Thank you for applying.
Desire
ENT Staff

DreadEasy@useast.battle.net

Postby Desire » Thu Nov 16, 2017 10:22 pm

Name: Adrian
Discord name: DreadEasy#0441
Game moderator specialty (see below for choices): LoD and DotA
Brief introduction: I'm from Canada Toronto, been living here all my life. I gots a spanish background and can speak/read some decent spanish. Currently studying to become an accountant or a programmer. I like playing WC3 whenever I have freetime. Just chill, grab a drink, play some music, and have fun. Also like watching anime, not as much now though. Been playing WC3 for almost a year now ever since my return. Before that I played WC3 for 6 years. DotA was my specialty.
What are your current hours of playing time (approximate): It honestly depends, roughly 2-8 hours a day. Usually 6-8 hours on weekends.
What is your current time zone: EST
Describe any relevant experience, both in moderating and in Warcraft III: No experience moderating. Clan/clan discord leader at the moment.
Why do you want to become a game moderator: Moderating experience. I want to give this "Moderator Candidates" program a try. Also in obvious intentions to get rid of rule breaking users and try to help them understand the rule they broke. I usually find myself helping other people to understand the concept of the rule they broke/about to break.
What will you bring to the ENT/Warcraft III community: I'd love to bring a friendly new guy to the team. I'd also like to bring another insight on ban requests for a better proccesed request. I take these type of things pretty serious if it comes to that. The idea is to represent ENT as a friendly and genuine environment.
Closing Statement: Hopefuly I can learn and adapt quickly on how to moderate. I feel like it will be a cool and fun thing to do.

These users thanked the author Desire for the post:
Essenze (Sun Nov 19, 2017 9:17 pm)

aRt)Y
Protector of Nature

Re: DreadEasy@useast.battle.net

Postby aRt)Y » Sun Nov 19, 2017 3:25 pm

@DreadEasy Hey, thanks for applying.

DreadEasy wrote:Currently studying to become an accountant or a programmer.
Arent that two entirely different fields? How will you make the choice which one to choose? :p

Do you have any siblings?
    Information, Rules, Guides and everything else you need to know about ENT is on the ENT Wiki.
      Ignorantia juris non excusat • Quis custodiet ipsos custodes? • Fallacy of composition

Desire
ENT Staff

Postby Desire » Sun Nov 19, 2017 5:01 pm

aRt)Y wrote:
DreadEasy wrote:Currently studying to become an accountant or a programmer.
Arent that two entirely different fields? How will you make the choice which one to choose? :p

It all depends on this years first semester. I'm leaning more towards accounting at the moment.

aRt)Y wrote:Do you have any siblings?

Yeah I have 3, One of them stopped playing and the other two like playing DotA.

null
Donor: Enterprise Exorcist

Postby null » Mon Nov 20, 2017 4:44 pm

Hello Adrian!

Whats your favorite map in Warcraft III? Dota? Could you also describe yourself in 3 words? : )

By the way, do you feel confident in being a moderator? Do you think you can make the correct decisions in most cases? Everyone makes mistakes, but it's important that you learn from them. Do you think you're capable of that?

DreadEasy wrote:Hopefuly I can learn and adapt quickly on how to moderate. I feel like it will be a cool and fun thing to do.

It's good that you feel being a moderator is cool and fun. Adapting might take a while depending on how hard it is for you personally, but you will have other moderators you can ask in case you get stuck somewhere. So don't make rash decisions, asking is crucial and it's a part of learning!

Just a piece of advice to increase your chance of being approved;

Try to get a bit more activity going. Get more BRQ's or Ban Appeals done, show us how you review different kind of maps, and what you would do. And it's great that you're applying with the mind of making ENT community a brighter place, but for that task, you need to show a bit more dedication.

So while you're waiting for a decision on your application, you can show us your dedication meanwhile by reviewing more BRQ's or even Ban appeals.

Other than that, I wish you good luck!

edit: If possible, try to act a bit more professional as well.
Last edited by null on Thu Nov 23, 2017 8:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Discord ID: null#2675

Karils
Treant Protector

Postby Karils » Wed Nov 22, 2017 11:31 pm

I'm a new mod, so my opinion may be weighted however you choose.

While I think it looks like you have the ability to either be a mod or become a mod, your activity on the forums seems to be somewhat intermittent. You applied on the 16th, your first review on a BRQ after that wasn't until the 20th. Also, the closest BRQ review you made prior was on the 9th, so it's a bit more spread out than your post count seems to suggest.

No posts have been made by @dreadeasy in two days now on the forums either.

I think you should put this off until you can be consistently active, particularly in regards to dealing with reviewing BRQs and appeals. I know personally that you have been active in WC3 and on discord as I've spoken with you directly, but it doesn't seem like the two go hand in hand for you.

Desire
ENT Staff

Postby Desire » Thu Nov 23, 2017 12:37 am

Thanks for the feedback so far really appreciate your concerns. @null @karlis :)

Right now i'm super busy in the next 2 days so I might not even have time to do reviews. I got nulls feedback on the 20th and then tried to make some more reviews and even appeals which some i'm still waiting to be processed. I want to have an updated list of all of my new brqs and appeals as soon as possible. I'm also keeping in mind the mistakes I have made in my failed reviews.

Sorry for the lack of proving myself, I'll try to be more active in actually writing than just reading.

CheW
Protector of Nature

Postby CheW » Thu Nov 23, 2017 12:52 am

Please review some LTD and Hellhalt games and show some knowledge of the DRM/DRMF. Right now your only reviews are for LOD/DOTA. Until I see a little more activity and more games than just DOTA reviewed I cant support.
MAGA

Essenze
Donator

Postby Essenze » Thu Nov 23, 2017 4:43 pm

DreadEasy wrote:Thanks for the feedback so far really appreciate your concerns. @null @karlis :)

Right now i'm super busy in the next 2 days so I might not even have time to do reviews. I got nulls feedback on the 20th and then tried to make some more reviews and even appeals which some i'm still waiting to be processed. I want to have an updated list of all of my new brqs and appeals as soon as possible. I'm also keeping in mind the mistakes I have made in my failed reviews.

Sorry for the lack of proving myself, I'll try to be more active in actually writing than just reading.

You're fine, no stress. As you can see, some of us can be inactive at times and it's understandable, we all have real lives. For now I can tell your reviews are pretty good looking and informative. When you have more free time, try and keep going. Wish you luck ^^.

!support
These users thanked the author Essenze for the post:
Desire (Sat Dec 02, 2017 3:19 am)

Desire
ENT Staff

Postby Desire » Sat Nov 25, 2017 5:37 pm

These users thanked the author Desire for the post:
Essenze (Sat Nov 25, 2017 10:41 pm)

Zeratul

Postby Zeratul » Wed Nov 29, 2017 2:33 am

I've known this bobo for a while now (we spoke a couple of months ago, when he started developing interest in the brq section, specifically how certain cases should/would be handled, trying to get a general idea of how it is done), so i'm not surprised to see your staff app at this time :)

From what we've spoken so far, he seems to have the right attitude/personality for the position, and his reviews seem to reveal he can actually 'think' instead of just following guidelines (I could explain further, but most understand what i mean hopefully); He also seems to be picking up on activity, and learning different game genres

My only advice here would be to show some DRM usage on some of the brqs you're reviewing (i'm sure you already learned how to use it, but would be nice to see some 'public' usage of it, just to be sure :P)

Might need to sharpen some stuff here and there, but overall, he definitely shows potential to become a good moderator, so for what it's worth, you have my support =)

Good luck bobo!

Rain-
ENT Staff

Postby Rain- » Wed Nov 29, 2017 4:43 pm

Have checked few of his review, they were accurate, and we could use a hand on team
Only thing id like to see in future is more drm usage in review but that is in future im sure he can learn it
Support for trial :D
These users thanked the author Rain- for the post:
Desire (Sat Dec 02, 2017 3:20 am)

aRt)Y
Protector of Nature

Postby aRt)Y » Mon Dec 04, 2017 5:32 pm

Approved.
    Information, Rules, Guides and everything else you need to know about ENT is on the ENT Wiki.
      Ignorantia juris non excusat • Quis custodiet ipsos custodes? • Fallacy of composition

Return to “Processed Applications”