Keelay Uswest.battle.net

Thank you for applying.
Keelay
Forest Walker

Keelay Uswest.battle.net

Postby Keelay » Mon Jul 17, 2017 3:27 am

Name: Keelay
Game moderator specialty (see below for choices): LTD Mega
Brief introduction: Have been playing LTD for years, if not decade. Love what ENT has done and the community within. The reliability of having a game and not fearing leavers [all the time] is amazing.
What are your current hours of playing time (approximate): 700+ hrs
What is your current time zone: Pacific Standard
Describe any relevant experience, both in moderating and in Warcraft III: I've been active on the forums for a small while now, I care about the community and that the rules are followed. I think that a game should be fairly matched and I'm tired of games where there's a handicap from people using abuse.
Why do you want to become a game moderator: It's like seeing someone breaking a driving rule and wishing a police officer was nearby to write a citation. I want to be able to make a difference in the community and helping those that are already "officers" who may be short on hand. The experience would also be exciting and a good learning opportunity.
What will you bring to the ENT/Warcraft III community: Honesty and mind for fair play. Even in a violated rule helps my game, I feel it is important to hold all players accountable. I think integrity is an important skill for all players to have and i hold it close to my heart.
Closing Statement: What is integrity? Many say: "Doing the right thing when no one is looking." I disagree. I'd say: "Doing the right thing, always."

Experience:
viewtopic.php?f=24&t=113897&p=446338#p446338
viewtopic.php?f=24&t=113936&p=446337#p446337
viewtopic.php?f=24&t=113816&p=445960#p445960
viewtopic.php?f=24&t=113686&p=445578#p445578
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=113645&p=445235#p445235
viewtopic.php?f=24&t=113648&p=445201#p445201
viewtopic.php?f=24&t=113644&p=445200#p445200
viewtopic.php?f=24&t=112924&p=442742#p442742
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=113990&p=446476#p446476
Last edited by Keelay on Mon Jul 17, 2017 4:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Fate is fluid. Destiny is in the hands of man.

FalenGa
Oversight Staff

Re: Keelay Uswest.battle.net

Postby FalenGa » Mon Jul 17, 2017 4:03 am

Hello @Keelay ,

Thank you for your interest in helping out our community. To help the process move faster, please edit your post above, and include the ban requests and maybe appeals that you've provided a review/assistance in.

Albi
Treant Protector

Postby Albi » Wed Jul 19, 2017 3:25 pm

Hey @Keelay . I would like to see you review other games too. You comment only on LTD cases and i want to see you contribute to the other games too.
Till then i cannot support this application

Merex
Oversight Staff

Postby Merex » Wed Jul 19, 2017 5:33 pm

I'm with Moderator Albi here - I see a lot of LTD and nothing much else. As I've said in another pending application, every game moderator is able to review any game genre that makes it's way into the ban request section, regardless if you play it or not. We need to know that you can uphold that part of the job just as much as the others.

Following that, I have an issue of my own I'd like to address with you and that is using people's statistics. We here at ENT don't favor any more nor less based on their W/L or such. It's possible for a player with 1 game to ruin and have full awareness of what they're doing (Factoring in the possibility of a Smurf account) and I feel using that in (some) of your requests just isn't necessary. This concern of mine however is a minor one and it's easily adjusted.

Last concern is your application is just missing some sentences, possibly paragraphs in some areas. I'd like to see more effort into the application itself since you are trying to join the moderation team. To be more specific - I'd like to see a better introduction then the one you've provided. Tell us a bit about yourself, who you are perhaps just something in that area. I'd like also like some more reasons behind why you'd want to be a moderator. The scenario provided is insightful but it isn't grasping at what you yourself believe why you should be accepted. Over-all, just more effort perhaps a couple of more sentences in both would be helpful to your application.

That being said, I'm holding off on against/support for the time being. You're free to improve/adjust while your application is still pending.
The Slap God - An EoC Story
  • ENT Rules, Guides and more can be found on our Wiki.
  • Contact the staff & interact with others by joining our Discord.
  • Now available: Host A Game UI.

CheW
Protector of Nature

Postby CheW » Wed Jul 19, 2017 6:29 pm

While I don't expect everyone to review every type of game, even though you might have to, I would at least like to see some DotA games reviewed by you. As it seems you are most comfortable with LTD games, if you show me you are willing to step outside your comfort zone and review a variety of DotA infractions I might be able to support this. Until then I cannot support.
MAGA

Keelay
Forest Walker

Postby Keelay » Thu Jul 20, 2017 2:40 pm

@CheW @Av1oN @Albi I've commented on a few DOTA games, and will continue looking thru them. It doesn't have quite as many specific rules as LTD or Hellhalt, but I'll do my best. Any other games that I should study? Castle Fight/Hellhalt/LTD Hell/Hero Siege etc?

CheW
Protector of Nature

Postby CheW » Fri Jul 21, 2017 5:44 pm

@keelay

You should try and be able to take care of all games and still put some more reviews in on DotA.

On another note, who is AbradolfLinclear?
MAGA

Keelay
Forest Walker

Postby Keelay » Fri Jul 21, 2017 5:49 pm

Abra is an ol buddy of mine who recently started checking into ENT (After hearing some of my complaints about people ruining games). Did he do something on here? :/

I'll review all the games that I can to the best of my ability, thanks for the feedback. :D

aRt)Y
Protector of Nature

Postby aRt)Y » Fri Jul 21, 2017 6:04 pm

@Keelay Does your mate only play at your house and only posts from your house?

I also have few other questions:
* What's your Discord name?
* Have you been in any Warcraft 3 clans before or did you do any other similar community service?
* What are you doing for living at the moment, if you don't mind sharing?

As Av1oN correctly pointed out, your application is missing substance and I would appreciate if you could add a bit more to it.
    Information, Rules, Guides and everything else you need to know about ENT is on the ENT Wiki.
      Ignorantia juris non excusat • Quis custodiet ipsos custodes? • Fallacy of composition

Keelay
Forest Walker

Postby Keelay » Fri Jul 21, 2017 6:11 pm

He has this past week. I have the internet at my place that holds much better than his. His 1.5 mb up and 0.5 down lags quite a bit vs. my 50 up 50 down. Abra has no connection to WC3 without playing at my place. He'd much prefer Battlefield 4 or Smash bros.

Discord -- h4ird0g_xi
Clans -- Negative; most community service that I've been involved in has been manual labor
Living -- on and off jobs till Mid august when I'll return to School pursuing a Business Degree (as a supersenior :O).

bezdak
Corrupted Treant

Postby bezdak » Sat Jul 22, 2017 1:15 pm

I can't support this app.
His behavior is totally not fitting a mod function. He flames in game, puts himself above others, ignores prematurely and likes to use a !slap command in an annoying way.
"Flame don´t make people play better" - Wolke

Keelay
Forest Walker

Postby Keelay » Sun Jul 23, 2017 3:38 am

I am open to agreeing with @bezdak. My attitude and behavior is not suited to the ranking of Staff or Moderator. Perhaps in time I will be able to grow out of this behaviour. Until then, thank you for the review. I will do my best to grow up from these childish actions and reconsider at a later date.

aRt)Y
Protector of Nature

Postby aRt)Y » Sun Jul 23, 2017 1:15 pm

Keelay wrote:Perhaps in time I will be able to grow out of this behaviour.
You are on the right path. :)

Thanks for applying. Feel free to do so in few weeks/months when you feel ready.
    Information, Rules, Guides and everything else you need to know about ENT is on the ENT Wiki.
      Ignorantia juris non excusat • Quis custodiet ipsos custodes? • Fallacy of composition

Return to “Processed Applications”