Anda
LIHL Staff

Anda@useast

Postby Anda » Thu Nov 23, 2017 11:27 pm

Name: Anda@useast
[b]Discord name: Anda#2815
[b]Age:[31]
[b]Game moderator specialty (see below for choices) LIHL
[b]Brief introduction:I guess most people from LIHL know me. My name is Dom and i am a kindergardener/ school teacher very soon to be finished. I like working my experience on ent and LIHL so far and would like to contribute
[b]What are your current hours of playing time (approximate):[ca 2-6 hours per day, sometimes more]
[b]What is your current time zone:[cest
[b]Describe any relevant experience, both in moderating and in Warcraft III:
none in moderating, been playing legion td for many years and Lihl some time aswell.
Why do you want to become a game moderator: I am here because i feel some major distress in LIHL at this moment which was not there to the degree when i applied. I talk to mods in private and other LIHL members about it , and many people see the same flaws going around.I care LIHL and would like to make it as fun and enjoyable for the WHOLE community as it should be, and was for me when i started. After some long discussions ifigured out id rather try to solve the problem by taking a bit of responsibility then nagging about what is going wrong IMO
What will you bring to the ENT/Warcraft III community: Not sure what to write here, since legion td is the only game i play on warcraft.
Closing Statement:
This is kinda a shortcut apply, ive thought about it for a long time and just something pushed me over the top in recent LIHl history. I am not without flaw, some people say im 2 kind or 2 soft hearted to be a mod and others say i do not know the game well enough to judge all situations.I definitely make mistakes, get emotional and feel offended . Rage is not a thing i do and i doubt i really ever will. Some people might genuinely not like me, but im willing to work for EVERYBODY in LIHL and not only the people i consider friends. From my job i kinda have a high standard in social behaviour and also a high tolerance of stress in social groups. The thing i care about is the social aspect of the community, to make it enjoyable for everyone and put a standard of maturity and respect towards others back on the table. LIHL is a competetive league, but we are all human beings and you need to treat everybody with a minimum of respect that you would show them in your personal life aswell. I do not know if i am fit for this position, but i am willing to give it a try and work with everybody to support this goal. I also find vouch request interesting, but skillwise i am not a top player, but still would like to help. Ive also played with new trials pretty frequently to get to know them and try to integrate a bit into the community and have an open ear.

Im_Halp
Treant

Re: Anda@useast

Postby Im_Halp » Fri Nov 24, 2017 12:27 am

Anda has always been kind to me, even without knowing me but knowing of me. He was one of the handful who supported me, fought for me to get a trial, and eventually accepted in lihl. Even when i do not exhibit adequate behavior anda has kept a level head and spoken with me to help me understand what I should have done compared to what I did. I have not known him too long so I will not make any statements about his nature overall; his attitude towards me has always been kind and patient. He has guided me towards the right path each time I appear to have fallen off the tracks. Im not sure if Lihl needs another mod, since I have been there for barely a minute, but I am pretty sure that Anda would be a great addition to any Ent Staff.

Kreutertee
Treant

Postby Kreutertee » Fri Nov 24, 2017 1:08 am

Well, here goes for nothing:

1. You're nice and try to get along with everyone. While it's a benefit as a player, it probably might be a disadvantage as mod.
  2. You probably have to get used to the idea of being disliked or even hated by some or many.
  3. I suppose you can be objective and enforce punishments accordingly, in particular to people who you'd call a friend. Guess it's easy to unvouch someone you don't like, but it gets harder when it comes to friends. Objectivity and neutrality should be your highest goal!
  4. Skillwise I think you're the weakest so far compared to your predecessors (in no particular order: dia, mick, nore, ace, n1ll3, ...). While it won't matter for your normal day duties (dc pen, leaver, etc.) it might matter some when it comes to vouch requests. I feel like too many low-skilled players have been vouched in the past, for various reasons.
    Yet you're good enough to play LIHL and therefore probably know enough to judge others or spot possible/obvious mistakes.
  5. Since current LIHL mods are somewhat swamped, supporting them and easing their workload seems to be a good idea. Kudos!

Bottom line, I support your application.

Good Luck.

dweiler
Plague Treant

Postby dweiler » Fri Nov 24, 2017 7:46 am

I am here because i feel some major distress in LIHL at this moment which was not there to the degree when i applied. I talk to mods in private and other LIHL members about it , and many people see the same flaws going around.I care LIHL and would like to make it as fun and enjoyable for the WHOLE community as it should be, and was for me when i started. After some long discussions ifigured out id rather try to solve the problem by taking a bit of responsibility then nagging about what is going wrong IMO

Just wondering, what are the things that you see going wrong at the moment, and what do you think you can do as a mod to change that?
Last edited by dweiler on Fri Nov 24, 2017 9:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
You don't stop playing because you grow old; you grow old because you stop playing.

n1ll3
Treant

Postby n1ll3 » Fri Nov 24, 2017 8:50 am

I would be happy to welcome Anda as a lihl mod. So here is my support.

1. He is maybe not the most skilled player but hes a good one and he can for sure judge if a player is ready for lihl or not.
2. I agree what is said above about his behavior and i think Anda would be an enrichment for us.

TeachRolls
Armored Tree

Postby TeachRolls » Fri Nov 24, 2017 10:59 am

In my opinion LIHL currently does not need another moderator since the recent events you're referring to aren't caused by a lack of moderation but rather stem from the players themselves. I see players who appear to be satisfied being members of LIHL while for me it's always been clear that you not only have to participate but also guarantee improving as a player and a member of this exclusive community. The problems pile up when the better players can't tolerate the lack of effort from said group anymore and begin to call them out, which would be reasonable if their output was appropriate and recently this has not been the case.

I think Anda is a very pleasant character but I would rather see LIHL implement a panel to consult with when necessary. For instance, a group of people equipped with advanced game knowledge to assist with Vouch Requests and people equipped with the correct characteristics to assist with penalizing and development (=LIHL Community Trustees). I would strongly value a system like this over another moderator.
TeachRolls

Diablo_
Protector of Nature

Postby Diablo_ » Fri Nov 24, 2017 7:50 pm

Kreutertee wrote:Well, here goes for nothing:

1. You're nice and try to get along with everyone. While it's a benefit as a player, it probably might be a disadvantage as mod.
  2. You probably have to get used to the idea of being disliked or even hated by some or many.
  3. I suppose you can be objective and enforce punishments accordingly, in particular to people who you'd call a friend. Guess it's easy to unvouch someone you don't like, but it gets harder when it comes to friends. Objectivity and neutrality should be your highest goal!
  4. Skillwise I think you're the weakest so far compared to your predecessors (in no particular order: the awesome diablo, mick, nore, ace, n1ll3, ...). While it won't matter for your normal day duties (dc pen, leaver, etc.) it might matter some when it comes to vouch requests. I feel like too many low-skilled players have been vouched in the past, for various reasons.
    Yet you're good enough to play LIHL and therefore probably know enough to judge others or spot possible/obvious mistakes.
  5. Since current LIHL mods are somewhat swamped, supporting them and easing their workload seems to be a good idea. Kudos!

I can sign this post, got the same opinion/feeling.
Bottom line, I also support the application.
-----
LIHL player parser, a tool to automatically parse LIHL players' Elo and create reports for it: CLICK

Anda
LIHL Staff

Postby Anda » Fri Nov 24, 2017 8:57 pm

Your Idea is pretty good Teach, and i also believe that would help LIHL more then 1 new mod only. However, we need quite a big amount of people willing to put effort and time into reaching these goals which i do not believe we have. I hope i will be proven wrong since i genuinely like your idea.
In a perfect world i would like LIHL to be a high skill inhouse league with mannered, kind and open minded people, veterans showing respect to new trials and viseversa, trials coming in being eager to learn as much as possible and prove that they belong in the community by elevating their own skills and learn to contribute to the LIHl playstyle and community and not playing the same way they did on the public bots. Everybody would be happy with the decision the moderation takes and how they are treated and respected as a member.
But this is a goal that will never be achieved ofc, but as a mod i will try to work towards implementing the idea of fairness and minimum respect towards one another and comprehensibility for the leagues problems. We are all persons, we act based on mind and feelings ( some more then others :D )
So far from my experience there are a lot of reoccuring opinions here which i would like to work on :
1. The Gap of gameskill between Top players and Bot players should not be as big as it is at the moment. I would like to imply a higher minimum standard of continuous gameplay AND a minimum standard of social behaviour. We are not savages here. Be that with unvouching x amount of players for lack of skill or behaviour going back to trial / out of lihl to work as an extreme measurement. I do not think that is to be accepted that people constantly deliver highly under LIHL quality games and get little consequence from it, nor people Bullying others to measures i would never tolerate in real life. Why would we allow it here ? To clarfiy this, i absolutely support the Idea of unvouching solely based on hard flame / bullying as a punishment as last resort measure.
2. Improving The Comprehensibility of the Moderation Staff and the Community on their choices and Judgements .
I understand that every mod has his own style, opinion experience etc but lately ive heard more recent then before what mod XY did there is not fair, illogical out of proportion or contrary to the rules but i feel powerless because they wont do anything about it anyway. This is not how people should feel. Also Moderators should not be seen in this way at all since it is their free time they spare and try to help the best of their abilities for the Community for Zero dimes.Disagreeing with a moderations choice and having an own opinion is natural, and i guess most people think of themselves rather as victims then being part of a problem or an offender. Making a not optimal judgement as a moderator is natural aswell, though can only be minimized by fair criticism and helpfull feedback.Everyone is human, everyone makes mistakes, but since Mods have the final say on decisions they should be as clean and compliant for everyone to understand the judgements reasoning. I would like to work towards the goal that people get more trust in the moderation staffs decision making by having an open ear for those members that feel they have no chance to get their view taken seriously. All of our Mods work on best intentions toward the community, and i would like that to be felt in the community
These are pretty much my 2 biggest goals which i would like to work towards here in LIHL
i am very curios how the Moderators work intern and see if i can contribute to making this a better place to spend our time. Also in general i believe an uneven amount of mods is a good thing to make easier majority decisions ( afaik we have 4 atm) I do not know if i will reach anything or i am just waisting my time, but i like to give it a try and contribute my part of being a solution for those problems i see.
These users thanked the author Anda for the post:
dweiler (Fri Nov 24, 2017 9:50 pm)

dweiler
Plague Treant

Postby dweiler » Fri Nov 24, 2017 9:53 pm

Snowblind wrote:Your Idea is pretty good Teach, and i also believe that would help LIHL more then 1 new mod only. However, we need quite a big amount of people willing to put effort and time into reaching these goals which i do not believe we have. I hope i will be proven wrong since i genuinely like your idea.
In a perfect world i would like LIHL to be a high skill inhouse league with mannered, kind and open minded people, veterans showing respect to new trials and viseversa, trials coming in being eager to learn as much as possible and prove that they belong in the community by elevating their own skills and learn to contribute to the LIHl playstyle and community and not playing the same way they did on the public bots. Everybody would be happy with the decision the moderation takes and how they are treated and respected as a member.
But this is a goal that will never be achieved ofc, but as a mod i will try to work towards implementing the idea of fairness and minimum respect towards one another and comprehensibility for the leagues problems. We are all persons, we act based on mind and feelings ( some more then others :D )
So far from my experience there are a lot of reoccuring opinions here which i would like to work on :
1. The Gap of gameskill between Top players and Bot players should not be as big as it is at the moment. I would like to imply a higher minimum standard of continuous gameplay AND a minimum standard of social behaviour. We are not savages here. Be that with unvouching x amount of players for lack of skill or behaviour going back to trial / out of lihl to work as an extreme measurement. I do not think that is to be accepted that people constantly deliver highly under LIHL quality games and get little consequence from it, nor people Bullying others to measures i would never tolerate in real life. Why would we allow it here ? To clarfiy this, i absolutely support the Idea of unvouching solely based on hard flame / bullying as a punishment as last resort measure.
2. Improving The Comprehensibility of the Moderation Staff and the Community on their choices and Judgements .
I understand that every mod has his own style, opinion experience etc but lately ive heard more recent then before what mod XY did there is not fair, illogical out of proportion or contrary to the rules but i feel powerless because they wont do anything about it anyway. This is not how people should feel. Also Moderators should not be seen in this way at all since it is their free time they spare and try to help the best of their abilities for the Community for Zero dimes.Disagreeing with a moderations choice and having an own opinion is natural, and i guess most people think of themselves rather as victims then being part of a problem or an offender. Making a not optimal judgement as a moderator is natural aswell, though can only be minimized by fair criticism and helpfull feedback.Everyone is human, everyone makes mistakes except mickey ofc he is greatest mod, but since Mods have the final say on decisions they should be as clean and compliant for everyone to understand the judgements reasoning. I would like to work towards the goal that people get more trust in the moderation staffs decision making by having an open ear for those members that feel they have no chance to get their view taken seriously. All of our Mods work on best intentions toward the community, and i would like that to be felt in the community
These are pretty much my 2 biggest goals which i would like to work towards here in LIHL
i am very curios how the Moderators work intern and see if i can contribute to making this a better place to spend our time. Also in general i believe an uneven amount of mods is a good thing to make easier majority decisions ( afaik we have 4 atm) I do not know if i will reach anything or i am just waisting my time, but i like to give it a try and contribute my part of being a solution for those problems i see.

I think this is exactly what we want. Support!!
You don't stop playing because you grow old; you grow old because you stop playing.

Vendeta
Treant Protector

Postby Vendeta » Sat Nov 25, 2017 2:19 am

!support

Nothing else for my dazzler!

I think he can stay objective, can contribute a lot to lihl community as a mod, deal with a lot of things, and still be a nice guy ;)

GL with moderation Anda <3
D.S. 1989

FadingSuns
Treant Protector

Postby FadingSuns » Sat Nov 25, 2017 2:50 am

Fk i forgot to post here.

Well basically and resuming. !fullsupport

nicolai123
Treant

Postby nicolai123 » Sat Nov 25, 2017 8:56 am

!support for sure, probably the greatest personality i've ever met in LTD

Jamo
Treant

Postby Jamo » Sat Nov 25, 2017 10:39 am

Ofc I full support my Anda as well!

TinSoldier
Treant Protector

Postby TinSoldier » Sat Nov 25, 2017 12:09 pm

well i guess i will be the buzzkill here and !nosupport. Nothing against Anda personally, as everyone said here he is a friendly guy. I just don't think we need that in LIHL right now. Skillwise i will also put anda in the lower tier of LIHL, once again nothing personal but just my own unbiased opinion. For me, vouch requests and keeping lihl competitive are biggest issues right now and i don't think Anda as mod will be conducive towards that.

Looking at the most recent vouch requests, Anda supported almost all the "controversial" vouches. Not just supported, but argued and debated on their behalf considerably and it even seems to become personal in some cases
Snowblind wrote:please clear this out, i have never have had any issue with him behaviour wise whats happening here ?

in response to people commenting on halps behaviour (nothing against halp, but just to show an example)

Snowblind wrote:just had a game again with him, he did listen to advise from WHOLE team, ask everybodys opinion, asked several times for build advise and discuss tactics, wasnt hard headed or force anything. In the end it was my failcall that lost us the game, but thats not important here. I do not think that he is represented in these replies here fairly, cause most people will only comment if they do NOT want someone vouched imo. Just forget for a few weeks that his name is halp and you have history with him from 1200 bot , and try see him as blank space. He is NOT unbearable as a teammate and tbh i was accepted when i played worse than him. This seems pretty personal to me

again from save vouch req, showing complete disregard for other peoples opinion while pushing his own anecdotal evidence as the truth.

Snowblind wrote:i respect you nico, but what you are saying is simply not true and im positive i have more games with him then you did overthe last months.

on another vouch req, once again saying it nicely, but effectively discounting another players opinion in substitution of your own, its cool to stand up for your friends and speak on their behalf but reading through your comments on these vouch requests, i sincerely feel it becomes too much of a personal issue for you, and this will effect your objectivity as a lihl mod.

Another point which concerns me, is that Anda you are the type of person who prefers to be liked. While as a friend and person this is a great quality to have, as a lihl mod i fear you will not have what it takes to make the tough decisions, or the easy ones.

These examples i posted coupled with your "too nice" personality is the reason you dont have my support. I want lihl to remain competitive and i feel anda you will not provide that peace of mind for me.
These users thanked the author TinSoldier for the post (total 2):
nicolai123 (Sat Nov 25, 2017 4:19 pm) • Anda (Sat Nov 25, 2017 3:42 pm)

Anda
LIHL Staff

Postby Anda » Sat Nov 25, 2017 4:17 pm

Thank you Tin for the input, and i do understand what worries you about me and can understand it from your point of view.
I agree that skillwise i am not a top player and my biggest concern is also that i will have problems judging the game situations right and i agree that skill in the game gives you advantageges as being a mod. However i would like comment on some certain problems you see with me , my personality or my style.
You are right to say that i support more trials then unsupport, but that is because of my personal history which i explained once before. I got my trial at a point where i was not ready for LIHL, but i got the chance to improve , catch up and learn from all of you. Especially you helped me a lot during trial .. This is the benefit of a doubt i as a MEMBER of the league would like to provide to everybody if he is close enough to get accepted, this grey area worked good for me. This is the benefit of only being a member, you can give opinions that are just opinion based and are not bound to make a decision, it is to help mods to calculate THEIR decision and leave feedback.This is the tough part of being a mod that you have to make decisions you personally dont like / would not do , but you still have to do them.
in my day to day job i do that all the time, i rate people based on their behaviour and skills, not on my personal emotions toward them.Some people you genuinely dislike, a lot you feel affection for, but it does not cloud my view on things ( at least all the feedback ive ever got on my job in that regard was never an issue) I believe i can bring that kind of judgement to lihl aswell, but if you do not feel the same way because of your past experiences with me that is your right and all okay. I am what you genuinely would call *kind*, but i also rate people objective and fair on a daily basis. a Problem is you quote me from many pages long vouch request and it is hard to understand my intention by just a few lines or just one simple post.I admitted that i got too personal in my support for vendeta and halp because i felt they were not given a fair chance from their behaviour from 1200 and i consider Vendeta a close friend here, Halp i did not know before his trial.When i am wrong, i admit and i say it afterwards, most time i apologiz at least that how i always try to do.
You are also right that i like being kind because i try to treat everybody the same way i would like to get treated by them. That does not mean that i am the type of person that likes being liked in general. I stand for my point, i make it and if people feel sympathy or antipathy is just the way it comes. My way of communication is just a very different way then i see a lot of people use here. I am not someone that says something to be liked or gain hey good job man replies or whatever. I try to act on my best knowledge and if that comes of as to nice for you, that is okay. I prefeer to be nice over being a bully, as long as i can do it by making my judgement clear.
That i disregard other peoples opinions if they are contrary is not a thing that happen alot to me. I usually say okay that is MY experience , cause i know that people treat each other different.Mostly i say xyz is my view how i experienced it. With nicos post i made a wrong judgement and i admitted to it pretty much immediately. As i said i make mistakes, but i try to minimize them. If more people feel i am not fit for this i hope they come here and post it, that why i also posted on lihl forum that id like to get as much feedback as possible be it negative or positive.
Thank you for an honest unsupport due to good reasoning, if i should get the chance to mod i hope to prove you wrong.

Return to “Processed Applications”