Thank you for applying.
Smoky
Armored Tree

|c0000F00Smoky@europe.battle.net

Postby Smoky » Sun Mar 18, 2018 5:26 pm

Name: Smoky

Discord name: Smoky#9211

Brief introduction:

Hello everyone. My name is Nico and I’m from Germany. I work as a nursery school teacher, and as an assistsant for handicapped people. I do my best to be polite and neutral at work, and I like to help and to be social with people. You can say that both my jobs are also my hobbies since I enjoy them quite a lot. I have been a Warcraft 3 fan since it got released. I started playing it in LAN parties with friends in Germany, since we didn‘t have great internet connections available at home. It is a classic that I have continued to play ever since.

What are your current hours of playing time (approximate):

It depends on how much i work, but may vary from 2 to 12 hours.

What is your current time zone:
CET

Moderation skills/experience for the following game(s):
HHTD /LTD

Describe any relevant experience, both in moderating and in Warcraft III:
I am a moderator in the HIHL test league. I was leader of a CSS squad a few years ago, and a raid and guild leader in WoW. I am a pretty
experienced HHTD player, but also quite familiar with maps such as Legion TD Mega, Wintermaul, Wintermaul Wars, Castle Fight, Element TD, Hero Line Wars and X Hero Siege.

Why do you want to become a game moderator:
At first, I was playing on BK servers, but 9 months ago I started playing HHTD on ENT servers. I really like the ENT community. I would greatly enjoy being part of the ENT staff so that I can help in any way I can to expand this community even more.

What will you bring to the ENT/Warcraft III community:
I do my best to be a social, honest, neutral and polite person, and I think these are important characteristics when it comes to being an ENT
moderator. Should I become one, I will make sure to set aside enough time to represent and support the ENT community with doing any tasks
needed, such as ban requests, appeals and so on.

Closing Statement:
I tend to be good on things that I am passionate about, and I am passionate enough about this game and this community to know that I will strive to
do my best as a game moderator.

Spoiler!
LTD

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=125725&p=487677#p487677
viewtopic.php?f=24&t=125765&p=487704#p487704
viewtopic.php?f=24&t=125450&p=486672#p486672
viewtopic.php?f=24&t=125416&p=486368#p486368

HHTD

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=125762&p=487679#p487679
viewtopic.php?f=24&t=125749&p=487674#p487674
viewtopic.php?f=24&t=125750&p=487659#p487659
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=125633&p=487503#p487503
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=125619&p=487183#p487183
viewtopic.php?f=24&t=125364&p=487044#p487044
viewtopic.php?f=24&t=125591&p=487037#p487037
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=125519&p=487034#p487034
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=125385&p=486296#p486296
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=125282&p=486254#p486254
viewtopic.php?f=24&t=125318&p=486218#p486218
viewtopic.php?f=24&t=124921&p=484619#p484619

DOTA

viewtopic.php?f=24&t=125664&p=487323#p487323

Survival Chaos

viewtopic.php?f=24&t=125510&p=486737#p486737

Merex
Oversight Staff

Re: |c0000F00Smoky@europe.battle.net

Postby Merex » Mon Mar 19, 2018 10:52 am

Hi,

I have some concerns right off the bat with your reviews -

*Not enough game genres. While you may have commented on a DotA/SC ban request, they're vague and don't have any gameplay-related flaws behind them. With this being said, I'd like this to be adjusted.

*Your DotA review is concerning to me because you state that autobans usually take care of leavers and "a mod will check this" which just seems lazy and wrong given you're a potential mod candidate. You have to show us your own judgement on this and investigate further. The mod that commented on it is correct for instance - Normally autoban takes care of it however if you had taken the time to see such - you'd know the game was drawn and could've commented on that factor.

*Survival Chaos review is basically the same as above.. Only you made a one sentence comment whilst others in the same BRQ took the effort/time to further investigate and find a chain of games left by the violator. It's really unconvincing for me as a moderator to see this and assume that you're serious about becoming a mod.

Moving forward with some other reviews -
HHTD Review - You didn't state what mode he used, just practically glanced and dropped the comment. While this is small, it only adds on-to what I've been seeing.

HHTD Review - Basically just dropping a comment after another potential candidate had put the work in. It shouldn't matter if someone else has already commented on it - We need your reviews, not theirs.

HHTD Review - From my own review, I don't really enjoy the "u", just again makes it seem lazy and unwilling to even make a proper word on a request. Following that, you bring up an irrelevant ignore and label it refusing to communicate/teamplay which simply isn't true unless it does carry weight which we wouldn't know about because that's all you stated. Also, you never mentioned the solo-send accusation from the OP which tells me that you weren't willing to watch to the replay and find out.

That's going to conclude my analysis on your reviews, I could go on but I shouldn't need to. Most mod candidates put in a great deal of time and effort to show us that they're ready to be staff, and I just don't see it so much here. Most of your reviews just come off to me as lazy/not really any true efforts given, especially when in comparison to other existing candidates.

Another concern of mine is your lack of english. It's unprofessional to me. I understand you're from Germany and may only be learning english but we on staff do carry moderators from the same Country and they have a great sense of English. This however is just my own view on the matter.

Overall, I'm going to have to hold my support. I will not automatically !against though, seeing how most of this can be changed. However if I'm going to be honest, I don't see that happening in this application. It's well written but the reviews simply don't live up to it.
The Slap God - An EoC Story
  • ENT Rules, Guides and more can be found on our Wiki.
  • Contact the staff & interact with others by joining our Discord.
  • Now available: Host A Game UI.

halo_mauler
ENT Staff

Postby halo_mauler » Wed Mar 21, 2018 3:41 am

I would like see you do a few more reviews, the one I processed today was good. Would also hold off on dota until you get more hhtd and ltd brq's done, they will get easier with time. Don't be afraid to ask for help in the candidate channel. Also link any other ban requests you have done here in the mean time. Will check for more reviews over the next few days and edit my post for +or- support then.

Smoky
Armored Tree

Postby Smoky » Thu Mar 22, 2018 7:09 am

Last edited by Smoky on Sat Mar 24, 2018 10:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

Esile
ENT Staff

Postby Esile » Thu Mar 22, 2018 8:29 pm

I've played and observed Smoky quite a bit in the past few months, and he has always been fair and polite in-game and within the general ENT and HellHalt community (discord etc).

I believe that with the proper practise he will be a great addition to the ENT staff, and I agree with @halo_mauler's point regarding more reviews and asking for help when needed.
Can already see that his reviews get better with the feedback he received/receives.

!support and best of luck Smoky.
These users thanked the author Esile for the post:
Smoky (Thu Mar 22, 2018 8:38 pm)

xXxHeLLxXx
Aura Tree

Postby xXxHeLLxXx » Sat Mar 24, 2018 3:03 am

I can only support this guy . You guys know i am running the test period of Hellhalt in-house league , and he is my mod there . The things i got to say about him is that he is mature , follow the rules , follow the normal way of speech and always neutral in his reactions . Eh sometimes haven't been most neutral , but really nice guy who help me a lot . I am pretty sure he would fit for the position as mod in ent staff , and you guys would really be thankful for his help which he can show , provide and give to everyone here . He is very communicative , and always asked me for specific situations and such , so i think he can learn the things very fast , and be very productive in his decision as your staff ! CHeerz

p.s You would get my best mod , would be kinda sad for it . But he is great guy !

Quetra
Protector of Nature

Postby Quetra » Sat Mar 24, 2018 3:49 am

I have to vote against this application because I don't believe your standard of english is good enough. I wish I could !support because it's not really a problem with your reviews themselves, but I was having trouble understanding some of your posts, which is not really good for a moderator position. Sorry.

HazarDous
Staff Department

Postby HazarDous » Mon Mar 26, 2018 4:36 am

Hello @Smoky ,

I would like to thank you for your interest in becoming a moderator. However, I believe you are not quite ready to become a moderator, yet. I would like to see you improve on the following;

• Detailed reviews.
  • Overall presence on forum and discord.
  • Professional posts.

Before you may become a moderator, it is important for us to assess that you understand our rules and are able to enforce them properly. As such, do not be shy with the details when posting your reviews on ban requests. Explain what you witnessed by reviewing the replay/chat, what rule was broken and how, alongside potential evidence, as well as your suggested verdict. After one week of your application pending, it looks to me as though there is a lack of input from community members and moderators. I would like you to be more present both on forum and discord, helping users in #support channel and seeking for help in the channel dedicated to mod candidates. We are there to help you. Lastly our image is important to us, we expect our mods to display professionalism in their communications with fellow community members. While some of what you've written may come off as 'lazy' grammar, I believe it may merely a language barrier. In any case, you should get in the habit of using proper grammar. For more information, refer to moderators' statements above.

Again, thanks for your interest, and we are looking forward to your next application, once you have worked on the three points mentioned above.

Return to “Processed Applications”