Ben_T@useast.battle.net

Thank you for applying.
Ben_T
Treant Protector

Ben_T@useast.battle.net

Postby Ben_T » Sun Mar 25, 2018 4:00 pm

Name: Ben

Discord name: Ben_T#7883

Game moderator specialty (see below for choices): I am familiar with Island Defense, Legion TD, and Dota.

Brief introduction: Hello, my name is Ben. I am a high school student in Florida and in the fall I will be attending Jacksonville University. I’m planning on majoring in either engineering or cyber security. I currently play soccer and have been playing Warcraft III sporadically since 2007.

What are your current hours of playing time (approximate): About 3-8 hours a day on weekdays and 5-14 hours a day on weekends

What is your current time zone: EST (GMT -4 hours)

Describe any relevant experience, both in moderating and in Warcraft III: Considering I have been playing Warcraft III for many years now, even though I was a child back then, I have had a large amount of experience in many the games hosted currently on ENT. Of course, Island Defense was and still is my favorite game; I’ve played a large variety of Warcraft III custom games, which furthers my knowledge and in some ways helps me with dealing with ban requests and gaining insight on what the players might be thinking. I would like to mention that I am not experienced in Dota, however, by seeking advice from current moderators, I have learned how to deal with ban requests regarding this game. In regards to moderating, I don’t have relevant experience in moderating forums, but I have been a moderator for a few months in an Island Defense discord. As insignificant as this may seem on the surface, moderating in the Island Defense Discord has allowed me to use basic moderator tools.

Why do you want to become a game moderator: I personally love Warcraft III and hate to see someone ruin the games for others. Throughout my time playing Warcraft III, I have probably violated a number of rules, both knowingly and unknowingly. Of course, all players have done this to some extent, but I hope this does not reflect on me personally as I have matured since then. Being a moderator, I feel I could make a positive impact both in-game and through the forums by actively responding to ban requests. As a child, I always looked up to the moderators in any game, thinking how exciting it would be to have the power that they used. Over time, I realized that being a moderator is much more than just using their powers. They help keep balance and order both in and out of the game by remaining a positive influence to other players by enforcing the rules. I would like to be a moderator to be a positive influence to other players and to let them know that I will do my best to make the game better for others.

What will you bring to the ENT/Warcraft III community: I believe I will be a strong enforcer of the rules that will dedicate time to deal with ban requests as quickly as possible. If you ask some players that I talk with on a daily basis, they will say that I never play anymore because I’m too focused on ban requests. I hope this helps to show how dedicated I am to becoming an ENT moderator. Of course this is only something that a friend said, I can’t prove the validity of this statement. Instead, I would like you to look at the ban requests that I reviewed and see that I put a large amount of work into them. As an ENT moderator, I will consistently help to lighten the load of ban requests to the best of my ability to allow the community to improve as a whole.

Closing Statement: I believe I have grown since I first started playing Warcraft III and have considered becoming a moderator ever since I started playing Warcraft III again recently. As a moderator I would treat everyone fairly and would be as unbiased as possible. Continuing, I would love to get to know the ENT Staff members as I have already talked to many of them and I enjoy having conversations with them. Thank you for anyone who spends time to read this and give their feedback. If anyone has any questions or concerns I will happily answer!

Dota:

Legion TD:

Island Defense:

Astros
ENT Staff

Re: Ben_T@useast.battle.net

Postby Astros » Sun Mar 25, 2018 4:38 pm

this guy is a beast. He should be a moderator over anyone else currently applying
ENT Custom Games Discord ------------------ https://discord.gg/kGAUdTYZ5B

BeerLord
Protector of Nature

Postby BeerLord » Sun Mar 25, 2018 5:17 pm

support

CalculuS
Resource Storage

Postby CalculuS » Sun Mar 25, 2018 6:59 pm

Support, hes active a lot on here and on the discord.

CrazyBonE
Aura Tree

Postby CrazyBonE » Sun Mar 25, 2018 7:13 pm

I think he deserves, he is active, he is trying and helping constantly.

Kappa
Protector of Nature

Postby Kappa » Sun Mar 25, 2018 7:43 pm

!Support. I am biased here, but I think Ben would make a great moderator. Good luck.

e0e0e0e0
Forest Walker

Postby e0e0e0e0 » Sun Mar 25, 2018 8:01 pm

support

Quetra
Protector of Nature

Postby Quetra » Sun Mar 25, 2018 8:12 pm

Strong !support, active in ban requests, detailed reviews, listened to advice. No reason not to support.

extremekiller
Aura Tree

Postby extremekiller » Sun Mar 25, 2018 8:48 pm

!support I may be somewhat biased. But browsing his ban requests he seems very formal and well mannered, and very in depth with his ban requests. ENT could definitely use someone to handle more ban requests.
It's amazing where the paranoid mind can take you.

Akuma_99
Basic Tree

Postby Akuma_99 » Sun Mar 25, 2018 9:08 pm

As the owner of the ID discord ben has shown great moderating qualities and I do believe he will be a great asset to ent as he is to the id discord :)
I support !
These users thanked the author Akuma_99 for the post:
Merex (Mon Mar 26, 2018 3:27 pm)

Yarragon
Treant

Postby Yarragon » Sun Mar 25, 2018 9:09 pm

This kid likes to take girls to plays, 10/10 would recommend, def smashable.

-Sura/Yarr
"Sura is a God dude, like for real."
-Burn/Timmy/Avion

Burn
Protector of Nature

Postby Burn » Mon Mar 26, 2018 2:56 pm

!support

Non-toxic edible human bean.

Also, has good judgement on BRQs.

-Burn

Merex
Oversight Staff

Postby Merex » Mon Mar 26, 2018 3:51 pm

I've gone over every review, and for the most part they all contain quality reviews and exceeding contribution in them. I've only found one real concern when looking over them -

[ID] driskoll@east intentional sui / refusal to play / game ruin - I didn't really see any of what you usually do for reviews live up in this one. Seems to be that a slight personal disturbance by the violator left you to only leave a recommended heavier ban which isn't necessary for moderators. This is quite minimal but it's something to reflect on yourself indeed. Being an ID player myself, there will always be someone like that who will tick you off in someway but it's important as a potential/mod that it doesn't get in the way of your process/judgement on said case.

Other than the above, I've found no more concerns in all reviews listed which leads to me believe that this player holds a fairly large high standard, active and contributing position in the ban requests right now and I'm sure that's something me and the fellow mods at ENT always like to see.

Overall, I believe he can be a great addition to the ENT staff team.

!support
The Slap God - An EoC Story
  • ENT Rules, Guides and more can be found on our Wiki.
  • Contact the staff & interact with others by joining our Discord.
  • Now available: Host A Game UI.

Rain-
ENT Staff

Postby Rain- » Mon Mar 26, 2018 6:14 pm

Active and accurate reviews so far =)
Support!

BeerLord
Protector of Nature

Postby BeerLord » Mon Mar 26, 2018 10:48 pm

Support