karils@useast.battle.net

Thank you for applying.
Karils
Treant Protector

karils@useast.battle.net

Postby Karils » Sat Nov 11, 2017 12:50 am

Name: Nathan / I go by karils across many platforms
Discord name: karils#7991
Game moderator specialty (see below for choices): Primarily LTD, with only 133 games on this account, I have definitely played more than double that total. I used to play on an account called blackmamba, but have since lost access/went inactive for too long on it.
Brief introduction: I'm a junior year university student studying criminology, I recently quit streaming and am on a job search so I'm currently unemployed. I play Super Smash Bros. Melee, Warcraft III, and PUBG. Since I quit streaming and Runescape which I streamed, I've come back to Warcraft III and became more active on ENT forums to pass time that I have outside of school work/job search and applications, etc.
What are your current hours of playing time (approximate): I'd estimate that my actual play time is from ~7pm to 12am EST, but sometimes I stay on later.
What is your current time zone: I live in Michigan, in EST time zone.
Describe any relevant experience, both in moderating and in Warcraft III: The only experience I can say I have so far as moderating goes would be moderating twitch chats if that is applicable. Primarily in this case, it would be the thousands of hours I've modded my own twitch chat over at twitch.tv/karils.
Why do you want to become a game moderator: I've been active on ENT hosted games off and on for definitely longer than my account join date suggests, but have only recently become active on Warcraft III again. As a player, when I first made a BRQ after coming back I saw the amount of requests that weren't being responded to in what I'd consider a timely manner, and it bothered me. Not in a sense of being annoyed at the mods, but in the sense of someone actually has to do something about that if the rules/ban requests are to mean anything at all.
What will you bring to the ENT/Warcraft III community: I'd hope to bring another active hand at processing BRQ posts, primarily for LTD, to help lessen the load for other mods as well as help prevent certain types of players from repeatedly causing problems within ENT games.
Closing Statement: I realize that I haven't been actively posting reviews on BRQs and Appeals for that long, but considering the age of my account on these forums I'd hope that some of that could be overlooked. Recent days of my activity are likely what could be expected for the future, assuming no other circumstances arise. I've been learning to use the DRM/DRMF tools to review with, and definitely have room to learn more, but I've attempted reviewing some DOTA BRQs to test my ability in reviewing those as well. I'm active on discord as well, and have taken direction from other mods such as CheW, Jabba, and Unitil. (Unitil originally was the one that sent me the link to DRM, CheW was the first that actively conversed with me about BRQs and reviews)

I'll post links to BRQs and Appeals that I have bookmarked below; I will only be including ones which I have bookmarked, but there are a couple prior to me actively posting and are noticeably lower quality as well.

Processed BRQs/an appeal which I participated in:

Non-Processed BRQs I've reviewed:

I'll also leave a gyazo link to something from discord:

https://gyazo.com/32345e145b2152362095cfa0f5c4ba94

CheW
Protector of Nature

Re: karils@useast.battle.net

Postby CheW » Sun Nov 12, 2017 3:24 am

I support this app for at least a trial run. Has a good knowledge of LTD and from the few LTD games I have reviewed after them they were spot on. Doesn't have the best DOTA knowledge but most DOTA requests don't require an extensive knowledge of the game. Also is willing to learn new methods such as DRM and DRMF and has shown competence with it after minimal use.
MAGA

bezdak
Corrupted Treant

Postby bezdak » Wed Nov 15, 2017 12:40 am

Although he's still got a lot to learn, he is good enough to accept - communicates, asks for help, adapted to a DRM usage pretty damn well.

!yes from me.
"Flame don´t make people play better" - Wolke

HodoR_
Forest Walker

Postby HodoR_ » Thu Nov 16, 2017 2:26 am

I'm no ENT staff, just some random cannon fodder on the forums here. But I must say, this guy takes his job seriously and gets the work done.
X3 Yes
These users thanked the author HodoR_ for the post:
Karils (Thu Nov 16, 2017 4:26 am)
Hold the door!

null
Donor: Enterprise Exorcist

Postby null » Fri Nov 17, 2017 8:46 am

Considering there is plenty of BRQ's to do, giving karils an opportunity to help out and lessen that burden - is definitely worth.
Discord ID: null#2675

KiwiLeKiller
Treant Protector

Postby KiwiLeKiller » Fri Nov 17, 2017 10:55 am

Looked plenty of the ban requests he reviewed and most of them, if not all, include a clear and fair ruling based on a thorough review of the game and the chat logs. Shows a good attitude and knowledge of the tools such as DRM.

It is a !support from me. Good luck and thank you for your interest towards the community!
"in a moment of extreme passion"
- Beastman (2017)

Arcanium
Treant Protector

Postby Arcanium » Fri Nov 17, 2017 11:37 pm

His reviews are most impressive work. They are well written, in-depth and fair which shows he clearly has and further wants to put his time and effort into the ENT community. He has shown good DRM usage, and I've only seen improvement since his first few. The extra hand would also be very helpful.

CheW said he doesn't have the best DotA knowledge but his LTD is spot on. With most of the ban requests pending being LTD, would make him a perfect addition.

!support
"Being an asshole is always fun" -Haunt 2k17

Jabba41
Protector of Nature

Postby Jabba41 » Sat Nov 18, 2017 2:52 pm

!Support

needs to learn but is a cool guy to work with so we can teach while he's a mod.
Send me your best Sloth pictures for instant unban*

*individual results may vary

aRt)Y
Protector of Nature

Postby aRt)Y » Sun Nov 19, 2017 3:42 pm

Approved.
    Information, Rules, Guides and everything else you need to know about ENT is on the ENT Wiki.
      Ignorantia juris non excusat • Quis custodiet ipsos custodes? • Fallacy of composition

Return to “Processed Applications”