osug
Treant

osug@europe.battle.net

Postby osug » Thu Mar 01, 2018 10:41 am

Name: osug
Discord name: osug#6509
Game moderator specialty (see below for choices): ID

Brief introduction:
Hello. I am Doro and I am from Germany. Currently I study combined science (I'm becoming a teacher) and I studied maths and biology a few years before. I'm trying to be as objective as possible since it is part of my future job. I am also skilled at psychology and are certificated to doing stuff like psychological tests. For me it is important to have a fair play - I like to hear out both sides and then find a solution.
My main problem is probably the English language. I am working hard to improve my skills in English and hoping to get better soon!
I'd describe myself as a very friendly, reflected and objective person. People might could say I am too strategical thinking from time to time.
I also like to spent time drinking beer and cuddling whit my cats.

What are your current hours of playing time (approximate):
My playing time really depends on what I have to do. Normally it ranges from 2-6 hours. I might don't play for a few days if I have much to do for university tho. Nevertheless even then I try to check the forum now and then.

What is your current time zone: central european time

Describe any relevant experience, both in moderating and in Warcraft III:
I have absolutely no experience in moderation at forums but I'd like to give it a try. I got experience at moderating games (pen&paper, "mystery dinner") but nothing I could compare to WC3.

Ban Requests/Appeals (links):

Why do you want to become a game moderator:
I'm enjoying playing WC3 and cannot stand unfair behaviour or people that want to ruin this game.
I want to keep this game a nice experience for all.

What will you bring to the ENT/Warcraft III community:
- Me - a fair and motivated person that has experience with childish behaviour.
- Some cat pictures.
- 'new' ideas like rule improvements (viewtopic.php?f=9&t=124866&start=15)
Closing Statement:
Do not kiss the girl who has a cold.

Panopticon
Treant Protector

Re: osug@europe.battle.net

Postby Panopticon » Thu Mar 01, 2018 3:20 pm

Has my support.

From what I've seen with @osug,they do try to keep it clean, and they do seem to have an objective standpoint on ban requests/appeals.

Also, the ID community does need a few more moderators, with the increase in game ruiners, though it wouldn't hurt if they can do other games as well.

Plus, you can never not be in the mood for cat pictures.
PSA: Bigtits = Iambackk

tinker_666 = ta-ta

KamiKadse
Armored Tree

Postby KamiKadse » Thu Mar 01, 2018 3:56 pm

I'm all for it. Never seen Osug do anything against the rules and we need more ID mods that play at EU times.

Kumi-
Aura Tree

Postby Kumi- » Thu Mar 01, 2018 4:58 pm

I'm all for it.

Merex
Oversight Staff

Postby Merex » Thu Mar 01, 2018 6:48 pm

Seems active enough, is indeed (also by experience) mature. My only issue however is -

Every ENT Mod is capable of handling any game genre that may pop up into the BRQ section. Your reviews are mainly ID, with some being your own. You need to show us that you can handle more popular games like DOTA/LTD/HHTD.

Looking at your posts, you do have some big activity gaps, though you have been maintaining activity in January + February. For the most part I'd like to see this -

*More activity in the BRQ section.
*In-depth reviews on BRQ's.
*Different game genres reviewed.

I'm holding my support as you can start on doing some of this now while your application is pending.
The Slap God - An EoC Story
  • ENT Rules, Guides and more can be found on our Wiki.
  • Contact the staff & interact with others by joining our Discord.
  • Now available: Host A Game UI.

osug
Treant

Postby osug » Thu Mar 01, 2018 8:11 pm

Thank you for everyone's feedback.

@Av1on what you mean with in-depth reviews? I don't know on what way I shall get in more detail.
I am trying to do some quality brq on ltd and hhtd the next time (tho I don't think I can help out with dota since I never played it and are not familiar with the specific playstyle)

Jabba41
Protector of Nature

Postby Jabba41 » Thu Mar 01, 2018 8:29 pm

@osug as long as your capable of doing normal violations which ddont need any game undrstandings its fine. For example AFK or item destroying.

Keep your activity up while your application is pending, and thanks for applying :)
Send me your best Sloth pictures for instant unban*

*individual results may vary

Kappa
Protector of Nature

Postby Kappa » Fri Mar 02, 2018 11:05 pm

Just wanted to give my support for osug.

While osug and I have had our differences at times, he is definitely a guy I would like to have as a moderator especially in ID. Not much else to say other than he always abides by the rules and is often a help to other players in game. Good luck bud.

HazarDous
Staff Department

Postby HazarDous » Sat Mar 03, 2018 7:11 am

@osug

Hey,

Do you have any experience in other game genres? Do you feel comfortable reviewing brqs for other games?

Also, what's the reason that drove you to apply now rather than, say, 1 month ago or 1 month later?

osug
Treant

Postby osug » Sat Mar 03, 2018 11:40 am

At the moment I am mostly active in ID tho I played many Towerdefenses games back then. I am experienced in LegionTD, castle fight, Burbenog and some other TDs. It might take some more time for me to review these games but I got no problem with them (considering that I havn't touched most of them for quite a while it really is no problem for me)

Dota, however, was always a no-go for me. Partly because of the complexity. I'm not experienced with the system or with the unique settings.
I can review Dota games but I don't feel as comfortable as I feel with other games. This might change if I get help so that I can understand this map - I am open minded and would try Dota out with some support.

I don't know why I apply right now.
I had thought about it for a while and I feel like this is the right time for me to test it out and hopefully meet the requirements.

Desire
ENT Staff

Postby Desire » Sun Mar 04, 2018 4:12 pm

His on-going after application and before reviews seem on point.
Overall looks like he's a fast learner and can easily become an amazing moderator with the right guides and oversight.
On behalf of my departure and someone who looks like he has great potential, I support him for mod.

@osug Good Luck! :p

aRt)Y
Protector of Nature

Postby aRt)Y » Thu Mar 08, 2018 6:41 pm

@osug Thanks for applying.

We are interested in seeing how you will do as mod and welcome you for a trial! :)

Return to “Processed Applications”