Thank you for applying.
Astros
ENT Staff

ZaMaRoK@USEAST

Postby Astros » Wed Mar 21, 2018 1:02 am

Name: Kevin
Discord name: ZaMaRoK
Game moderator specialty (see below for choices): DotA
Brief introduction: I'm 23 years old born and raised in NYC all my life. Currently employed but also studying for my CPA exam. I'm a mature individual who enjoys sports and have been playing DotA for years now. I used to play on DotACash, quit, and found out ENTGAMING was the new platform being used. Been a user here ever since and though on/off, I find that ENTGAMING has been very consistent in establishing a viable structure for WC3 users. Any more information that is needed, please let me know.

What are your current hours of playing time (approximate): Varies. I'm currently studying for my CPA exam and my work hours are flexible as my company is aware of my studying schedule. There will be spans where I am available often and others where I won't be able to get on as much or at all.
What is your current time zone: Eastern
Describe any relevant experience, both in moderating and in Warcraft III:
1) I've submitted numerous ban requests that have been processed.
2) I've gotten familiar with the qualifications required to be a moderator.
3) I've read more than a fair amount of ban requests to differentiate whether a ban is justified or unjustified.
4) I have been playing DotA on ENT for years on/off and understand how the game is played.
5) I have learned a lot from Beerlord and believe he could assist me if I have any questions or concerns.

Ban requests:
viewtopic.php?f=24&t=60633&p=244926#p244926
viewtopic.php?f=24&t=71586&p=288016#p288016
viewtopic.php?f=24&t=71704&p=288491#p288491
viewtopic.php?f=24&t=71842&p=289119#p289119
viewtopic.php?f=24&t=75546&p=304385#p304385
viewtopic.php?f=24&t=78485&p=314820#p314820
viewtopic.php?f=24&t=86236&p=344446#p344446
viewtopic.php?f=24&t=84075&p=336893#p336893

Unprocessed ban requests/appeals:
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=125856
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=125468
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=125206
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=125112
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=125855
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=125732
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=125816

Why do you want to become a game moderator: Honestly, I think I can get a few ban requests or ban appeals handled in my free time quite quickly. I know there is an abundance and it can be an overload but an additional helping hand would benefit this community overall. I understand my lack of experience compared to some particular users or applicants but I do believe I can be of assistance. Having experienced my fair share of game-ruiners, I believe in many cases, some ban requests do take longer than required and this means some individuals are allowed to game-ruin a few additional games - which will clog up the ban requests. I can't promise that I will be on every day handling these requests but I can promise that I will do my best to assist in any way. Due to my schedule, there are days and hours that I might not be able to get on but rest assured, I will make an effort to get these forums cleared up a bit.

What will you bring to the ENT/Warcraft III community:
1) I know how to play the game.
2) I have a great relationship with many players.
3) I understand the majority of the rules but if not, I will ask those who have more experience. I find Beerlord to have been very helpful in handling ban requests and appeals and believe I can continue learning from him in regards to being a moderator.
4) I have provided CD keys to ENT before to keep games hosted. Though I'm not sure if I can continue doing so endlessly, if needed, I can provide more to keep the community alive.

Closing Statement:
Overall, I've never considered being a moderator. This is the only forum I use as DotA 1 is realistically the only game that I've spent more than a few hours playing. I just believe I can be of assistance in some way whether it involves helping the rest of you guys moderate the forums or completing a few ban requests. After a few games of game-ruiners, I think this community could use some improvement in handling some particular players. It's up to you guys, honestly. Thanks for taking the time to read my application and whichever decision is made, I appreciate the effort of all ENT members.
These users thanked the author Astros for the post:
Jabba41 (Wed Mar 21, 2018 2:47 am)
ENT Custom Games Discord ------------------ https://discord.gg/kGAUdTYZ5B

BeerLord
Protector of Nature

Re: ZaMaRoK@USEAST

Postby BeerLord » Wed Mar 21, 2018 3:51 am

Strongly support this app, and he is an elite player as well. Would make a great addition to staff.

Rain-
ENT Staff

Postby Rain- » Wed Mar 21, 2018 10:15 am

Support. He is great dota player + is fair.
I would suggest that you work on more reviews so other mods can see while this app is getting processed.

Merex
Oversight Staff

Postby Merex » Wed Mar 21, 2018 11:48 am

Couple of concerns to start -
*The first listed brqs are from 2015. While that could potentially help with general knowledge and what not, it was 3 years ago and therefor can't speak towards your activity, following that (and will describe in my next concern) -
*All of these listed are DotA. Understandable that you come from a DotA environment and only know such in-depth but it's important that you know other game genres, too. With this being said, I'd like to see some reviews from LTD & HHTD as-well.

Now moving forward with your reviews,
[DOTA] ilovebigc0ck@uswest - This doesn't really contribute to the BRQ, but only furthering what the OP said. When conducting reviews, I'd like to see a bit more effort put into the matter, despite it being a chatlog-related offense or not.

[DOTA] naruto-fr - I do have a concern here I'd like to address.
chineseeagle wrote:In this particular report [...] Just by reading the chat, it's obvious his behavior is toxic to the team and by default, ruined the game for the team.

This is simply not true. Game ruining =/= Toxicity. There's multiple instances in everyday DotA where Toxicity stays in the chat and therefor doesn't reflect on-to the game. To actually have confirmed the game ruining, watching the replay at said times provided would've been best.

[DOTA] bitterosto@europe - This review only demonstrates what was mentioned in the first one. This review would've been a good example of quality contributions by providing specific times that the OP had left out. However, such wasn't done by either. I'm also noticing again -
chineseeagle wrote:He's got over 11 games on this particular account (may have more) and knew how to build desolator/phase boots but somehow builds three hyperstones - which shows he is game-ruining. Should be banned for game-ruining.

Relating an AFK/griefing request to items bought is just simply wrong as-well. While it may have furthered the case, we moderators wouldn't know that without in-depth detail to the matter ourselves. As a candidate, I'd like to at-least see more of the situation involving the 3 hyperstones and not just stated/labeled as such.

Going to halt my reviews here. Overall I'm going to say -
*There's some minor misinterpretations of the rules, I'd like to see this improved.
*Some of the reviews to me are coming off as just glancing at the chatlog and commenting. I haven't gotten the sense that any replays were watched.
*I do want to state though that all reviews were looked over, and while I see the above, I have seen some that do provide quality content. It's just a concern when half/majority are containing issues, be it minor or not.
*There's the sole DotA concern but this can easily be worked on through the duration of the application.

With all this being said, I'm going to have to hold my support. I will not automatically against seeing as most of this can be changed/improved on.
The Slap God - An EoC Story
  • ENT Rules, Guides and more can be found on our Wiki.
  • Contact the staff & interact with others by joining our Discord.
  • Now available: Host A Game UI.

Astros
ENT Staff

Postby Astros » Wed Mar 21, 2018 11:59 am

Av1oN wrote:Couple of concerns to start -
*The first listed brqs are from 2015. While that could potentially help with general knowledge and what not, it was 3 years ago and therefor can't speak towards your activity, following that (and will describe in my next concern) -
*All of these listed are DotA. Understandable that you come from a DotA environment and only know such in-depth but it's important that you know other game genres, too. With this being said, I'd like to see some reviews from LTD & HHTD as-well.

Now moving forward with your reviews,
[DOTA] ilovebigc0ck@uswest - This doesn't really contribute to the BRQ, but only furthering what the OP said. When conducting reviews, I'd like to see a bit more effort put into the matter, despite it being a chatlog-related offense or not.

[DOTA] naruto-fr - I do have a concern here I'd like to address.
chineseeagle wrote:In this particular report [...] Just by reading the chat, it's obvious his behavior is toxic to the team and by default, ruined the game for the team.

This is simply not true. Game ruining =/= Toxicity. There's multiple instances in everyday DotA where Toxicity stays in the chat and therefor doesn't reflect on-to the game. To actually have confirmed the game ruining, watching the replay at said times provided would've been best.

[DOTA] bitterosto@europe - This review only demonstrates what was mentioned in the first one. This review would've been a good example of quality contributions by providing specific times that the OP had left out. However, such wasn't done by either. I'm also noticing again -
chineseeagle wrote:He's got over 11 games on this particular account (may have more) and knew how to build desolator/phase boots but somehow builds three hyperstones - which shows he is game-ruining. Should be banned for game-ruining.

Relating an AFK/griefing request to items bought is just simply wrong as-well. While it may have furthered the case, we moderators wouldn't know that without in-depth detail to the matter ourselves. As a candidate, I'd like to at-least see more of the situation involving the 3 hyperstones and not just stated/labeled as such.

Going to halt my reviews here. Overall I'm going to say -
*There's some minor misinterpretations of the rules, I'd like to see this improved.
*Some of the reviews to me are coming off as just glancing at the chatlog and commenting. I haven't gotten the sense that any replays were watched.
*I do want to state though that all reviews were looked over, and while I see the above, I have seen some that do provide quality content. It's just a concern when half/majority are containing issues, be it minor or not.
*There's the sole DotA concern but this can easily be worked on through the duration of the application.

With all this being said, I'm going to have to hold my support. I will not automatically against seeing as most of this can be changed/improved on.

I agree. 2015 was years ago. As I've mentioned before, there were months where I could not play and thus, wasn't active on Warcraft III or Entgaming. I do however believe those ban requests were very detailed and I took my time in constructing them.

In regards to the other examples, yes, I do agree some more time and effort should be conducted but in regards to that Naruto-fr case, I believe his language and chat was game-ruining as it hurt his teammates more than anything. Playing DotA, trying to get a teammate of your's to help but not putting him on ignore while he continues flaming is possibly one of the worst players to deal with. The fact his teammates gave him opportunities to help and he mocked/flamed them is behavior that I believe (maybe in future ban requests) should be considered game-ruining. Obviously, each case is dealt situationally but if you look at naruto-fr's previous games, he has been detrimental to his teammates as well for the exact same behavior.

I mainly play DotA but have played Hell Hall TD. Seeing as TD games are a bit more basic in terms of how you can game-ruin, it would not be a problem to review some of those as well.

Thanks for your concerns, Avion. I will work on them for sure.

Astros
ENT Staff

Postby Astros » Wed Mar 21, 2018 1:53 pm

Burnt
Treant Protector

Postby Burnt » Wed Mar 21, 2018 7:35 pm

Support! Good and calm player who won dihl games with me before :) good luck!
GOTEM

cashmeoutside-
Armored Tree

Postby cashmeoutside- » Wed Mar 21, 2018 9:56 pm

!Support

Zam has been nothing but courteous in DIHL and knows the game well.

not2000elo
Armored Tree

Postby not2000elo » Thu Mar 22, 2018 5:09 am

Good guy, good player. Big support. Would be a shame not to approve him.

stasheen
Resource Storage

Postby stasheen » Thu Mar 22, 2018 5:33 am

Zamorok can be toxic at times, which is why I cant support this. Have seen him insult other players in the community,
but most importantly like @av1on said you dont know how to judge BRQs properly.

would have to see more current reviews and not these
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=125823

aimskjs
Forest Walker

Postby aimskjs » Thu Mar 22, 2018 6:01 am

!support

Astros
ENT Staff

Postby Astros » Thu Mar 22, 2018 9:19 am

stasheen wrote:Zamorok can be toxic at times, which is why I cant support this. Have seen him insult other players in the community,
but most importantly like @av1on said you dont know how to judge BRQs properly.

would have to see more current reviews and not these
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=125823

I'm sorry you feel that way. I don't believe we have played with each other before but in regards to that BRQ, as previously mentioned, it is unorganized and does not show the specific timestamps regarding the rule being violated. I asked for you to organize it a bit as to help us both get the ban request processed. I don't have a problem reviewing it but it would be helpful for both parties if you organized it.

Quetra
Protector of Nature

Postby Quetra » Sat Mar 24, 2018 3:51 am

Had initial concerns about level of activity, but he's kept up activity as promised in the past few days. No idea if that will carry on far into his moderator position, but certainly I will say he has a good level of reviews. Would definitely like to see a trial. !support

Astros
ENT Staff

Postby Astros » Sun Mar 25, 2018 4:39 pm

Please pause my application. I noticed that Ben_T is applying. He is a far better candidate. Thank you.

FalenGa
Oversight Staff

Postby FalenGa » Sun Mar 25, 2018 6:09 pm

There are currently 4 pending applications, but there is no limit to the amount of moderators ENT can have at any given moment. There will always be work to be done.

All 4 of you show potential, which means it's highly likely all 4 of you can become part of the staff. There is no competition.

Also, it's not about who is best. It's about who has the dedication, skills and mindset that is required.

If your last comment comes due to a mistake you think you made somewhere, don't worry about it. We would never expect you not to make any mistakes. That would be silly.

We would only expect not to repeat them.

Return to “Processed Applications”