slovak @europe.battle.net

Thank you for applying.
Slovak
Aura Tree

slovak @europe.battle.net

Postby Slovak » Tue Aug 28, 2018 6:23 am

Name: Paťo ( Patrick )
Discord name: Slovak
Game moderator specialty (see below for choices): Dota / Island Defense (which one you will need more) :)
Brief introduction: So, i play DotA and Island Defense 10 years, both games are good games for me. Have experience, with mhers, dodgers, ruinners. Was admin before on another bot.
What are your current hours of playing time (approximate): Sometimes so much active, sometimes low active. But 2-3 hours i playing per day, but i´m active on forum always.
What is your current time zone: Germany time
Describe any relevant experience, both in moderating and in Warcraft III: Well, i was moderator on BK bot ( has 500 ban requests ) And did a lot of help. I know, how to ban people, how to help people. I know find mhers, dodgers, ruinners.
Why do you want to become a game moderator: Because, i love this possition. Can help to our community, can ban bad people :P
What will you bring to the ENT/Warcraft III community: Help with issues " drop out " and will catch bad people. I will try to do mine best, if i will be as moderator.
Closing Statement: I was offline last week, because i´m a hockey play, and we were on tournament. I was on bad behaviour, because daddy was on hospital (operation stomache) so i´m sorry for that. @falenga know i help to your community. I will post threads about issues, and yes ban requests too. I will bring new ideas to community too, about " forum " :) And i will do mine best as moderator.

Thank you.
Best regards,
Slovak

FalenGa
Oversight Staff

Re: slovak @europe.battle.net

Postby FalenGa » Thu Aug 30, 2018 3:28 am

Please reread Jabba's response on your first application.

You were asked to invest some time in the ban requests section with reviews. You have none so far. Just saying you know the rules is not enough. You need to prove that, and also prove you're able and willing to put some hours into this.

Helping users with issues regarding patches is a welcomed quality, but not the main job of a moderator, and not what we're initially looking for.

Panopticon
Treant Protector

Postby Panopticon » Thu Aug 30, 2018 4:45 am

Going to make it simple, sweet, and to the point:

!AGAINST, and it's safe to say (as his intent was to be primarily an ID mod), the ID community refuses to willingly support this mod application, partially for reasons that FalenGa have made, and that you lack better judgement/skill/whatever you want to call it in literally all departments.

On a more personal and unrelated level, I've done some back checks, and your claims certainly have too many discrepancies with them, so most likely than not, they're false claims.
PSA: Bigtits = Iambackk

tinker_666 = ta-ta

Ben_T
Treant Protector

Postby Ben_T » Thu Aug 30, 2018 5:13 am

I am against this for many reasons. Mainly because I don’t think you have enough experience or knowledge to be a moderator. Another reason is because I don’t think you behave the way a moderator applicant should.
viewtopic.php?f=24&t=133402&p=516763&hilit=Slovak#p516763
While some may not think it matters whether a moderator acts this way and does things like this, I find it showing of what kind of person you are. Since you were planning to be primarily an Island defense moderator, we would like to see something that you can bring to the team that we don’t already have. We currently have 4 Island Defense moderators and Island Defense is not an extremely popular game that we need many moderators for. From what I have seen, i don’t think that you can bring anything to our team that we don’t already have. Therefore, I don’t think that you would be a good fit as a moderator for us.
!against

Slovak
Aura Tree

Postby Slovak » Thu Aug 30, 2018 8:34 am

Hello every one,
Fully accepr your opinion.
I could be moderator in DotA, you can check mine forum account on BK and you will see, i have a lot experience with moderator. I found many dodgers, mhers. But its up to admins :)
Best regards,
Slovak

Jabba41
Protector of Nature

Postby Jabba41 » Thu Aug 30, 2018 12:01 pm

You don't understand what falenga and I tried to tell you in this and your previous app right ?
Send me your best Sloth pictures for instant unban*

*individual results may vary

Slovak
Aura Tree

Postby Slovak » Thu Aug 30, 2018 12:10 pm

I understand. Okay, close it. I will do mine best in next weeks :)
Best regards,
Slovak

Yarragon
Treant

Postby Yarragon » Thu Aug 30, 2018 2:50 pm

@slovak If you're serious about being a moderator get to know the community and work on showing that you can be fair within the rules. You've reviewed almost 0 ban requests posted by other players, and haven't even seemed to reach out to anyone in the community for DotA or Island Defense.

As of right now, nearly all of the Island Defense players that are experienced in the game are *not* in support of you. Now, if you want to focus on DotA that's another story and I cannot comment on your experience there.
"Sura is a God dude, like for real."
-Burn/Timmy/Avion

Haunt
Oversight Staff

Postby Haunt » Sat Sep 01, 2018 9:06 am

I would like to point out that we don't have "ID mods" or "DotA mods". If you are a mod, you are supposed to be able to deal with all the games we host. Not that we would force you to do LTD ban requests if you've ever played the game, but an argument "We got enough ID mods" isn't that great.

I'll leave this open for users to comment and you to start showing us that you really want to be a mod by reviewing and posting your opinion on ban requests as well as joining ENT Discord server (https://discord.gg/23gCRX5) and coming to #mod-candidates (ask Discord Staff for access) in case you have any questions.

Yarragon
Treant

Postby Yarragon » Sat Sep 01, 2018 6:56 pm

Also, what haunt said. While moderators do tend to focus on one or two specific games, they are expected to be able to handle every case that comes through. Ben_T had never played DotA until recently, but was familiar with the rules and able to process accordingly.
"Sura is a God dude, like for real."
-Burn/Timmy/Avion

Merex
Oversight Staff

Postby Merex » Sat Sep 01, 2018 11:22 pm

No reviews on ban requests, just going to follow with some of the above statements.

!against
The Slap God - An EoC Story
  • ENT Rules, Guides and more can be found on our Wiki.
  • Contact the staff & interact with others by joining our Discord.
  • Now available: Host A Game UI.

Haunt
Oversight Staff

Postby Haunt » Tue Sep 18, 2018 2:27 pm

Last active:01 Sep 2018, 15:24

Denied.

Return to “Processed Applications”