suggest a rule regarding Gproxy -even if it should already be obvious not to kick players in reconnection state-...

What's left is your accusations of him giving a free pass to his friend;
I dont want any harm to diablo_ or smth like this, but this seems like special treatment for a friend/old player/LIHL-mod to an other.

If that's the case, then provide proofs. Otherwise, this complaint is pretty much invalid and a discussion with him would have been a better solution.

''Edit'':
Oh, in that case the odds of him reconnecting are slim to none.

I've had very similar cases in which I had to reboot my router before reconnecting and pretty much needed the 180 seconds allowed. There's a reason 180 seconds was instored to begin with. Reason being 180 seconds is a reasonable amount of time for someone to fix connection problems.

SLSGuennter
Protector of Nature

Postby SLSGuennter » Fri Oct 16, 2015 7:31 pm

HazarDous wrote:I think it is rather obvious that one can not vote for something he's not part of. Avada voting to kick Diablo_, itself, nullifies the validity of the ''votekick''.

Either way, to quote nabo. and the vouch request format;
Do you have Gproxy installed?

Now that we have made Gproxy kinda mandatory and since this is a league, I would agree with Diablo in making some type of rule for not voting to kick someone who is in "reconnecting state".

At the moment there is no rule about observers arent allowed to kick! And like its written in the quote of nabo, he suggests a rule ybout not dropping, but as long as there is no such rule, a dropvote is in the rules and legit.

HazarDous wrote:The whole point of having Gproxy is to give users a chance to reconnect/fix their connection problem if such problem arises.
Now considering LIHL strongly recommands Gproxy usage, it is not realistic that someone following the protocol does not get the full chance to reconnect and fulfill the duty of Gproxy. ..And gets blamed for it afterwards.

Might aswell stop using Gproxy if we don't allow people to fulfill the sole duty of it.

He is allowed to use proxy. People are (at least atm) allowed to drop after 80sec (and it was more then 100sec already. Proove: (19:20 / All) Diablo_: Please wait for me to reconnect (75 seconds remain). So its either his fault to lag like this in the first point, or failure of the rules.

HazarDous wrote:Complaint

Finally, I'm not sure why this complaint is adressed towards supersexyy? Note that I'd be the first one arguing that supersexyy seeks after drama and am not trying to protect him at all.

If anything, this is much of a gray zone, and the case was reviewed by supersexyy within his rights. If anything, I would have done the very same.
1) Deny the request for above mentionned reasons
2) Suggest a rule regarding Gproxy -even if it should already be obvious not to kick players in reconnection state-...

It is adressed like this, cause supersexyy was the mod who did archive and lock the topic. ^^
There is nothing grey! Players are allowed to drop and reported dc results in punishment. Nothing grey about this.
Yes, it is good to suggest this rule, but you must not apply this rule before its implemented.

aRt)Y
Protector of Nature

Postby aRt)Y » Fri Oct 16, 2015 8:52 pm

Considering he didn't enforce a punishment based on imaginary rules, there's no abuse and the case is closed.

However, we've got a bunch of LIHL mods, so please discuss things like this with them prior to making your own decision, @supersexyy

The decision to approve or deny the dc pen request is fine either way. Given that he was using gproxy and got dropped by a player is both unfortunate and not entirely his own fault (given that he wasn't given the chance to fully reconnect).

As we judge cases on a case-by-case basis and use "common sense" in combination with the existing rule framework, one can perfectly fine argue to not apply a dc pen.

Case will be passed on to LIHL for discussing the rule suggestion.
    Information, Rules, Guides and everything else you need to know about ENT is on the ENT Wiki.
      Ignorantia juris non excusat • Quis custodiet ipsos custodes? • Fallacy of composition

Return to “Processed Cases”