Thank you for applying.
Born-Sinner
DIHL Staff

born-sinner@useast.battle.net

Postby Born-Sinner » Wed Jun 13, 2018 2:52 am

Name: born-sinner
Discord: Born-Sinner#5821
Game moderator specialty (see below for choices): DIHL
Brief introduction: Over the past few years playing DIHL and Dota i have tried to gain a lot of respect from my fellow dota players and would like to give back to the community as much fun and fairness it has given me:)
What are your current hours of playing time (approximate): Nomrally 8PM-2AM EST
What is your current time zone: EST
Describe any relevant experience, both in moderating and in Warcraft III: I have played DOTA on and off for 5+ years. And, as i said, I've played tons of DIHL and IH games. I feel like I can more or less instruct new players on how to participate in DIHL games in a way that is enjoyable for them and existing players.
Why do you want to become a game moderator: i think the community needs a fair individual that has the experience with a lot of players and love for the game to be able to see it successful in the future. I recently got denied for not being active on the forum however will try harder to become more active as i see it being a crucial part of the community.
What will you bring to the ENT/Warcraft III community: I am active in DIHL games and plan on continuing to do so for the forseeable future.
Closing Statement: Would be great if you guys approved my application!

T_aSTeR666
Aura Tree

Re: born-sinner@useast.battle.net

Postby T_aSTeR666 » Wed Jun 13, 2018 4:57 am

I would recommend Born, I think he'd make a good staff member. Since I myself also play dihl quite often, I've played with Born many times and he's very honest, fair, and trying to let everyone have an enjoyable experience. He used to be the guy to whisper when you're waiting so that he can queue them up and let them have a fair chance to play once the current game is over.

Overall a very likeable guy who knows a lot about rules and understanding everyone's perspectives. Makes sure everyone is treated fair and tries to resolve any problems that occur. It's the best time right now as well, especially with all the recent drama in dihl.

aimskjs
Forest Walker

Postby aimskjs » Wed Jun 13, 2018 6:14 am

!support

raizoir
DIHL Staff

Postby raizoir » Sun Jun 17, 2018 10:06 am

+ Support!
SexyBrains2 / magic.niglet

Vaylen
Forest Walker

Postby Vaylen » Mon Jun 18, 2018 11:47 pm

Strongly support this will be a great addition to ENT team.

BeerLord
Protector of Nature

Postby BeerLord » Tue Jun 19, 2018 1:05 am

Agree with above posts. Dihl lets me play on occassion when they need bodies, and in my role as cannon fodder/food Born has been patient and gracious when im on his team.
Support.

HazarDous
Staff Department

Postby HazarDous » Tue Jun 19, 2018 5:10 am

What we're looking at the moment is leadership, understanding of the rules, drive to make DIHL prosper as well as basic activity both on forums and on discord.

Just like in your last application, you lack the latter. You have not logged into the forum for one week, and so I have doubt as to your willingness to occupy this position. I would like to hear more on that from you, given you do not seem to have learned from your last application.

I won't wait as long for your answer, this time.

Born-Sinner
DIHL Staff

Postby Born-Sinner » Tue Jun 19, 2018 1:50 pm

Hi Hazardous,

Thank you for the response!

With all due respect, I don’t think my logging activity is a good basis to see how active I am on the forums. For example, after my recent application I have been consistently checking for the response via mobile or at night while I IH however I do it without logging in. However, since I do see the importance of you tracking that I will login instead so you can see how frequently I am online. As for discord, I have spoken to magic.niglet (another DIHL mod) and have spoken on whatsapp regarding the transition to discord to host games. I do use the ENT discord however only login once some friends are on to play games. I will hope to transition the DIHL community to discord to able to use the amazing features available which are currently lacking in our system.

Thank you and hope that clarifies things,

Born-Sinner

Astros
ENT Staff

Postby Astros » Tue Jun 19, 2018 3:50 pm

I haven't seen much activity in the DIHL threads anyways so I'm not sure it's fair to blame Born for not being as active on the forums. Seeing how DIHL works, it's more important for there to just be someone who has authority in the games so as to it running smoothly. Being active on the forums is really not required as much for such a position and you can verify that by the lack of activity from DIHL threads in general. What matters is that Born knows the rules, is respectful and courteous and understands right from wrong. If being more active on the forums is something you guys stand by in terms of being a representative of ENT, you guys have to clean up some of the staff members who have been inactive for months and haven't touched a single ban request.
ENT Custom Games Discord ------------------ https://discord.gg/kGAUdTYZ5B

aimskjs
Forest Walker

Postby aimskjs » Tue Jun 19, 2018 11:39 pm

We do not need someone active on forum. We need someone who has power to control people in DIHL game. Recently, people do not listen to player who is trying to organize nor care of rule because more than 90% of players in DIHL don't read our official rule even if we ask. We just need someone who has read the rule and fully understand the rule also who be able to judge people without bias. People do not care of rule and bitch to other players when he can't take a spot or he get banned for breaking rule because none has power to judge. please let born-sinner who is one of most active DIHL player to control our game in lobby.

HazarDous
Staff Department

Postby HazarDous » Fri Jun 22, 2018 12:32 am

While discord and in-game activity is more important from a player's perspective, the forum is and will remain the official mean of communication for staff. Therefore, I expect a minimum of activity on the forum, as well as a decent activity on discord due to the transition plans.

Obviously, we expect the activity to be maintained.

Approved.

Return to “Processed Applications”