Snowbear europe

Thank you for applying.
snaebjornah
Armored Tree

Snowbear europe

Postby snaebjornah » Sun Jul 16, 2017 3:05 pm

Name: Snowbear
Game moderator specialty (see below for choices): HellHalt, LTD mega
Brief introduction: ent community is a big part of my daily life now and i wanna do what i can to help
What are your current hours of playing time (approximate): about 5 hours
What is your current time zone: GMT+0
Describe any relevant experience, both in moderating and in Warcraft III: Been and admin on many rust servers, there you gotta see if someone is going according to server rules and if reported then u gotta give warning, ban or let him go. know the rules in many ent server games so that should help me in judging
Why do you want to become a game moderator: want to help keep the community clean and get more experience in being a mod/admin
What will you bring to the ENT/Warcraft III community: cant work because of physical problems so i got allot of time so u get mostly my activity. i will try my best to give good advise and a valid oppinion when its needed and i can learn from mistakes.
Closing Statement: right now im trying to get the HellHalt mode correct, might look like the bad guy reporting so many but people keep doing phac when the default is hpac. A personal mission for me is that im gonna try to revive the fortress survival community, loved that map

my ban requests:

ban request i answered:

halo_mauler
ENT Staff

Re: Snowbear europe

Postby halo_mauler » Tue Jul 18, 2017 8:13 pm

Been very active in the Hellhalt community since he returned a few months ago known him 2-3 yrs. Trustworthy, smart, and active. Support

FalenGa
Oversight Staff

Postby FalenGa » Tue Jul 18, 2017 8:56 pm

Hello snaebjornah,

I believe you rushed your application a little bit. You've offered your opinion in 7 ban requests, with most of them being wrong mode or flaming. Those are the easy ones, and can't really help us understand if you are ready, if you can handle harder requests, or even if you can maintain your activity and enthusiasm.

You should try to review offenses like team killing, anti stuck abuse, juggling, the more "advanced" stuff. Only then we will be able to form a valid opinion on you.

If you have any questions regarding the above, or any other matters, don't hesitate to approach any of the staff. We are more than happy to help, in any way we can.

snaebjornah
Armored Tree

Postby snaebjornah » Wed Jul 19, 2017 12:46 am

i just saw on the forum that you had to have 25 posts to send an application, if it was to soon then i will just resend one later. but can i send a spoiler of bigger cases (new and old) in the comment with only harder than mode bans? would that help for this application?

Merex
Oversight Staff

Postby Merex » Wed Jul 19, 2017 5:16 pm

Couple of things to be said here -

I'm seeing a lot of HELLHALT and nothing much else. I see you did comment on a DotA ban request but that was regarding chat-log offense. An ENT moderator is able to review every game genre that makes it's way into the ban request section, regardless if you play it or not. Another thing I'm finding is lack of accuracy to be simple, if you need specifics there's an inconsistency in how you address yourself which gives me the idea that you're a bit lazy so-to-speak.

Another and more pressing issue on my plate is that you are lacking proper english. I like to think of all my fellow ENT moderators as properly structured in their typing including punctuation, grammar and spelling, for professional reasons. And indeed, most if not all do contain such and I'm just not seeing enough of that with you. I see many grammatical errors, lack of formal structuring and it's just to me not ideal for a potential ENT moderator.

Lastly, your application is just lacking spirit. Effort. We need to know that you want this job. While it may be voluntary, you are becoming part of the image that is ENT and contributing to what it stands for. If you'd like to be a part of the helping cause and join our team, you should be able to give us more than what you've provided. Maybe a glance at some older applications will help give you an idea on this area.

So with all this being said, I'd like to see you improve on the following -
  • More reviews in different game genres.
  • More accurate and detailed reviews.
  • Improvement on your typing structure, including grammar.
  • Longer application, generally just more effort.

So for the time being, I'm going to have to be !against this application. I feel there are just too many pressing issues and as FalenGa said, it just feels rushed.
The Slap God - An EoC Story
  • ENT Rules, Guides and more can be found on our Wiki.
  • Contact the staff & interact with others by joining our Discord.
  • Now available: Host A Game UI.

CheW
Protector of Nature

Postby CheW » Wed Jul 19, 2017 6:36 pm

I am with Av1oN in that I would like to see more reviews for different games. I would also like to see a variety of offenses being reviewed, not just reviews that can be done by solely looking at the chat log. I see you have some DRM experience and I feel like it would greatly help your chances if you showed you are capable of doing a lot more on it than just see if someone is AFK. Until then I cannot support.
MAGA

Jabba41
Protector of Nature

Postby Jabba41 » Thu Jul 20, 2017 1:00 pm

You need more practice and experience in reviewing BRQ and using DRM.
You rushed a little with that application, provide more reviews that show us youre capaable of reviewing BRQ properly and you will be ready sooner than you think.

Feel free to ask for help in discord anytime.
Send me your best Sloth pictures for instant unban*

*individual results may vary

snaebjornah
Armored Tree

Postby snaebjornah » Thu Jul 20, 2017 4:09 pm

i got allot to learn and im willing to but i wanted to join to help mainly in HellHalt cases and secondary in LTD cases. But if that is not what you guys are looking for then i guess i will just keep doing comments on hellhalt cases.

aRt)Y
Protector of Nature

Postby aRt)Y » Fri Jul 21, 2017 6:17 pm

snaebjornah wrote:i got allot to learn and im willing to but i wanted to join to help mainly in HellHalt cases and secondary in LTD cases. But if that is not what you guys are looking for then i guess i will just keep doing comments on hellhalt cases.
Your post contradicts itself.

Did/do you
a) only wanted to become a mod to do hellhalt or
b) wanted to become a mod to do hellhalt with the possibility (and motivation!) of processing other genres?

I dont mind the reasons for you applying. You are not perfect, no potential moderator is that. You get hired to work with us, to improve and to mature. The only thing we need from you is the dedication and motivation to do what an ENT moderator should do.

If you, however, feel that you can't provide that - and that's an honest and fair statement - then we usually tend to deny such applicants.
    Information, Rules, Guides and everything else you need to know about ENT is on the ENT Wiki.
      Ignorantia juris non excusat • Quis custodiet ipsos custodes? • Fallacy of composition

snaebjornah
Armored Tree

Postby snaebjornah » Fri Jul 21, 2017 6:55 pm

well it would be b, gonna take a while to get the rules and gameplay of all the games you got, would mostly do hellhalt while doing a few others to get me going in that game. Might even start playing a few game after doing some ban requests. but i will most likely always focus on hellhalt, its was making hellhalt community better that made me start wanting to be a mod. If i'm asked to do a case or my opinion i will study the case and rules for that case thoroughly. When you guys ask if i have allot of motivation or passion, my answer will be not allot, my body is to sick to work so i got allot of time on my hands, i started doing requests and i liked doing them then someone pointed out that i could become a mod and i liked the idea. if you are looking for someone really dedicated for this i am not the person. all i got to offer is my time and i will have allot of time for a long time.

i always like to try and learn new things, that is probably the biggest motivation i got for everything. I like to think that i'm always honest and say my opinion even if its bad or not, i might become a mod then not like it later then i will let you know in stead of slacking or avoiding responsibilities

PS. like i said earlier i got plenty of time so if you don't want to agree to this now then i don't mind, i will just try again later if i still want to become a mod then

matdas
ENT Staff

Postby matdas » Fri Jul 21, 2017 8:09 pm

At this time I am against this application. I find that you need to expand your genre from just hell td. For example, try out some dota, castle fight, burbenog td and troll and elves. Once you get a variety of games and basic knowledge of these games then you would be ready for a position.

Rain-
ENT Staff

Postby Rain- » Sat Jul 22, 2017 2:29 pm

Agree with matdas, snowbear was willing to learn and was nice guy overall . But I also believe that he can learn few more things before the mod job. Not every games but just have general ideas in most games would help alot. Once this is taken care of , id support it full

aRt)Y
Protector of Nature

Postby aRt)Y » Sun Jul 23, 2017 1:19 pm

[G-Dragon] wrote:Agree with matdas, snowbear was willing to learn and was nice guy overall . But I also believe that he can learn few more things before the mod job. Not every games but just have general ideas in most games would help alot. Once this is taken care of , id support it full
I agree with the moderator's opinion.

While I understand that serving the HELL TD community is important to you, I also want you to understand that an ENT moderator serves the entire community and not just a fraction of it.
Whether you are an expert in any given genre is not asked but simply having a clue about what to do with such ban requests is necessary.

Considering we talked about motivation, this is now your time to prove us that you indeed want to serve ENT in its entirety. Feel free to reapply!
    Information, Rules, Guides and everything else you need to know about ENT is on the ENT Wiki.
      Ignorantia juris non excusat • Quis custodiet ipsos custodes? • Fallacy of composition

Return to “Processed Applications”