[Don_Killuminati@useast]

Thank you for applying.
Don_Killuminati

[Don_Killuminati@useast]

Postby Don_Killuminati » Wed Jun 06, 2018 2:28 pm

Name: Soliman
Discord name: Don_Killuminati
Game moderator specialty (see below for choices): LIHL moderator
Brief introduction: Hello, i'm a regular guy who loves justice and freedom of expression.
What are your current hours of playing time (approximate): It depends, but guess i'm active enough.
What is your current time zone: France UTC+1/+2
Describe any relevant experience, both in moderating and in Warcraft III: Active LIHL player who has been around for a good time, well known by the community. I was moderator less than 3 years ago, but i decided to retire after a disagreement with a colleague.
Why do you want to become a game moderator: Because i feel like LIHL urgently needs some 'judgment skill' at the moment, and i promiss to bring justice and freedom of speech, or at least try.
What will you bring to the ENT/Warcraft III community: Good game environment, fair for all. Unbiased decisions.
Closing Statement: If you got any question, go ahead.

pr0totype
Treant

Re: [Don_Killuminati@useast]

Postby pr0totype » Wed Jun 06, 2018 3:00 pm

I have watched LIHL forum for a while. My only concern is that it's too soon and during the current issue with vendeta- I know you are a good moderator for lihl but maybe waiting until the steam cools would be a good thing for the league and promote a healthy environment.

Vendeta
Treant Protector

Postby Vendeta » Wed Jun 06, 2018 3:01 pm

https://imgur.com/MXoC1eS
https://imgur.com/bdNZ5I9
https://imgur.com/90V7iUb

Good timing tho. At least u said what u are going to do in advance.
D.S. 1989

Jabba41
Protector of Nature

Postby Jabba41 » Wed Jun 06, 2018 4:26 pm

@Don_Killuminati See above, any comment ?
Send me your best Sloth pictures for instant unban*

*individual results may vary

Don_Killuminati

Postby Don_Killuminati » Wed Jun 06, 2018 4:38 pm

pr0totype wrote:I have watched LIHL forum for a while. My only concern is that it's too soon and during the current issue with vendeta- I know you are a good moderator for lihl but maybe waiting until the steam cools would be a good thing for the league and promote a healthy environment.

Well, i'm currently applying for LIHL moderator spot to make the steam cools actually. I do it as last resort, because beeing moderator wasnt my main ambition but watching the gap that separates the forum and games atmosphere, I can only note the disarray.

Vendeta wrote:https://imgur.com/MXoC1eS

That's me yes, saying that publicly in front of all the community, sad that you had to make yourself invisible to read it, also sad you didnt posted the rest of the conversation that i got with the community, sounds malicious to me.

Varg
Forest Walker

Postby Varg » Wed Jun 06, 2018 5:07 pm

Vendeta wrote:https://imgur.com/MXoC1eS

Why i dont wonder that you dont get the ironic of his posts...

anyone who watch and check the lihl chat know how to handle such comments.

If everyone would take everything serious no lihl would be able to play because of being banned 24/7

All in all in support his apply and think another acitve mode and another point of view wouldnt be bad for the lihl community.

Donki is also on of the best lihl player and got enough skill to judge cases.

And i am sure that hes able to handle the cases objective.

Anda
LIHL Staff

Postby Anda » Wed Jun 06, 2018 5:20 pm

In general i know Donki to be a reasonable person and i can speak always with him and get good advises.Also on a personal level i am quite fund with him, i like playing with him like most people of LIHL do and hes well respected and nice person. If he would rly have the urge to moderate , i would be very willing to work with him.
Under these circumstances, since we have a huge agreement on a permanent unvouch of Vendeta and that seems to me is the only reason he applies, i have to no support this.
At least you said first time open now that you dont believe our (i guess you mean my )judgement is inaccurate, that makes it easier for me to work with your opinions in the future.
There is no lack of freedom of speech in LIHL, we just make sure people stick to a minimum level of communication skills.We Moderators have agreed to lock processed topics months ago, just cause there wasnt much drama lately we just didnt enforce it because there was no need to.

dweiler
Plague Treant

Postby dweiler » Wed Jun 06, 2018 6:25 pm

I am currently not active and half-following the forum. But unless there is a huge shortage in LIHL-staff, this does not seem like a good idea for several reasons:
1. He is currently in a heated argument with Vendeta, in which he has shown in his posts in LIHL and behavior in-game to be not objective. This will most likely lead to drama.
2. In the past he has been a moderator, which did not end well, because he refused to accept the (reasonable) judgment of another moderator (Diablo_), overtaking their decision and then ragequitting moderatorship.
3. In his motivation he is implying the current moderator staff does not have enough judgment skill, which I believe is far from the truth and not a good basis to work in a good atmosphere with the skilled moderators LIHL currently has.

I believe Don is a nice and active player in LIHL, but because of the 3 reasons above he should imo not be accepted in LIHL staff.
These users thanked the author dweiler for the post:
Jabba41 (Wed Jun 06, 2018 6:29 pm)
You don't stop playing because you grow old; you grow old because you stop playing.

Don_Killuminati

Postby Don_Killuminati » Wed Jun 06, 2018 7:37 pm

MickeyTheMousie wrote:I am currently not active and half-following the forum. But unless there is a huge shortage in LIHL-staff, this does not seem like a good idea for several reasons:
1. He is currently in a heated argument with Vendeta, in which he has shown in his posts in LIHL and behavior in-game to be not objective. This will most likely lead to drama.
2. In the past he has been a moderator, which did not end well, because he refused to accept the (reasonable) judgment of another moderator (Diablo_), overtaking their decision and then ragequitting moderatorship.
3. In his motivation he is implying the current moderator staff does not have enough judgment skill, which I believe is far from the truth and not a good basis to work in a good atmosphere with the skilled moderators LIHL currently has.

I believe Don is a nice and active player in LIHL, but because of the 3 reasons above he should imo not be accepted in LIHL staff.

MickeyTheMousie wrote:I am currently not active and half-following the forum. But unless there is a huge shortage in LIHL-staff, this does not seem like a good idea for several reasons:

1. It's not only about me but a big part of the league, maybe if you were active you would be able to see it.

2. Is it reasonable to unban someone who get fairly banned with a moderator complain ?? Yet eldryanthewyse get perma unvouched for his poor behavior, so maybe it was not so 'reasonable'and led him to be overconfident and give 0 phuck to the rules.

3. That's my opinion, and that what previous posts kinda proves, no ? Why would we need a guideline when we could judge cases one by one?

I belive that you are a good guy as well, with no bad intention, but your judgment skill sounds also poor to me.

Also i would have been really happy if i could be able to answer to your post, but unfortunately thread get locked.

Anda
LIHL Staff

Postby Anda » Wed Jun 06, 2018 9:22 pm

I am sorry, i dont understand when u are talking to what mick wrote or what i wrote . can you pls clarify ?

pr0totype
Treant

Postby pr0totype » Wed Jun 06, 2018 9:51 pm

Right now, I feel these posts are posted in a heated cloud of frustration. This should not be a reason one applies for moderator, but to actually better the community and not single out certain players.

This application isn't posted at a good time overall, to benefit your approval.

Jabba41
Protector of Nature

Postby Jabba41 » Wed Jun 06, 2018 10:04 pm

Don_Killuminati wrote:Why would we need a guideline when we could judge cases one by one?

Guidelines dont set you free from the duty to judge cases one by one. They exist to make clear how to work and to direct the Mods decisions and how cases are handled and to have a consistent ban duration. There are exceptions ofc.
Send me your best Sloth pictures for instant unban*

*individual results may vary

Zeratul

Postby Zeratul » Wed Jun 06, 2018 11:52 pm

pr0totype wrote:Right now, I feel these posts are posted in a heated cloud of frustration. This should not be a reason one applies for moderator, but to actually better the community and not single out certain players.

This application isn't posted at a good time overall, to benefit your approval.

Altho i do agree that applying for a moderator position, while being in the center of a heat situation (Vendeta), is strongly unadvised, you've had previous moderator applications on the same situation (Hazardous applying after Masamune complaint, King23 applying after his complaint vs Mariah - these 2 cases come easily across my mind), so it doens't necessarily discredit his approval (even if it questions his motivation behind it).

And as many, i do read lihl section from times to times (all the drama and popcorn can be found there - it has been like that before i was a moderator, and nothing change after all these years lol), and Don_killuminati was not a bad moderator in the past (despite his ragequit at the end, which could have been avoided - I won't judge you, considering i've done the same,in different circumstances, and many will point fingers at me so let's leave it at that xd), and as far as i recall, he did do a good job during his time (including vouch request reviews).

I won't develop much into the current LIHL Moderation / Vendeta, as anyone can make their own conclusions and see what has happened before/after Vendeta joined, however a few things must be mentioned:

-> A lot of players have engaged with him, but apparently Vendeta has always escaped "safe" (until this very recent unvouch, which i might add that surprised me)
-> Drama seems to stir easily around him, and altho LIHL isn't a popularity contest league, maybe it's time that the LIHL moderation observe exactly what is happening to cause it, and do something about it (Halp, Don_killuminati, mudman, Fiji, etc. - Seems like everyone is triggered by Vendeta for some reason, and that dind't happen before he showed up: If it happened with other players? Maybe, after all, we're talking about LIHL, and everyone knows that LIHL without drama = something is wrong, let's face it :P but when a certain person is always in the middle of it, you can't look aside and pretend he's not part of the problem - Eldryan/Shrimp come easily for debate, as i remember the drama surrounding those 2).
-> And this one is gonna stir some "drama", but truth be said, LIHL moderators have shown some kind of bias towards Vendeta in what comes to taking actions: Nothing against Mickey (as i've said in the past, he was one of the best LIHL moderators i've seen, considering the environment LIHL has), but him alongside Anda, have shown that Vendeta is handled differently in certain situations (where as another person, would have been met with normal "guidelines").

All in all, i do believe you should give some weeks before applying Don_killuminati (considering the present situation) - and take the time to prove your motivation/help towards the League, and one of the questions that you should actually ask/answer yourself is "What are exactly the reasons/motivation for my application?"

PS: I still believe you are a good moderator, and a new point of view can help sharpen a few edges on the league - as long as you discuss with the rest of the league staff, a different point of view can help there; just the timing seems off, that's all :)

Anda
LIHL Staff

Postby Anda » Thu Jun 07, 2018 12:11 am

Sry hyo, but i have ti disagree with what you said here. I always acknowledged that i was overly protective on Vendeta while i was a member, and i am aware of that.As a member i can allow myslef to do that, as a moderator not.
I just had a private talk with donki that lead sadly to pretty much nowhere, but i have to say i made a false statement:I was not proven 1 time that when he was asked in a normal way pls let xyz player king control and team was for it that he refused
Donki showed me that Vendeta was banned for 24 hours by mick for similar problems, i admit i am wrong here and as moderator, i should have been aware of it. I am whatever human though, i didnt track that ruling, and thereby i am sorry that i am wrong.

On the other hand , i strongly argue against the fact that i treat Vendeta differently from everybody else, i follow all guidelines and rules, and i make a mistake that is always possible.I am probably one of the most open persons to being proofed wrong you can find in LIHL.

The fact still stands, i found it accurate to ban Vendeta this 1 time recently in all my moderation time, and i stand by that decision. Imo Donkis view is wrong, his assumptions are wrong and the way he wants to solve problems is wrong.
This fake lihl apply is maybe the lowest shame he can take, since i agree he care for lihl, and i agree hes a good person and means well, the measures he is willing to take to get vendeta unvouch simply just shock me.Thats why i no support him as having a deciding voice in LIHL. I am however willing to work with him towards a solution to all this problems, atm i simply do not see them.

HazarDous
Staff Department

Postby HazarDous » Thu Jun 07, 2018 1:40 am

@Don_Killuminati

viewtopic.php?f=72&t=129217

It has been settled that you will have absolutely no say in the [current] decision to unvouch vendeta from the league. That will remain the case for the foreseeable future, as stated in the forum post linked above.

Now I know you and I know you can be a good moderator if you want to be. So in light of those revelations, are you still willing to help out the community by being a lihl moderator?

If that answer is yes, I would like @Snowblind and @MickeyTheMousie to give me their (potentially different) opinion on this application.

Return to “Processed Applications”