WolfPackMama@europe.battle.net

Thank you for applying.
WolfPackMama
Forest Walker

WolfPackMama@europe.battle.net

Postby WolfPackMama » Thu Nov 09, 2017 10:32 pm

Name: WolfPackMama
Discord name: Apheraz_Lucent
Game moderator specialty (see below for choices): Highly experienced in both DotA and LTD maps, tho more in the first than the latter.
Brief introduction: Hello guys :) Name's Nat, tho some of you may know me from the Hive Workshop/IBCE Team as Apheraz_Lucent. The moment I've entered gaming world is when I had a difficult time, and I needed something to steer my mind away from all the chaos happening - and that's when my best friend Sasha gave me a copy of Diablo II game which just came out. This was the moment I feel in love with Blizzard games. I've been playing Warcraft III ever since it's release, and was interested to see that it had a moddable part of it as well. From about 7 years backwards from today, I've started doing small maps, doodles, and found the Hive Workshop. I used to be on the staff on THW for over two years, moderating 2D Art and community business. I'm a recognizable name and a respected member there, with over 2.200 reputation points beneath my wings, and a bit over 3.500 posts. I've helped, and still am, to nurture and grow some projects up, most notable ones being Hero Siege RPG, Impossible Bosses, Oasis and Desert 2, Roguelike, ...
What are your current hours of playing time (approximate): Usually, anywhere in between two to six hours per day, depending on my schedule, and the question of are the kids staying at my place.
What is your current time zone: GMT +1 (UK London Time Zone)
Describe any relevant experience, both in moderating and in Warcraft III: Playing Warcraft from day 1. Extremely proficient in all the map's tidbits such as how aggro works, standard AI behavior, pathing, colision possibilities, creep behavior based on level system, and so on. Very experienced in mapping itself, ranging from general design over to codes, snippets and systems.
On the modding experience, over two years as a moderator on Warcraft's largest modding site (THW), also a chat moderator there at the time.
Why do you want to become a game moderator: BeerLord proposed me the offer to become a moderator some time in the past, which I said I'll consider if I feel like accepting more of, well, "responsibility". I have some more time up my sleeve, and I'd like to see if what is requested of me to do, works for me and my style, and if I as a whole, work for your tastes.
What will you bring to the ENT/Warcraft III community: As a mother of three, I must admit it'd be very fine ways of saying very nasty things :) Jokes aside, I believe I have the necessary attitude to deal with just about any situation.
Closing Statement: [/brag] [/momjokes] :)
Don't hesitate to ask up if you've any.
Mother of three gals who call themselves "The Wolf Pack", hence the name :)

Zeratul

Re: WolfPackMama@europe.battle.net

Postby Zeratul » Fri Nov 10, 2017 10:15 am

Atm you got pretty much 0 forum activity ... While ENT did drop the requisites to become an ent moderator, having 0 reviews and little to none forum activity shows nothing for them to judge on your capacity of handling brqs & making decisions/judgements over cases.

So until you show some activity (including the usage of moderation tools, such as DRM/DRMF), cant rly give you any support here :S

FalenGa
Oversight Staff

Postby FalenGa » Fri Nov 10, 2017 10:19 am

Hello WolfPackMama,

First of all, thank you for your interest in helping out the community.

In order for you to join the moderation team, it is crucial that you prove to us that your knowledge of the rules and your overall behavior is at a certain level.

To achieve that, you must provide your review in several of the pending ban requests. Watch the replay, find the violation(s), note them, and sum it up by giving your opinion on whether or not the accused should be banned.

There are also tools you'll have to get acquainted to, such as DRM. You can find further info regarding DRM on our wiki.

If you have any questions, or find yourself in need of assistance, please, don't hesitate to ask me, or any of the staff.

WolfPackMama
Forest Walker

Postby WolfPackMama » Fri Nov 10, 2017 11:12 am

BeerLord
Protector of Nature

Postby BeerLord » Fri Nov 10, 2017 4:44 pm

One of the reasons I approached you was because your ban requests were well written, detailed, and demonstrated a thorough knowledge of the game and the rules that govern play here. I am glad you have applied. If you could spend the next couple of weeks commenting on ban requests and appeals that are pending, that would also give us an indication of your judgement and reason. Please dont hesitate to pm me if any questions arise during this process.

Essenze
Donator

Postby Essenze » Fri Nov 10, 2017 6:14 pm

I like this application, however, I can't support it right now because you haven't been enough active in the BRQ/BAP section. You've done requests, but you also need to do reviews/appeals, which is ENT's main job. I would greatly suggest you to start doing so though!

Good luck ^^.

Zeratul

Postby Zeratul » Fri Nov 10, 2017 9:32 pm

Ur last brq is dated from october 18th (almost a month ago) and the following one is dated from august (2 months before that one) - so when i meant you got no activity, i meant recent brqs (posted or reviewed by you) -> quoting brqs from 2-3+ months ago just confirms back what i stated (It does show your knowledge, but also shows your inactivity :P )

Mb ENT is no longer looking for a current/stable activity (as they did in previous staff apps) - and if that is the case, excuse my comment ^^

WolfPackMama
Forest Walker

Postby WolfPackMama » Fri Nov 10, 2017 10:33 pm

Alright then, I shall apply when I get a more active pressence on the forums.

aRt)Y
Protector of Nature

Postby aRt)Y » Sun Nov 12, 2017 12:48 pm

WolfPackMama wrote:Alright then, I shall apply when I get a more active pressence on the forums.
Specifically, the ban requests and appeals sub-forums.

Do you have the time to further involve yourself with ENT in the next weeks or would you like to postpone your application?
    Information, Rules, Guides and everything else you need to know about ENT is on the ENT Wiki.
      Ignorantia juris non excusat • Quis custodiet ipsos custodes? • Fallacy of composition

WolfPackMama
Forest Walker

Postby WolfPackMama » Sun Nov 12, 2017 11:48 pm

Let us postpone it then.

On the other side of the plate, however, I do have a question to ask. What do you require of your moderators to do?

bezdak
Corrupted Treant

Postby bezdak » Mon Nov 13, 2017 8:34 am

That depends on how high in the staff hierarchy you plan to get, after accepting it's pretty much just ban request reviewing and banning/unbanning, finding dodgers, in-game moderation, helping people in forums and Discord in general, stuff like that... Also it's a voluntary work - you don't have to feel obliged to do much work - it's up to you how much time do you invest into it.
"Flame don´t make people play better" - Wolke

aRt)Y
Protector of Nature

Postby aRt)Y » Mon Nov 13, 2017 5:40 pm

@bezdak There's no hierarchy though; you get additional roles based on your skills and time.

Postponed.
    Information, Rules, Guides and everything else you need to know about ENT is on the ENT Wiki.
      Ignorantia juris non excusat • Quis custodiet ipsos custodes? • Fallacy of composition

Return to “Processed Applications”