[RELEASE] Wintermaul One Revolution 1.0

Moderator: Beliar[Horror]

Beliar[Horror]
Armored Tree

Re: [RELEASE] Wintermaul One Revolution 1.0

Postby Beliar[Horror] » Sat Dec 30, 2017 11:21 am

Jonxx wrote:Haven't seen the dev for a long while, he doesn't reply on discord either, sadly I think he might have dropped developing the map. Hopefully I'm wrong and it's just him not having time.

I don't dropped developing the map, but I really don't have any time, we're mega busy at work I hope on January have a little free time for do changes.
Join Wintermaul community, see latest news in -> viewforum.php?f=320.

Join our discord, and follow latest news, changelog and more:
==> https://discord.gg/HtA7NK2
==> https://wintermaul.one/

Jonxx
Aura Tree

Postby Jonxx » Sat Dec 30, 2017 12:13 pm

Thanks for good news!
Even if the morrow is barren of promises...
Nothing shall forestall... my return.

bigjimmysol
Basic Tree

Postby bigjimmysol » Tue Jan 09, 2018 4:49 am

Amazing custom game! Love playing it. Thanks again for the awesome game!

Jonxx
Aura Tree

Postby Jonxx » Sat Feb 03, 2018 6:18 pm

Beliar[Horror] wrote:
Jonxx wrote:Haven't seen the dev for a long while, he doesn't reply on discord either, sadly I think he might have dropped developing the map. Hopefully I'm wrong and it's just him not having time.

I don't dropped developing the map, but I really don't have any time, we're mega busy at work I hope on January have a little free time for do changes.

It's february. :( The map is still as popular as ever, but there are few bugs that could really use being fixed... I'm sure people would be really glad if you came back. ;)

Beliar[Horror]
Armored Tree

Postby Beliar[Horror] » Sat Feb 10, 2018 11:26 am

Hi,

I have now more freetime, so in next week im goint to do a new update.

- Default UI (comment that post for more opinion).
- Default healthbar.
- Snow terrain.
- Delay on sounds.
- Light active/desactive.
- Camera smothing option.
- Fix bugs from reports.

Jonxx
Aura Tree

Postby Jonxx » Sat Feb 10, 2018 1:37 pm

Beliar[Horror] wrote:Hi,

- Default healthbar.
- Snow terrain.
- Delay on sounds.
- Fix bugs from reports.

Good to know you're back!

I've been thinking about the terrain itself, I think it might be better to actually keep the pattern, maybe make it a little better, but overall I've found it pretty useful for mazing, even in its current state.

Another thing, some races REALLY need buffs, so they're at least slightly viable. Mostly races like Seed of Life. For Seed, making tier 1 tower a little cheaper (8 gold?), and giving the ultimate tower slight splash (like 100 would be plenty) would make race a lot less useless. Some other races could use similar treatment.

And yet another thing, that's been bugging me for a long time. The amount of gold you get, that depends way too heavily on the amount of players, I agree it adds nice depth to the game, but IMO it's a little too big. Something like slightly more end round gold (or less, the game is often too easy with less than 4 people) depending on amount of players would be really nice.

@Edit Oh yeah, remembered something, maybe on/off command for tooltips? Some people said they're annoying.

Beliar[Horror]
Armored Tree

Postby Beliar[Horror] » Sun Feb 11, 2018 2:26 pm

Jonxx wrote:

- Default healthbar.
- Snow terrain.
- Delay on sounds.
- Fix bugs from reports.

Good to know you're back!

I've been thinking about the terrain itself, I think it might be better to actually keep the pattern, maybe make it a little better, but overall I've found it pretty useful for mazing, even in its current state.

Another thing, some races REALLY need buffs, so they're at least slightly viable. Mostly races like Seed of Life. For Seed, making tier 1 tower a little cheaper (8 gold?), and giving the ultimate tower slight splash (like 100 would be plenty) would make race a lot less useless. Some other races could use similar treatment.

And yet another thing, that's been bugging me for a long time. The amount of gold you get, that depends way too heavily on the amount of players, I agree it adds nice depth to the game, but IMO it's a little too big. Something like slightly more end round gold (or less, the game is often too easy with less than 4 people) depending on amount of players would be really nice.

@Edit Oh yeah, remembered something, maybe on/off command for tooltips? Some people said they're annoying.

Oki, i'll check.

Slomosapien
Treant

Postby Slomosapien » Mon Feb 12, 2018 8:36 am

Beliar[Horror] wrote:
Jonxx wrote:

I

Chair and Undead (10g for a melee tower!) with only 4 buildings are kind of useless. Each has only one tower thats of any use and can't play well on its own. Wind is also super underpowered.

And we still get duplicate races on level 15. And Black Hole kills dont give gold.
These users thanked the author Slomosapien for the post:
Jonxx (Mon Feb 12, 2018 9:30 am)

Jonxx
Aura Tree

Postby Jonxx » Mon Feb 12, 2018 10:11 am

Something I've been thinking for a while. Currently splash is the king, single target ultimates are generally pretty damn weak. How about making more towers attack in a way like doombringer ultimate from the top of the unit? This looks so damn good too! It's definitely my favourite tower in the game, because of its attack. Add slight dmg buff here and there and maybe some kind of cool effect like doombringer ultimate have for weakest towers, and they would be great and fun to use, especially in combo with other towers. Right now there's no reason to use for example Crystal Dissolver if you've got even one of the weaker splash towers. Give it some utility, now there's reason to build one or two, with it not being completely useless in terms of dps. OR alternatively give it very, very small splash, but Imo it would be more fun if it had some kind of aura.

PS. Would be great if you came on discord once in a while. :lol:

Beliar[Horror]
Armored Tree

Postby Beliar[Horror] » Mon Feb 12, 2018 10:09 pm

Jonxx wrote:Something I've been thinking for a while. Currently splash is the king, single target ultimates are generally pretty damn weak. How about making more towers attack in a way like doombringer ultimate from the top of the unit? This looks so damn good too! It's definitely my favourite tower in the game, because of its attack. Add slight dmg buff here and there and maybe some kind of cool effect like doombringer ultimate have for weakest towers, and they would be great and fun to use, especially in combo with other towers. Right now there's no reason to use for example Crystal Dissolver if you've got even one of the weaker splash towers. Give it some utility, now there's reason to build one or two, with it not being completely useless in terms of dps. OR alternatively give it very, very small splash, but Imo it would be more fun if it had some kind of aura.

PS. Would be great if you came on discord once in a while. :lol:

I agree it :) Some new auras will be added and buff some races.

Please. If you have any suggestion/support want to see news join here : https://discord.gg/d6TWPck

Return to “Wintermaul One Revamped”