Mod abuse over inbox

Processed complaints will be moved here.

Moderator: Oversight Staff

ShadowZz
Poison Treant

Mod abuse over inbox

Postby ShadowZz » Thu Nov 19, 2015 11:24 am

I simply think it's disrespectful and a straight up joke that Lynx is still a IDIH moderator. This is not the first time he has insulted the players in the league.

Lynx wrote:yes I'm seriously suggesting to have it muted for anyone who isn't a moderator. If a user wants something they can whisper us. There is literally nothing useful they can say in chat that can not be whispered to a mod.

Players in the league simply shouldn't be aloud to speak because only his opinion matters. Yup....

Sent: Thu Nov 19, 2015 10:08 am
Recipient: ShadowZz

Subject: I am Lynx-@euro. AMA.

ShadowZz wrote:
Yes, because I obviously didn't already check if this was a registered website. I'm glad you feel like you accomplished something and didn't realize the amount of people who have been laughing at you this whole time.

Good job.

A retarded 14 year old, a game dev, a paralympic id player and you. Yes your group of friends laughing at me is very upsetting. If you even considered me being serious at this topic I am laughing harder at you since it is so obvious that the whole topic is a fake/troll.

Lynx wrote:A retarded 14 year old

Yes an IDIH moderator is referring to a vouched player as a retard. Can someone please link me to the staff handbook where you can mentally discriminate against players?

@ForsakeMe
Lynx wrote:a paralympic id player

Since he's the only other person left bar timmy and arty I'm assuming this is aimed at ForsakeMe.
Regardless of who it's aimed at it's yet again a moderator using derogatory language towards a member of our community.

Our community is small and allowing people on clear power trips will not help that.

This is not the first time.

@aRt)Y Before you look at this and think that it's just me on one again. I have steered clear of complaints for ages. I get this shit in my inbox all the time. I've showed the other stuff to @Haunt and was told to report it next time so someone can actually do something about it. I'm being genuinely serious. I understand me and Lynx have a bad history but ignorant of that Lynx is openly an asshole to everyone except friends. He clearly doesn't care about what people think or their opinions as per the first quote. For the sake of something which is barely consistent please don't allow him to ruin something which is actually good for our community. Lynx has clearly expressed on many occations he only cares about euro's coming back. This has been proven by the fact that he consistently protects a decision to keep an old map by his own words to encourage euros to come back.

Lynx wrote:Neco might as well grow tired and stop caring about his version, the sooner the better.

Again more proof that Lynx isn't here to help ID. Lynx is here to get old friends to play games with him. If he's lonely that's his problem. Killing the IDIH league to satisfy his own desires is not what's best for it.

Other players have already expressed their opinions that they have no faith that our opinions matter in the current league due to its moderators.
FollowingPath wrote:My only concern at the moment is whether this poll will actually have an impact on which version will be used for the IH games, or if the end result will be overruled for one reason or another.

No other moderators get away with continual digs at players and game devs. Just because of history why should this be any different for ID. Starting this league back up like this is a 100% way to get it to fail again.
Lynx wrote:When Neco starts listening to legit suggestions instead of wanting to do it entirely his own way, then we'll get balance.

More of Lynx calling other people paralympics on forum.
Lynx wrote:If he was a good help previously, I don't see the problem. Ent needs moderators, even if he is active for 2 weeks and then quits he's been to good help. Saying he is inactive and needs to post on brq's is just paralympic since he most likely knows what he is doing from previous administrations.

Even more clearly troll posts just to dig at people from a moderator.
Lynx wrote:Replay Link: https://entgaming.net/findstats.php?id=6702646
Game Name: [ENT] Island Defense #56
Your Warcraft III Username: Lynx-
Violator's Warcraft III Username: Fossurious
Violated Rule(s): Left/Plugged as Titan before the 10 minute mark.
Time of Violation (in-game or replay): Minute 9 in the game timer.
Any further thoughts: It was probably a rage quit/plug, because I was schooling him with the currently imbalanced Demonoligist.

More inboxes.
Love being harassed by moderators through my inbox.
Lynx wrote:Sent: Sun Sep 27, 2015 1:11 am

I DID IT! 500G IN AN IH! NERF TOXIC PLEASE!!?

Lynx wrote:Sent: Fri Oct 30, 2015 8:08 pm
by Lynx

afaik the nearest "hole" is in UK, in your mom's basement.

And I sure as hell don't want to share it with the shadow that lives there.

If a mod in any other league spent their days constantly berating the game they wouldn't fucking be the moderator any more.
Lynx wrote:Lel, I should probably do this with ID , games take forever to start.

Fix more popular version thx

This isn't just on the forums. I hadn't spoke to him all game AT ALL.
https://entgaming.net/customstats/islan ... u=shadowzz
Post story - Some rad runs out the base and suicides. I typed all chat.
(00:00 / All) ShadowZz: fucking idiot
(00:00 / All) ShadowZz: irony
(00:00 / All) ShadowZz: i told him
(00:00 / All) ShadowZz: 30x
(00:00 / All) ShadowZz: what would happen
(00:00 / All) ShadowZz: zzz
(00:01 / All) Lynx-: STFU SHADOW
(00:05 / All) ShadowZz: CRY MORE
(00:08 / All) ShadowZz: why be a bitch?
(00:15 / All) ShadowZz: whats your fucking problem?
(00:41 / All) Lynx-: ur my problem
(01:00 / All) ShadowZz: you have many problems.....
(01:18 / All) Lynx-: I got 99 problems and you're all of them
(01:27 / All) ShadowZz: Though your own fault
(01:29 / All) ShadowZz: ^^

I literally had not said a word to him all game and he goes straight to aggression with me.

The point here is that nobody who is this mal-intentioned deliberately trying to destroy a community for their own means should have any say in anything that happens.

@art)Y https://entgaming.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=69541
4th October. All of this is after >
aRt)Y wrote:@Lynx- As I keep stressing to my moderators, you are a mod and it's your duty to be above such childish things.

@Haunt @lordmillt

Edit: Had the wrong name on 2 of the quotes.
Last edited by ShadowZz on Thu Nov 19, 2015 2:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

aRt)Y
Protector of Nature

Re: Mod abuse over inbox

Postby aRt)Y » Thu Nov 19, 2015 12:01 pm

I am gonna read the entire post later, however, why even bother postinf on topics by lyxn, especially in the off-topic..?
    Information, Rules, Guides and everything else you need to know about ENT is on the ENT Wiki.
      Ignorantia juris non excusat • Quis custodiet ipsos custodes? • Fallacy of composition

ShadowZz
Poison Treant

Postby ShadowZz » Thu Nov 19, 2015 12:44 pm

Because I'm not bound by the duties of a moderator. After all that's what sets us aside. Regardless of mine and Lynx's constant bullshit it doesn't dismiss his insults of other people and his clear intentions being the opposite of what a new league needs. Moving forward is what ID needs and what IDIH needs. Not sitting in the past trying to get his "friends" to come back and play so as they can vote against 4.0.0. It's not productive and it's not helping.

I don't see how he was made a mod in the first place. Literally everyone who was suggested bar Haunt were all constantly flaming all over the forum and none should have been accepted. Literally accepted because no-one else was available. I doubt it's even a surprise to you that this has come up.

I know I flame. But go look at the posts. Whatever I type anywhere on the forums has Lynx reply with something insulting aimed at me or anyone else I talk to.

Fun read: https://entgaming.net/forum/viewtopic.p ... &start=105

On a side-note - How many times have I agreed to stop the flame only to get flamed or have Lynx say something like "ShadowZz opinion doesn't matter", "ShadowZz no experience bla bla bla" and start it up again. Why should I ignore it and move on when I get this shit in my inbox 24/7. I'll give you my username and password and you can feel free to have a poke around for yourself.

Also, He says by his own admission that the entire post was aimed at me.

Lynx wrote:Yes, I went this far to troll ShadowZz

By his own admission he's acting like a fucking child and for some unknown reason is in charge of a league.

Haunt
Oversight Staff

Postby Haunt » Thu Nov 19, 2015 12:50 pm

I'm not going to do deep analysis over this complaint since someone might think I'm biased towards ShadowZz. But yeah, Lynx should calm down a little :)

btw, Off topic:
I wouldn't mind being only mod for IIHL as long as someone organizes games when I'm not around xDDDD

Lynx
Donator

Postby Lynx » Thu Nov 19, 2015 2:17 pm

Alright, so the problem here seems to be ShadowZz thinks I troll too much and act too immature to be an IIHL moderator, and also he questions the direction of where the IIHL is going. The two are entirely different things, you seem to be under the impression that I'm solely responsible for the IIHL, but it's also Burns, Haunts, and aRt)Ys decision of where to take the league. The complaint should've been split in two complaints addressing the issues separately. But w/e now as you already started, going to reply to both issues.

ShadowZz wrote:This is not the first time he has insulted the players in the league.

It barely happens, even if I say like "the league is full of shitty players", it doesn't mean it holds any value. The 2013 ENTIDIH was full of players (mods included) saying that the league was full of shit players and yet it wasn't.

ShadowZz wrote:Lynx wrote:
yes I'm seriously suggesting to have it muted for anyone who isn't a moderator. If a user wants something they can whisper us. There is literally nothing useful they can say in chat that can not be whispered to a mod.

It's not their opinions that I wanted to silence, I wanted to increase the effectiveness in lobbies so the game starts sooner, if people focus on what the mods are saying we can play more games.

A retarded 14 year old

Yes an IDIH moderator is referring to a vouched player as a retard. Can someone please link me to the staff handbook where you can mentally discriminate against players?

I did not refer to a vouched player. I said you had a retarded 14 year old in your circle of friends, it could be anyone. I'm not responsible for your assumptions.

a paralympic id player

Since he's the only other person left bar timmy and arty I'm assuming this is aimed at ForsakeMe.
Regardless of who it's aimed at it's yet again a moderator using derogatory language towards a member of our community.

Yes, I insulted a player in the community, it's the internet, get off it if you can't handle an insult from a complete stranger. It's not targeted at anyone you listed.

ShadowZz wrote:I get this shit in my inbox all the time.

not really

ShadowZz wrote: Lynx is openly an asshole to everyone except friends.

I'm pretty sure I'm only an asshole towards you. While that might not be good, and it's optimal that a mod is friendly towards everyone, but there are sometimes I just can't avoid arguing with (in balance topics etc). But yeah the some of our PM conversations have probably been a bit uncalled for from both sides.

ShadowZz wrote:For the sake of something which is barely consistent please don't allow him to ruin something which is actually good for our community.

The IIHL is consistant with weekly games. Much due to me hosting at very bad times for me (somtimes I've been up to 04:00 to get games) and gathering players (it's actually quite hard).
I pretty much single-handedly restarted island defense in houses, started with BTI in houses and the transitioned into the IIHL and now get help from Haunt arty and Burn, as well as the dedicated IIHL players.

ShadowZz wrote:Lynx has clearly expressed on many occations he only cares about euro's coming back. This has been proven by the fact that he consistently protects a decision to keep an old map by his own words to encourage euros to come back.
The reason for 3.0.9d is not at all to get euros back, I barely ask the to come and play anymore. I truly believe the quality of the IH games will be affected negatively if we switch to 4.0.0 unless an -ih mode is implemented. Stop with your bullshit assumptions please.

Neco might as well grow tired and stop caring about his version, the sooner the better.

Again more proof that Lynx isn't here to help ID. Lynx is here to get old friends to play games with him. If he's lonely that's his problem. Killing the IDIH league to satisfy his own desires is not what's best for it.

That was my opinion to kick-start ID again, I felt like 4.0.0 didn't offer enough replay value for it to be popular. But since 0103, my opinion has changed, the future of ID actually looks promising again. Again, this has nothing to do with me trying to get back old euros.

ShadowZz wrote:Other players have already expressed their opinions that they have no faith that our opinions matter in the current league due to its moderators.

I don't see why the mods of a league is relevant, if there truly is a problem shouldn't no games be played in the IIHL. Obviously something is working and people are returning for the fun games we host. It's just your tight group of IDL friends that seem to be boycotting of your personal problems with me, it's pretty childish.

ShadowZz wrote:No other moderators get away with continual digs at players and game devs. Just because of history why should this be any different for ID. Starting this league back up like this is a 100% way to get it to fail again.

Lynx wrote:
When Neco starts listening to legit suggestions instead of wanting to do it entirely his own way, then we'll get balance.

What? This is my opinion. Surely you must think I can have my own opinion, thinking otherwise would be plain dumb.

ShadowZz wrote:More of Lynx calling other people paralympics on forum.
Lynx wrote:
If he was a good help previously, I don't see the problem. Ent needs moderators, even if he is active for 2 weeks and then quits he's been to good help. Saying he is inactive and needs to post on brq's is just paralympic since he most likely knows what he is doing from previous administrations.

I didn't call someone a paralympic, I called an opinion paralympic. Others agreed with the as well there. You can substitute the word paralympic for stupid if you'd like because that's what I meant with it there.

ShadowZz wrote:Even more clearly troll posts just to dig at people from a moderator.
Lynx wrote:
Replay Link: https://entgaming.net/findstats.php?id=6702646
Game Name: [ENT] Island Defense #56
Your Warcraft III Username: Lynx-
Violator's Warcraft III Username: Fossurious
Violated Rule(s): Left/Plugged as Titan before the 10 minute mark.
Time of Violation (in-game or replay): Minute 9 in the game timer.
Any further thoughts: It was probably a rage quit/plug, because I was schooling him with the currently imbalanced Demonoligist.

What? Not a troll at all. I was trying to explain to a non-ID moderator what was happening. How would you have phrased it? I can't help it if what was happening was condescending.

Sent: Sun Sep 27, 2015 1:11 am

I DID IT! 500G IN AN IH! NERF TOXIC PLEASE!!?

Alright, I apologize for this PM.

Sent: Fri Oct 30, 2015 8:08 pm
by Lynx

afaik the nearest "hole" is in UK, in your mom's basement.

And I sure as hell don't want to share it with the shadow that lives there.

If you're rude to me, why would you expect anything less back? You're just provoking at that point.
PM from ShadowZz wrote:The quicker you grow tired of this version and wither away back into your hole the better. That way the adults can continue with their lives unaffected.

ShadowZz wrote:If a mod in any other league spent their days constantly berating the game they wouldn't fucking be the moderator any more.
Lynx wrote:
Lel, I should probably do this with ID , games take forever to start.

Fix more popular version thx

Games doesn't take forever to start thus it makes that comment invalid. 30 minutes average wait time is actually pretty decent for ID.

ShadowZz wrote:This isn't just on the forums. I hadn't spoke to him all game AT ALL.
https://entgaming.net/customstats/islan ... u=shadowzz
Post story - Some rad runs out the base and suicides. I typed all chat.
(00:00 / All) ShadowZz: fucking idiot
(00:00 / All) ShadowZz: irony
(00:00 / All) ShadowZz: i told him
(00:00 / All) ShadowZz: 30x
(00:00 / All) ShadowZz: what would happen
(00:00 / All) ShadowZz: zzz
(00:01 / All) Lynx-: STFU SHADOW
(00:05 / All) ShadowZz: CRY MORE
(00:08 / All) ShadowZz: why be a bitch?
(00:15 / All) ShadowZz: whats your fucking problem?
(00:41 / All) Lynx-: ur my problem
(01:00 / All) ShadowZz: you have many problems.....
(01:18 / All) Lynx-: I got 99 problems and you're all of them
(01:27 / All) ShadowZz: Though your own fault
(01:29 / All) ShadowZz: ^^

I literally had not said a word to him all game and he goes straight to aggression with me.

I said "stfu shadow" because of you were an asshole to the rad, even though you died way more earlier and easier. So I didn't appreciate that you called yourself a better player than the rad who was a guy just trying to play a game. So I defended the rad by saying "stfu shadow", it might have come off as ruder than intended because of the mistake caps-lock.

If you bully a player, of course I won't just watch and see what happens. It's similiar to you would bully a kid irl, and not saying anything while you do it. Of course I will step in and try to stop your bullshit.

ShadowZz wrote:The point here is that nobody who is this mal-intentioned deliberately trying to destroy a community for their own means should have any say in anything that happens.

I'm actually trying to help the community, and I actually do it more than you who is stunting development of 4.0.0 by discussing useless matters and boycotting the IIHL. While I on the other hand try to help players with guides ( 111111 222222 ), bringing up important matters to discuss ( 111111 22222), suggesting things (111111 222222), posting replays of unrecorded ih's. Seriously if you say I'm a bad influence on ID you're just blatantly wrong, that was just some of the things I do to help out.

What I wonder about the most is why do you care about me being an IIHL moderator? You don't even participate in the IIHL. Is the reason you're not playing IIHL really because I'm the mod? Because that is childish and immature.

We're both just boys trying to play some good ole ID, let's try to get along or ignore each other!
Last edited by Lynx on Thu Nov 19, 2015 3:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

FollowingPath
Forest Walker

Postby FollowingPath » Thu Nov 19, 2015 3:16 pm

@Lynx I'm not going to take a side here, but I counted 7 counterarguments that more or less involved "it was a joke."
Is that how you want to defend almost half of the points made against you?

Lynx wrote: Yes I do tend to troll a lot, but it's all intended in a good and fun spirit, all in all we're all just boys trying to play some good ole ID.

aRt)Y wrote: Now that you are representing Enterprise Gaming in its Island Defense In-House League, I do demand your trolling to go down on a minimum and not just when it is necessary.

aRt)Y
Protector of Nature

Postby aRt)Y » Thu Nov 19, 2015 5:46 pm

So.. first thing: Next time please dont mix the subjects. If you wanna complain about his private messages, do that but dont mix in his IIHL job and other things. Thanks.

• He suggested the muting and it did not pass. He is allowed to have that opinion as long as he doesn't enforce it. Which also means he can think 4.0 is trash for IH as long as he gives the players the opportunity to play both/play their preferred map. Even in LIHL, the staff disagrees about many topics. Just because he doesn't like 4.0 for IHs, does not mean he doesn't care for the IHs in general.
  • If other players and you think he is a bad IIHL moderator, you can post it in IIHL and see the poll result. You can also suggest another player for the moderator position. But knowing that most IDlers prefer trolling to taking responsibility, it is highly unlikely.
  • The league moderations' staff teams are supposed to work in a team. Which means anything usually gets discussed prior to implementation/change. I wouldn't always rely too soon on one's word.
  • The leagues are supervised by nabo and me. Their behavior, attitude and actions are constantly being observed. Claiming another moderator would be demoted for the same actions is something you simply can't legitimately say.
Finally, I really dont care what kind of trolling people do in the off-topic section as long as they follow the forum rules and are somewhat reasonable. With that said, it is your own fault going in the off-topic section, searching for topics of your enemy #1 and then actively participating in it. What do you think would happen? Regardless of you trying to be friends with him or not; it's the wrong thing to do. Furthermore, you can report any PMs you consider offensive but you should look at it objectively prior to hitting the button.

I will protect any member who is trolled or flamed but only if they dont actively engage with the other party. If you wouldnt post there and lynx kept harassing you regardless, then yes, I would act faster and more determined.

Now to Lynx.
  • Insulting the league for fun in public or private are two different things.
  • We tell public players to endure a certain amount of flame because it is common on the internet, yes. However, this does not apply to staff members. Higher standards are set and are clearly stated as such in the handbook. You are supposed to act as the ideal role model and thereby any trolling, flaming or misbehavior is to be reduced to a minimum if not stopped completely. Knowing how ID players are, I gave you some space but thought I was clear enough on the last complaint..
  • The ID league was never really stable. I started it at ENT and hoped I could rely on the players which turned out to be a disappointment. Lynx tries it again and I made clear it is solely based on the players. So if they dont participate, dont manage and organize their league, then there's no IIHl - pretty darn simple.

Considering I warned you before, this will be my final warning to step up your attitude as an IIHL moderator or I might consider disciplinary actions which may not be just temporarily. While we usually do not recommend ignoring players, especially in leagues, I would forward any league related requests to other IIHL moderators from him. You may dodge any request or topic by him, too, and pass it to other moderators in order to avoid conflict.

The same applies to you, shadow. There're always two to such conflicts. If you go and actively seek for trouble and engagement, then dont be surprised finding it. I would strongly recommend keeping away from lynx and not giving any direct or indirect reason to address you. If you, however, do the opposite, you will not get the protection.

tl;dr; Keep away from each other or learn to filter out flame and insults. Dont troll and dont bite. While you are "just" a regular player, shadow, the same behavior codex applies to you as to any other player. That means you should behave just as well as a mod. - Lynx, re-read the handbook and ensure to avoid conflicts.

As this complaint is a lot about the league, I will add a last statement: If there're no moderators for the league (due to several reasons) and the league games are not organized by the players, I will not hesitate shutting it down. The moderators are supposed to do the administrative work and not play the mum/baby-sitter. Keep that in mind.

Last warning given; complaint closed.
These users thanked the author aRt)Y for the post:
Haunt (Thu Nov 19, 2015 6:49 pm)
    Information, Rules, Guides and everything else you need to know about ENT is on the ENT Wiki.
      Ignorantia juris non excusat • Quis custodiet ipsos custodes? • Fallacy of composition

Return to “Processed Cases”