Thank you for applying.
aimskjs
Forest Walker

leavemealone@useast aka aimskjs

Postby aimskjs » Wed Jan 17, 2018 1:03 am

Name: David Kim
Discord name:leavemealone
Brief introduction:
What are your current hours of playing time (approximate): minimum 2hrs everyday
What is your current time zone: EST
Moderation skills/experience for the following game(s): I forgot the league name 9 years ago it should be dxd. I had been an mod for few months before quitting dota.
Ban Requests/Appeals (links): viewtopic.php?f=25&t=108596&p=427338&hilit=Aimskjs#p427338
Describe any relevant experience, both in moderating and in Warcraft III:
Why do you want to become a game moderator: I want to become a mod just for dihl because I love to play with current dihl players and feel that we need someone to manage for the league to be more active with new players in the future.
What will you bring to the ENT/Warcraft III community: dihl is in trouble with new system which players need to queue to join next game and new players need someone to help playing with current players.
[b]Closing Statement:[/b I do not need power for regular league game. If you promote me just for dihl, I will be happy to help our dihl community get better with fairness for everyone

Merex
Oversight Staff

Re: leavemealone@useast aka aimskjs

Postby Merex » Wed Jan 17, 2018 7:21 pm

Support. DIHL is in need of new mods and based what I've gathered/look through, he'd be good to add with DIHL.
The Slap God - An EoC Story
  • ENT Rules, Guides and more can be found on our Wiki.
  • Contact the staff & interact with others by joining our Discord.
  • Now available: Host A Game UI.

Rain-
ENT Staff

Postby Rain- » Wed Jan 17, 2018 8:05 pm

Support . Active player and fair player

Hash
Poison Treant

Postby Hash » Wed Jan 17, 2018 9:17 pm

Looks like hes pretty active and well liked throughout the DIHL players, as well as passionate about the league. !Support

cashmeoutside-
Armored Tree

Postby cashmeoutside- » Wed Jan 17, 2018 9:18 pm

Support! When it comes to rules and regulations, David's suggestions in the past have always been practical and logical. He is also #1 Crystal Maiden if you need tips.

Brando
Forest Walker

Postby Brando » Thu Jan 18, 2018 3:12 pm

!against

Had a run in just yesterday - Leavemealone@useast had no idea how to handle the situation and instead went to a completely bias approach. His friend (Slipperyslark whom as you all know as the FORMER and extremely power abusive DIHL mod) had ruined a game with no reprocussions and the only thing He/she had to say about it (Leavemealone@useast) was "he's was the chosen captain of the team he can do whatever he wants" . So because someone ASKS for the blue/pink slot they are immortal? This incident forced many people to leave after this inexcusable lack of judgement . If this player was already a "dihl mod" You sure as hell would be seeing another post in the complaint section about the horrific things that goes on when he's "lobby leader". Since the poster is rather old (34) I suspect he could still have common sense and change from this but right now I doubt it.

aimskjs
Forest Walker

Postby aimskjs » Thu Jan 18, 2018 10:02 pm

If anything happens in game should be considered and solved in manner. Or we can discuss it after game instead of bitching in game

KingKar
Forest Walker

Postby KingKar » Thu Jan 18, 2018 10:26 pm

!neutral

I dont support but at same time dont agree at all what brando said. Pink/Blue are always captains and decide who plays which hero/lanes/items.
You have to listen and respect captain of your team every game. This is actually the main rule in DIHL. When I played captain Leavemealone switched my entire lane strategy, which ruined my plan and team got smashed. I was upset about this. This is only problem I have, Aims if you listen to your captain im sure you would make a good DIhL mod.

HolyBear
DIHL Staff

Postby HolyBear » Fri Jan 19, 2018 2:04 am

I support Leavemealone for mod position. Hes a great leader, talented in game, and most importantly an active member both in public and in-house games. I think he'll be a great asset to ENT/DIHL. :)

cashmeoutside-
Armored Tree

Postby cashmeoutside- » Fri Jan 19, 2018 7:11 am

Brando's comment is laughable. Leavemealone's conduct in this game was perfectly fine and if anybody wants to review the game for themselves here's the link https://entgaming.net/findstats.php?id=10266163. If anything, I was the one who wasn't thoughtful enough in handling the situation.

What actually happened:
Brando was laning mid and got ganked. He got mad because his teammate was standing nearby watching while he died (when in fact said teammate coudln't really help because he was out of mana). He then proceeds to pause the game and threatens to rage quit.

Cashmeoutside tells Brando that he will be permabanned if he quits the game (because he has ragequit many times before).

Leavemealone actually inquires for more information. After Brando gives a response of what happened, Leavemealone reiterates that Brando can't leave the game without getting banned. In addition, he tells Brando that he can post a ban request on the forum after the game if he feels like it.

Leavemealone isn't a mod, so he really couldn't do anything more than what he did to help handle the situation. Also, he never said "the chosen captain of the team can do whatever he wants". If you read the chat log, he said that if he was promoted to mod, he would make it a rule that you must listen to captain around hero assignments.

For those interested, here's the long version of what happened:
3:48 - Brando insults captain out of nowhere
4:30 - Brando picks nerubian assassin when the captain, SlipperySlark, intended for him to play spectre
4:40 - SlipperySlark asks in all chat if refusing to listen to captain is against rules
5:03 - Cashmeoutside- says that it's an unofficial rule.
5:15 - Leavemealone states that if he's promoted to mod, he will make it an official rule. He also says that if you don't like what your captain orders, you should captain instead (this is relevant because Brando does not like captaining)
5:30 - Brando ignores leavemealone
7:00 - SlipperySlark decides to go mid to try and gank sniper. He is unsuccessful.
8:00 - A sentinel player wraps around to gank mid. Nerubian Assassin dies to this gank. SlipperySlark didn't have mana to stun and would have unlikely been able to save Brando.

8:30 - Brando complains in all chat that SlipperySlark watched him die
9:00 - SlipperySlark farms lane while Brando is reviving
9:35 - Brando pauses the game and threatens to leave the game if nothing is done

9:40 - Cashmeoutside tells Brando if he leaves he will get permabanned.
9:40 - Leavemealone asks Brando for more informatino (who is ruining his lane and how exactly so)
9:40 - Brando replies that SlipperySlark watched him die
9:40 - Leavemealone repeats Cashmeoutside's directive that leaving is not acceptable and will result in a permaban for rage quitting. He also states that Brando is free to post a ban request against Slark on the forums after the game.

aimskjs
Forest Walker

Postby aimskjs » Fri Jan 19, 2018 6:51 pm

KingKar wrote:!neutral

I dont support but at same time dont agree at all what brando said. Pink/Blue are always captains and decide who plays which hero/lanes/items.
You have to listen and respect captain of your team every game. This is actually the main rule in DIHL. When I played captain Leavemealone switched my entire lane strategy, which ruined my plan and team got smashed. I was upset about this. This is only problem I have, Aims if you listen to your captain im sure you would make a good DIhL mod.

I’m sorry kingkar. I do not understand your statement. Did I ruin your lane before? If I did, I did NOT mean to do. I alway listen to my captain which is my most important thing to play in dihl. I believe that most of captain pick me first after smoker cold brando mumix and cash because I try to do my best with my captain. If captain tell me what to do when I am not playing like what captain expect from me, I alway try to fix. If I bother you at lane which captain didnt want, I apologize.

Anyway, thank you to tell brando what he thinks wrong.
Last edited by aimskjs on Fri Jan 19, 2018 7:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

aimskjs
Forest Walker

Postby aimskjs » Fri Jan 19, 2018 7:01 pm

Thanks Cashmeoutside. This is great post and clear evidence how I handled the trouble with brando and splipperyslark. I do not have any bias with all dihl players. I only like to talk about the fact with current situation and the player’s history in the past. Everyone can see the chat log and there is no harrassment or hating to Brando. I tried to listen what exactly happen and suggest to consider it after game with report on forum. Its in house league and dota is a team game with 10 players. We need to respect each other and do not ruin a game for rest of players who are not in trouble just because of your personal issue with other.

Zeratul

Postby Zeratul » Fri Jan 19, 2018 11:33 pm

Besides all the detailed info from Cashmeoutside, you can also read the chatlog of the game lobby after ( http://storage.entgaming.net/replay/dow ... 266225.txt ) and see that the behaviour from multiple players was discussed there, so i cant rly understand Brando's post (or reasoning at all).

Anyways, i've played with (and against) leavemealone/aimskjs, and never had a single problem at all him - cant say league-wise (but again, the league is not exactly the pope in terms of behaviour so).

He will be a good addition to the team imo

MuMiX
DIHL Staff

Postby MuMiX » Sat Jan 20, 2018 12:10 am

The whole issue with that brando game started when brando issued command "!ignore slipperyslark", so in fact brando did not see SlipperySlark's request for brando to play Spectre, so that's how he ended up picking nerub. Thats why we have a rule that you can't !ignore your own team. Aims handled the situation somewhat OK but of course there is always room for improvement in asking the right questions, listening, making sure you understand the situation and what has or has not realllly happened.

The issue with the aims / king.kar game was simply that when king.kar was captain he was getting strong pushback by his players on the initial lane assignments. King.Kar finally gave in and said "ok fine". But thing is, the Captain has the authority to make the final decision, so in the end it was king.kar's responsibility to say hey Team, I hear you, but my final call are these lane assignments. Aims did not ignore any final decision made by the captain, he simply voiced his concerns (which clearly should be allowed) and the captain ended up listening to the suggestions, for better or worse. Point being, I find no fault with aims in that game.

To how aims and Cash handled that situation in particular or situations in general, I can't say they are professional diplomats, but they in general do a good job of looking at situations objectively and making the best decision they can. We all will have to work on listening better and in staying fair in enforcing the rules. The thing about aims, cash, and myself is that we are all easy to talk to and easy to reason with. Maybe we will make a mistake (unintentionally), but let us know and we will listen and try to do better next time.

WolfPackMama
Forest Walker

Postby WolfPackMama » Sat Jan 20, 2018 10:04 am

I'm neutral on this one, mostly due to the fact that DIHL needs new faces to promote it.
Nothing personal against you, but I don't think it's wise to have moderation team formed from people that are in the separated class that we are trying to dilute from DIHL momentarily.

That being said, you mentioned you're longer time in DIHL community. It is not convincing that you're doing this for "general good" if you haven't did much before in the system you knew was dysfunctional. Care to elaborate on why are you trying to do so now?
Mother of three gals who call themselves "The Wolf Pack", hence the name :)

Return to “Processed Applications”