Jamo
Treant

Jamo@USeast for LTL Mod

Postby Jamo » Tue Jan 23, 2018 10:51 am

Name: Jamo
Discord name: Jamo#4383
Game moderator specialty (see below for choices): LTL
Brief introduction:
My name is Manuel, I am from Germany, currently located in Hamburg but will move to the Netherlands soon. I am a physicist, like photography and playing Warcraft 3. I'm a friendly and open person, so ask me stuff if you wanna get to know me.
What are your current hours of playing time (approximate): 1-10 (played a lot recently on free weekends. During week, I'm often busy but still like playing 1-2 games in the evening)
What is your current time zone: CET
Describe any relevant experience, both in moderating and in Warcraft III: I have been a Moderator and Admin on a lot of websites and forums already. Basically each time I commit to something, I at some point became Moderator of that forum because I wanna help out and I basically never get in trouble with anyone. I owned or administrated countless numbers of websites already, although all this stuff slowly diffused out of my in the last years. I guess you all know how this goes when you get "older"... ;)
Something to say about WC3? I started playing it again like 2-3 years back just for fun. Found LTD, which I never knew before (how the heck?!) and now I can't stop playing...
Why do you want to become a game moderator: I don't wanna see LTL die! I love the idea and would have started it myself if Fate, Kiwi etc wouldn't have done it already. I know this league concept from foosball games and think it fits to LTD perfectly. And also it connects 1200+ (or even Mega) and LIHL players, also cool.
What will you bring to the ENT/Warcraft III community: My time and myself. Hehe, don't really know what to add here.
Closing Statement:
I said it already, I will only do it, if there will be a 2nd Moderator with me. And maybe my application motivates someone else who wants to play LTL himself to apply as well. I think that would be way nicer than if ENT tells one of their Moderators to do it and then they are not fully committed. However, I wanna point out that also my time is limited. In the next months I will be super busy, I will move, get a new job etc. But I wanna help keep LTL alive and if nobody else feels he can do it, I will at least try. I would cancel current season, restart it. Go back to some old rules, especially when sheduling matches but with the rest I would need to get more familiar first.

That's it.
Jamo

HazarDous
Staff Department

Re: Jamo@USeast for LTL Mod

Postby HazarDous » Tue Jan 23, 2018 2:52 pm

Hi, @Jamo

Thanks for your application.

What are your ideas to bring the league back on its feet?

Jamo
Treant

Postby Jamo » Tue Jan 23, 2018 3:22 pm

Well, I think current season was killed by i) too open sheduling (it simply doesn't work giving us players so much free responsibility) ii) Xmas break and iii) Mod inactivity. So, I think when some Mods start working on it again, people will get interested as well. But I would completely cancel current season. Go back to fixed weekly-shedules. I also thought about having two weeks time to find a match-date and then overlapping them by 1 week. To get more flexibility but not making the overall shedule too long. I don't know if this makes things too complicated. It has to be easy to remember. Every Sunday there should then be announcements what games have to be played upcoming week.
Get new sign-up period (and teams). Reduce number of games back to 3 (making 3 games fit into your shedule is 45 mins less to plan than 4 games...). I don't know what maximum number of ppl in team is currently, but I would limit it to 6.
But I also would wanna read through differences of 1st and 2nd season again and Kiwi also said we could look into the survey they made. Maybe some ideas can develop then.

Anda
LIHL Staff

Postby Anda » Tue Jan 23, 2018 3:39 pm

I believe he has the character and mindset to be a good moderator. Gl for you to bring LTL back to life
These users thanked the author Anda for the post (total 2):
Jamo (Tue Jan 23, 2018 11:45 pm) • Panopticon (Tue Jan 23, 2018 4:10 pm)

iamyoursenpai
Treant

Postby iamyoursenpai » Tue Jan 23, 2018 4:11 pm

100% support for this application, kind and mannered guy!
These users thanked the author iamyoursenpai for the post:
Jamo (Tue Jan 23, 2018 11:46 pm)

Panopticon
Treant Protector

Postby Panopticon » Tue Jan 23, 2018 4:11 pm

From what I've seen from a few of his recent replays, I'm agreeing with Snowblind on the mindset/character. He also seems to be one of the friendlier players out of that community.
These users thanked the author Panopticon for the post:
Jamo (Tue Jan 23, 2018 11:45 pm)
PSA: Bigtits = Iambackk

tinker_666 = ta-ta

raizoir
DIHL Staff

Postby raizoir » Tue Jan 23, 2018 6:56 pm

Have played with Jamo he is well mannered.

Good ideas above, I for one didnt get to play in LTL so looking forward to seeing LTL back up and running

Whilst I can't mod LTL, should you be accepted, feel free to message if you need any help or to brain storm ideas.

+1 support
These users thanked the author raizoir for the post:
Jamo (Tue Jan 23, 2018 11:44 pm)
SexyBrains2 / magic.niglet

aRt)Y
Protector of Nature

Postby aRt)Y » Tue Jan 23, 2018 8:31 pm

What brings you to the Netherlands?
    Information, Rules, Guides and everything else you need to know about ENT is on the ENT Wiki.
      Ignorantia juris non excusat • Quis custodiet ipsos custodes? • Fallacy of composition

KiwiLeKiller
Treant Protector

Postby KiwiLeKiller » Tue Jan 23, 2018 10:22 pm

I definitely support Jamo for LTL mod. He offered his help back in the days when we were talking about creating this league and he always had some good ideas about it. He is one of the greatest person I've met here on ENT.

I also think like Jamo, that LTL should be more of a spontaneous event (with maybe 1-2 seasons per week *year) and less of a continuous thing. However, it would still need work from moderators during the off-season, which I am sure Jamo can provide, since he has always been very active in the past years.

To sum it up, this is a !support from me. If there is anything, you can hit me up on Discord at any time.

Kiwi
Last edited by KiwiLeKiller on Wed Jan 24, 2018 12:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
These users thanked the author KiwiLeKiller for the post:
Jamo (Tue Jan 23, 2018 11:44 pm)
"in a moment of extreme passion"
- Beastman (2017)

Jamo
Treant

Postby Jamo » Tue Jan 23, 2018 11:46 pm

aRt)Y wrote:What brings you to the Netherlands?

work ;)

Are u from there?

Meshtar
Treant

Postby Meshtar » Thu Jan 25, 2018 2:33 pm

One of the most level-headed and reasonable people I have ever played with. I have never seen him be anything but mannered, constructive and nice in games, forum and discord. If he is ready to put some time and work into LTL, I think accepting him as a mod should be a no-brainer.
These users thanked the author Meshtar for the post:
Jamo (Thu Jan 25, 2018 3:49 pm)

Jabba41
Protector of Nature

Postby Jabba41 » Thu Jan 25, 2018 3:16 pm

jamo was a part of my dreams last night, no joke. not sure if that's a good sign or not.......

besides that I think he's a good addition / start for the new team :)
These users thanked the author Jabba41 for the post:
Jamo (Thu Jan 25, 2018 3:49 pm)
Send me your best Sloth pictures for instant unban*

*individual results may vary

Jamo
Treant

Postby Jamo » Thu Jan 25, 2018 3:50 pm

Jabba41 wrote:jamo was a part of my dreams last night, no joke. not sure if that's a good sign or not.......

uhm creepy? :?
No details please :lol:

HazarDous
Staff Department

Postby HazarDous » Thu Jan 25, 2018 10:33 pm

Approved.

Return to “Processed Applications”