Matdas

Thank you for applying.
matdas
ENT Staff

Matdas

Postby matdas » Sat Mar 25, 2017 11:24 am

My first Staff Application for ENT

Name: Matdas
Game moderator specialty (see below for choices): LTD Mega, Hell, NWU, just about any wierd custom game that people play.
Brief introduction: It's me Matdas. Been around since 2013. Been playing Warcraft 3 since the release of reign of chaos. Currently have 2 accounts that I play on, Matdas and Banquet both at east and a matdas@west when war3 is being lame and wont let me connect to east. I currently have over 3800 games between the two accounts and approximately 2200 hours. Most likely there are more games and hours due to random name accounts that i played with friends.
What are your current hours of playing time (approximate): Sunday - Tuesday nights.The deep AM (~6pm - 8am). I work full time the other 4 days with 10 hour shifts. I do zero games those days, but i lurk around before bed.
What is your current time zone: EST
Describe any relevant experience, both in moderating and in Warcraft III: Former lead admin of customs at BGN, former ENT Red admin.

BGN former lead admin of customs: For those who do not know, Lead admin in BGN was the second highest position at BGN where I recruited staff members, distributed their bot powers, demotions, etc. Essentially, it is everything a red admin that has zero knowledge of how bots work does. This is where I met art)y.

ENT: I started at ENT a very long time ago. If it makes me feel old, I was here at the same time as Art)y , back when agreements, teller, cyb3rpunk and uafk.b were active and red admins. I started out at a weird position and didn't like it to much and decided to leave until it was stable. I was asked by Cyb3rpunk to rejoin and I did. I rose in the ranks to the position of Red Admin due to the trust that the admins and uafk.b had in me.

I have an expansive knowledge of the game rules and player tools. I am a bit rusty with admin tool and would have to relearn them. I have huge focus where if I start something, it needs to get done. If the current admins want proof, they can look up flowersnow with how much time i would invest into a case that needs to be solved.

Why do you want to become a game moderator: I believe that it is time that I come back to staff. I see way to much bias and to much bending of the rules to try and take advantage in games. Something that I am 100% against.
Also, my schedule as petered out to become stable and I have a new computer.
What will you bring to the ENT/Warcraft III community: A better gaming experience for everyone. I am also a stickler to the rules. I refuse to let my friends break the rules with me in the game (outside of the games that i am not in, i get pissed when they do). I am always lurking on the forums and warning the admins of spam hieroglyphic posts. My presence would also bring a moderator around during the hours where no moderators are present. I am usually polite and I don't hold grudges. I am straight to the point and it can be a bit harsh, but with an online community full of many different trolls, it is necessary to get the point across.
Closing Statement:
Here are a few posts:
Spoiler!

The rest are to old to be relevant or to new to be used.

A special shout out to @art)y for giving me this opportunity to reapply.

And my lovelies that I always think about: SLSGuennter, Av1oN, Jabba41, Haunt, and to the many people who are not on staff anymore.

thinu
Treant

Re: Matdas

Postby thinu » Sat Mar 25, 2017 1:11 pm

Oh hell no! For sure not a mod material. This dude is exactly opposite of what he claims to be. Whole this app at this time confirms that. He's involved in some bad blooded events that happened lately and after his two banrequests were denied, he fills mod application? Gotta be kidding me. The judges ruled against ur judgement, so now you wanna be the judge? Hell to the no from any reasonable human. Cool down, reapply in half a year.

Biggest NO a person can give.
---
No One Is Perfect...

Mercy

Postby Mercy » Sat Mar 25, 2017 2:32 pm

I recall mat being a fair aand unbiased moderator. I support due to this.

BeerLord
Protector of Nature

Postby BeerLord » Sat Mar 25, 2017 3:03 pm

Has knowledge and experience. Has excellent judgement. Absolutely destroyed gonzo when said knucklehead came into chat room to troll and spam.
Strongly support.

Quetra
Protector of Nature

Postby Quetra » Sat Mar 25, 2017 5:45 pm

While I have no knowledge of how good a mod he was in the past, I respect Mercy/BeerLord's comments that he was and I would assume that's correct. However, I cannot support this app because I believe it has been made for the wrong reasons and in the spur of the moment.

I believe that it is time that I come back to staff. I see way to much bias and to much bending of the rules to try and take advantage in games. Something that I am 100% against.

He has been engaged in arguments with players here and in the first ban request he posted: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=107361

This was just yesterday, and now he has immediately made an application. It is clear that he is angry about how his ban request was handled, and provided that he put in proper work to demonstrate he would be a good moderator, it might be okay for him to apply even if motivated by this incident (although it's obviously going to cause friction in the staff team regardless..) But since he hasn't waited for someone to post a second opinion and is already making an application, plus he has not made any significant effort to be active in the BRQs contributing before making an application (in fact he is making it only 1 day after the incident), demonstrates to me that he has not given this application proper time and thought. Cannot support this application for these reasons.
These users thanked the author Quetra for the post:
thinu (Sat Mar 25, 2017 11:37 pm)

matdas
ENT Staff

Postby matdas » Sat Mar 25, 2017 8:26 pm

thinu wrote:Oh hell no! For sure not a mod material. This dude is exactly opposite of what he claims to be. Whole this app at this time confirms that. He's involved in some bad blooded events that happened lately and after his two banrequests were denied, he fills mod application? Gotta be kidding me. The judges ruled against ur judgement, so now you wanna be the judge? Hell to the no from any reasonable human. Cool down, reapply in half a year.

Biggest NO a person can give.

Let me make this clear to you. The requests were judged. They were not adequately judged in my view. Hence the second opinion. In the second opinion i am verbally assaulted and defend myself through facts. Sorry you cannot get this through your emotional brain. The admin who did the request poorly in my eyes has revealed information to me about his decision and i respect that and the privacy of the moderator and will not just reveal it here.

Civiliznations wrote:While I have no knowledge of how good a mod he was in the past, I respect Mercy/BeerLord's comments that he was and I would assume that's correct. However, I cannot support this app because I believe it has been made for the wrong reasons and in the spur of the moment.

I believe that it is time that I come back to staff. I see way to much bias and to much bending of the rules to try and take advantage in games. Something that I am 100% against.

He has been engaged in arguments with players here and in the first ban request he posted: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=107361

This was just yesterday, and now he has immediately made an application. It is clear that he is angry about how his ban request was handled, and provided that he put in proper work to demonstrate he would be a good moderator, it might be okay for him to apply even if motivated by this incident (although it's obviously going to cause friction in the staff team regardless..) But since he hasn't waited for someone to post a second opinion and is already making an application, plus he has not made any significant effort to be active in the BRQs contributing before making an application (in fact he is making it only 1 day after the incident), demonstrates to me that he has not given this application proper time and thought. Cannot support this application for these reasons.

I am sorry that you feel this way. My posts are in no way against terms of service nor are they offensive or incite any provocation. That said, this is not the place to discuss a ban request. If art)y or hazardous would like more details they can ask and i will provide more details for my actions.

Quetra
Protector of Nature

Postby Quetra » Sat Mar 25, 2017 9:39 pm

I am sorry that you feel this way. My posts are in no way against terms of service nor are they offensive or incite any provocation. That said, this is not the place to discuss a ban request. If art)y or hazardous would like more details they can ask and i will provide more details for my actions.

The significance of the thread is that it seems to be the sole reason for this application since this all took place a day ago (although arguments with users is also a bad sign. You say you were not offensive nor inciting provocation, yet you called one user a hypocrite and making accusations about special treatment)

As you said here:

You say you see way too much bias and bending of the rules (which suggests more than 1 case), but you have made this statement without providing any evidence (you didn't even link that BRQ which seems to have spurred this application, why not?) The correct procedure would also be to post a complaint in our complaints forum so the mod/s actions can be reviewed: viewforum.php?f=10. This is a serious accusation that you have thrown out.

If this application were to be accepted, how would you work alongside the moderator/s that you believe to be 'biased' and 'bending the rules' when you seem to want to become staff so you can decide cases differently? Seems to me like a powder keg waiting to go off. As I say, if you have serious cause to believe that a mod has abused their power once or more times then surely you should have posted a complaint before making an application...

As well as in my opinion, you should be active in the BRQs section (not just as OP) and demonstrating that you still have the dedication and time to do the job, which you have not as of yet. Past experience as mod may be a good sign but it does not mean you will automatically be suitable now. It would be my view that you still need to go through the same hoops other people do in their application. The fact that you have not engaged in this also strengthens my concern that this application was made purely because of the one incident where you disagreed with a mod's decision.
These users thanked the author Quetra for the post (total 2):
thinu (Sat Mar 25, 2017 11:12 pm) • PhyrexianGod (Sat Mar 25, 2017 11:05 pm)

matdas
ENT Staff

Postby matdas » Sat Mar 25, 2017 10:56 pm

Civiliznations wrote:

The significance of the thread is that it seems to be the sole reason for this application since this all took place a day ago (although arguments with users is also a bad sign. You say you were not offensive nor inciting provocation, yet you called one user a hypocrite and making accusations about special treatment)

As you said here:

You say you see way too much bias and bending of the rules (which suggests more than 1 case), but you have made this statement without providing any evidence (you didn't even link that BRQ which seems to have spurred this application, why not?) The correct procedure would also be to post a complaint in our complaints forum so the mod/s actions can be reviewed: viewforum.php?f=10. This is a serious accusation that you have thrown out.

If this application were to be accepted, how would you work alongside the moderator/s that you believe to be 'biased' and 'bending the rules' when you seem to want to become staff so you can decide cases differently? Seems to me like a powder keg waiting to go off. As I say, if you have serious cause to believe that a mod has abused their power once or more times then surely you should have posted a complaint before making an application...

As well as in my opinion, you should be active in the BRQs section (not just as OP) and demonstrating that you still have the dedication and time to do the job, which you have not as of yet. Past experience as mod may be a good sign but it does not mean you will automatically be suitable now. It would be my view that you still need to go through the same hoops other people do in their application. The fact that you have not engaged in this also strengthens my concern that this application was made purely because of the one incident where you disagreed with a mod's decision.

Accidentally liked this while trying to quote from my phone. I will say this just as I told haunt. Read the full statement about being bias and bending the rules in games. At no point did I say a mod was biased. You are trying to turn words around to fit your own Agenda and you need to stop.

Since it is very difficult to make an accurate post i shall answer your post through a series of paragrapghs that match with yours.

Provocative for stating something with links about lying and other stuff sure you can think that. Special treatment: Damn straight he is getting special treatment. and there is an active pm I sent about that which i find would be inappropriate to talk about here. The mod is taking the lies over the facts. Sorry you don't understand facts from lies. I stayed hypocritic with a quote backing it up where user said he never abuses bugs yet there is proof right there that his statement is hypocritical. Not sure how it is provocative when it is backed up. Being provocative is by stating material without substantial evidence to incite a reaction. Eith that I am done explaining myself about defending my position.

One as a former staff member it is an obligation to uphold the face of ENT which is why I will not nor ever post a complaint in the complaints section of ENT. All staff to staff issues are to be done privately. @art)y can attest to this. I did not add that link because the request is still pending. It would be presumptuous to add it in. Not only that it would be inappropriate with the amount of trash that is spoken to me.

There is no bias or bending of the rules by mods. You should read the statement again. As I told haunt I am tired of users being biased about what rules they follow and which ones the bend to suit their own goals in games. With that said refer to my statement about PM's regarding issues with regarding staff members disagreements. They are their to discuss and solve internal issues.

I was asked about a month ago to reapply. Instead of doing it right away I denied it. I didn't want to have the powers nor the frustrations that come with the job. In response to that I kept my eyes open on the forum and spent awhile deciding whether or not to come back to staff. I saw that the mods could use an extra hand. And so I applied. You think that it is one incident, but there are way more reasons that are private and should not be discussed openly. I divulged a bit to one person so far and if the higher ups want me to explain they can pm me. I disagreed with the result not the outcome. There is a difference with what you think and what actually is. Action was taken but not enough. That is the disagreement I have with the decision. Hence why a second opinion was opened. Which is within my rights as a user to do so. I can't help it if you find it insulting that I would open a second one. If I wasn't on my phone I would cite other requests where I disagree with the out come but did not do another request because it would have been a pointless endeavor. However the one I did do is not pointless.

Quetra
Protector of Nature

Postby Quetra » Sun Mar 26, 2017 12:31 am

I don't want to spam your topic and will leave it after this post to others to give input. However I do want to point out some things from your response:

At no point did I say a mod was biased. You are trying to turn words around to fit your own Agenda and you need to stop.

I think it's quite a logical inference to make from your original statement that you were referring to moderator/s when you spoke about bias and rule bending as you never used the word 'user'. I apologise if this was the wrong conclusion to make, though I still find it hard to understand what you mean by that.

There is no bias or bending of the rules by mods. You should read the statement again. As I told haunt I am tired of users being biased about what rules they follow and which ones the bend to suit their own goals in games.

This is what you state you meant: but I still don't understand. I did read the statement, and nowhere did you refer to anything about rule bias. In addition, if players are choosing to follow only some rules and breaking others, that has no effect on what happens when a ban request is submitted for them. If you're not saying mods are biased then presumably they are still going to ban such users for breaking the rules they chose not to follow. Nor do I see why that would be a reason for you to come back to staff as you stated in your original post: if mods aren't the problem then how are you going to fix the 'user bias'?

In addition, you say you are not saying that a mod was biased, but thats exactly what you then go on to talk about in your very next paragraph:

Provocative for stating something with links about lying and other stuff sure you can think that. Special treatment: Damn straight he is getting special treatment.

If you think a user is getting special treatment from a moderator, that's exactly the same as calling a moderator bias... because they're favouring a person over another (you the submitter) and thus being bias.

I was asked about a month ago to reapply. Instead of doing it right away I denied it. I didn't want to have the powers nor the frustrations that come with the job. In response to that I kept my eyes open on the forum and spent awhile deciding whether or not to come back to staff. I saw that the mods could use an extra hand. And so I applied. You think that it is one incident, but there are way more reasons that are private and should not be discussed openly.

If that is the case, then fair enough, I'm glad to hear it. However, my point still stands about doing the legwork in BRQs before making your application.

Hence why a second opinion was opened. Which is within my rights as a user to do so. I can't help it if you find it insulting that I would open a second one.

I never said such a thing. I agree that it is within your rights and also the right course of action (provided you do not abuse the system to waste moderator's time which is not the case here).
These users thanked the author Quetra for the post:
supersexyy (Sun Mar 26, 2017 12:41 am)

BeerLord
Protector of Nature

Postby BeerLord » Sun Mar 26, 2017 12:54 am

He has been a part of this community for 4 years, with over 2000 posts. Though I respect anyone's decision to rely on the last two days to make up their mind, it's not one I would agree with, because I dont think it's fair to him or us to ignore the other 1089.
These users thanked the author BeerLord for the post:
matdas (Sun Mar 26, 2017 4:27 am)

SLSGuennter
Protector of Nature

Postby SLSGuennter » Sun Mar 26, 2017 2:27 am

I honestly didnt look into the "last topic", so much people are people are talking about ^^ Will do soon though :D

Anyway, in the past, he was a reliable and fair mod, who gave fine help and was willing to accept it if he lost an argument. Didnt happen often though ;)
I do not remember why he left the mod-ranks anyway, but i never lost the connection to him and when we played, or he did @ me in a brq, it always was a pleasure.

He didnt do a lot of brq-help in the closer past, but since he doesnt have to show that he is able to make decisions on a mod-worthy-level there, and since he was still playing or filling brq's himself (he wasnt just out of the game for the time since he left ranks), i do not see a BIG problem here.

Last words:
I always thought matdas is a man of his word, and if he says he will be active and helping, then im quite sure he is going to do so.
Thats why i (all in all) support this application.
These users thanked the author SLSGuennter for the post:
Gunther and the Sunshine-Girls. Hell Yeah

CheW
Protector of Nature

Postby CheW » Sun Mar 26, 2017 2:50 am

!support

His history speaks for itself and I have no problems with how he handled his 2nd request thread.
These users thanked the author CheW for the post:
MAGA

lordmillt
Treant

Postby lordmillt » Sun Mar 26, 2017 10:42 am

I remember matdas as a helpful and funny guy, he did a great job as a moderator/red admin back before and I still hope he will be a good mod if he get's accepted, he will always have my support.
Having an unstable internet connection or a high risk of lagging out? Are you tired of losing a won game because you disconnected?
    Do not worry, there are solutions to solve your problem!
    • ENT Connect is a on LAN connection based reconnection tool (no cd-keys needed).
    • GProxy++(Varlock) is a reconnection tool for the battle.net with an external prompt.
    • GProxy++ DLL is a reconnection plugin for battle.net (Recommended).
    For technical issues or questions, post a topic in the technical support forum.

http://www.twitch.tv/linco2 Check it out :=)

Rain-
    ENT Staff

Postby Rain- » Sun Mar 26, 2017 11:23 am

Hes been around for long time and was fair from years back, knows the rules, has mod experience
    Support

aRt)Y
    Protector of Nature

Postby aRt)Y » Sun Mar 26, 2017 4:01 pm

Approved.
      Information, Rules, Guides and everything else you need to know about ENT is on the ENT Wiki.
        Ignorantia juris non excusat • Quis custodiet ipsos custodes? • Fallacy of composition

Return to “Processed Applications”