ping@Europe

Thank you for applying.
ping
Basic Tree

ping@Europe

Postby ping » Sat Mar 18, 2017 2:58 am

Name: Dylan
Game moderator specialty (see below for choices): (nil)
Brief introduction:
Hi everyone o/

My name is Dylan but I mostly go by the pseudonym's of Ping or pingaring. To talk more about my personal life, I live on the east coast of Australia and I've been playing Warcraft III since 2010. I'm a recent University graduate where I studied a Bachelor of Animation, focusing more on 3D Animation, Rigging, Modelling and VFX (visual effects). I was referred to Warcraft III by a friend of mine in 2009 back before host bots weren't a mainstream thing. Some of the maps I played included Fight of Characters, Rabbits vs Sheep, Mazing Contest and Custom Castle Defense, but then I was introduced to the wonderful game of Vampirism Fire, to which I am currently the co-administrator with my lovely friend Remuz to all of our services, including forums, servers and hostbots.

Vampirism Fire
I've helped managed and run several Vampirism Fire specific clans, including but not limited to MuM (old-school Australian VF clan), DKH, aG and VFG (current clan). My biggest achievement before my current time at VFG was successfully managing aG. At the time (circa early 2014), in accordance with PingGnome, aG was one of the most active channels and clans on Battle.net (even though we were a map-specific community), with over 80 weekly active clan members and a community full of players and friends, and we were hosting Vampirism Fire in four different locations (United States, Europe, Russia and South East Asia), garnering approximately 200+ full house games of 12 players per day from each location.

Ladder/melee
I am a team manager for Clan ViKi @ w3a (see here: http://nwc3l.com/team/viki ) and I help run and organise the successful weekly Gera Cup tournament (some top players include Focus, LawLiet, Worker and Happy).

What are your current hours of playing time (approximate): 1-3 hours per day on Warcraft III, available for 5-10 hours per day.
What is your current time zone: GMT+10
Describe any relevant experience, both in moderating and in Warcraft III: Currently I co-run and administrate the Vampirism Fire community (see here: https://community.vampirism.eu/members/ping.845/ ) and Clan VFG. My main tasks there include operating the hostbots, managing the clan and moderating the forum.
Why do you want to help ENT's technical infrastructure: In response to the recent hack and obscurities within this community recently, I feel I can bring my expertise and experience to further expand and grow the ENT community. I understand the ins and outs of the GHost hosting software and can assist with changing or implementing new and existing features onto the hostbots. I also have experience in MySQL/MariaDB and PHP scripting.
What will you bring to the ENT/Warcraft III community: Elaborating more from my previous point of discussion, I can bring my experience and understanding of hostbots, database and PHP to this community to further grow what has already been successfully established here. I can also bring my experience as a community and clan manager.
Closing Statement: I would like to come on board and help manage the ENT community, be it back-end with server infrastructure, hostbots, database or scripting, or front-end with community management and day-to-day support, to help further expand and grow this amazing community.
These users thanked the author ping for the post:
God-Kyo (Sat Mar 18, 2017 12:31 pm)

HazarDous
Staff Department

Re: ping@Europe

Postby HazarDous » Mon Mar 20, 2017 12:09 am

Thanks for your application, looking forward to working with you.

Approved.

Return to “Processed Applications”