Poorly handled BR and arbitrary mod ruling

Processed complaints will be moved here.

Moderator: Oversight Staff

vkabuseisntcool
Basic Tree

Poorly handled BR and arbitrary mod ruling

Postby vkabuseisntcool » Mon Feb 08, 2016 7:57 am

child:
"not going to ban the non voters, wasn't clearly explained and the game was imbalanced at that point. Plus he moved a couple times to reset afk timer.

However, Haralampi@euro banned 5 days for afk griefing."

"go post a complaint if you feel the need, but don't post another ban request about this game or it will be considered spam and you will receive a warning.
Fact of the matter is, as I've already explained, vote kick rules are not set in stone. Whereas not a single person in the game voted on your vote kick (i.e you want us to ban 8 people for not vote kicking), you were the only person on your team other than the ruiner (who has been banned) to not !ff. Your teammates had clearly had it with the game, and saw no chance of winning, so they wanted to ff and didn't bother to kick the ruiner. But you didn't and now you want them all banned for it? No."

Jabba:
"First votekick he was at fountain fr like 90 seconds. That's way too early to kick him
During the second votekick he came back so your team saw he was back and as he went straight top to the creeps they saw him too.

Denied."

Each time they move the goal posts for why they decide not to ban the nonvoters because I gave them good reasons to ban the nonvoters.

From the last BR posted, and also processed by child despite me clearly asking another mod to look at it,

"THE ISSUE IS NOT THAT HES AFK. HES NOT AFK.

HE'S HERE AND JUST REFUSING TO PLAY AND STAYING AT FOUNTAIN WHILE THEY RAX. THE ONE TIME HE LEAVES IS AFTER SECOND VK IS INITIATED AND HE GOES TOP WHILE THEY ARE PUSHING BOT AND OUR WHOLE TEAM IS BOT.

HE WENT TOP WHEN HE LEFT FOUNTAIN TO CONTINUE GREIFING NOT TO HELP TEAM. WHAT IS SO HARD TO UNDERSTAND ABOUT THAT?"

https://entgaming.net/forum/viewtopic.p ... 15#p315515
https://entgaming.net/forum/viewtopic.p ... 66#p317966
https://entgaming.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=79858

Jabba41
Protector of Nature

Re: Poorly handled BR and arbitrary mod ruling

Postby Jabba41 » Mon Feb 08, 2016 5:02 pm

The first instance he was using !ff and sat at fountain was maybe 30 seconds long... this happens so often in dota/lod games... this dont justify a votekick.
Then he was afk for 2 minutes, later he started to move and grief.
Your first votekick wasnt even justified.

Then it came to the second votekick, but during this kick he started to play again.
(33:53 / Allied) hallyknewya: !votekick hara
(33:58 / All) hallyknewya: still hasnt left fountain'
(34:01 / All) hallyknewya: 10 mins now

-> He left fountain during this kick and could be seen by the enemys. Why should the vk when it looks like you:
1. Say something that isnt true as they see him top
2. You lie about the duration he was at fountain, it wasnt even close to be 10 minutes.

--> As a result they refuse to kick and they have a good point in not doing so. You wanted to get him kicked for sitting at fountain, if he dont sit at fountain then there is no point to kick. IF you want him to get kicked for refusing to play and cooperate you have to explain this to your enemys. They cant read your mind.
Send me your best Sloth pictures for instant unban*

*individual results may vary

HazarDous
Staff Department

Postby HazarDous » Mon Feb 08, 2016 9:45 pm

So are you complaining because your ban request was not handled the way you wanted it to be handled, or are you complaining because both moderators (Jabba41 and child) made arbitrary decisions?

First of all, I don't see the necessity of using caps within bolded text.. You are simply losing credibility.

Regarding the ban request itself;
@Jabba41 explained it very well. You simply can't ask for people to votekick an AFK'er if they can see that person still moving on the map. They will consider what you are saying as a lie.

Just put yourself in other's place. Did they have enough proof/knowledge to know whether the votekick was legit or not? Jabba and child both said that the answer is no.

As for the accusation of arbitrary ruling against child :

vkabuseisntcool wrote:Also I request this BR be reviewed and processed by someone other than child or Jabba41. Thank you.

vkabuseisntcool wrote:From the last BR posted, and also processed by child despite me clearly asking another mod to look at it,

ENT's policy is to have users allowed a second* review/opinion given the fact that they are unsatisfied by one moderator's decision.

*Not a third, not a fourth review. Only two reviews.

Moderators know what they are doing. Posting the same ban request more than twice simply to receive the same ruling over and over again would be a complete waste of administrative resources.

Considering both child and Jabba had given their input to your ban requests, I don't see anything wrong in child processing your third ban request despite you asked him not to.

Off topic:
If you are still sure, at this point, that the moderators are wrong, and that your ban request is legit, your best option is to private message via PM or ENT Chat another moderator and see if he/she is willing to go over your ban request a third time. If not, I suggest you simply move on with it.

Hatedmaru

Postby Hatedmaru » Tue Feb 09, 2016 2:23 am

After watching the game (watched the entire game):

Grey played fine till 27 mins (replay timer) - this is where the issues begin: Grey wasn't afk for a long time, but starting at 27 mins, he did refuse to play (by either griefing or moving to reset timer), until 34 mins when he comes out of the base.

Regarding the votekicks, the 2nd one turns out invalid since once again no1 votes + grey came back and moved top and became visible

Regarding 1st votekick, which is the only legitimate ill divide it into 2 sections - Sentinel and Scourge

For Sentinel- i won't ban them, the votekick reason wasn't clear "fountain griefing", you could have mentioned the fact he wasn't playing, and also moving to reset his afk timer + adding the fact none in ur team voted either (and the recent !ff votes), i woulnd't haved "cared" much either if i was playing on sent's side (from their point of view)

For Scourge - I'm leaving a warning note (Meaning next time they are reported, the moderator who processes it, will adjust their ban) on them (Timelord , laneis , SpinWorldspin) for future reports - Despite the fact they wanted to !ff or not, they kept playing - yet they were aware that grey wasn't playing and moving inside fountain, and dind't care to kick him.

Processing

Return to “Processed Cases”