Thank you for applying.
psychology
Forest Walker

Psychology.@UsWest

Postby psychology » Sat Sep 01, 2018 5:50 pm

Name: Kody
Discord name: Psychology
Game moderator specialty (see below for choices): Dota/LTD
Brief introduction: Hey, I notice a lot of requests are taking more time to go through. Throughout the day sometimes not a single mod/admin is available. This is a pain with the crashes on dota going on. I am a long time user of WC 3. I played Diablo 2. I am a gamer just like most of you. I am pretty easy going. I am fair, and value my military life which could be beneficial with rules and a proper understanding here.
What are your current hours of playing time (approximate): I typically play after work. About 4-5 hours a day monday-friday. Then I try to get a few games in on the weekend also.
What is your current time zone: MDT
Describe any relevant experience, both in moderating and in Warcraft III: I am a Dota player, and LTD. I have so many games its crazy.... I have never been a moderator. I do though have plenty of leadership experience. If any of you are military, you may understand. I am a 2LT of the Army National Guard, and have a lot of experience leading soldiers, and management.
Why do you want to become a game moderator: I really do not like waiting half a day on my day off for something to process. I want to kick back and play some video games and not having active mods on here limits me. So I would like to participate and help the community by just catching some quick easy processing of ban appeals so other players like myself can continue to [play.
What will you bring to the ENT/Warcraft III community: I will bring fair judgement, relief to some of the other mods ( I know they are working hard), another pair of eyes with enw opinions and a perspective that could potentially help, and I will also bring great leadership qualities that maybe other mods can grow off of, and they may even help members be mroe understanding.
Closing Statement: I have been around ENT for probably 5 years. Requested a few bans, put plenty of time into the games themselves, and have always just been a strong member of the ENT community. I am not trying to make this a full time job, but just provide temporary help as I have noticed wait times for appeals and other processes seeming to take longer. I want to help this community to enjoy their video games on their time off, as thats all I want to do at the end of my day.

A Couple Ban Requests:
viewtopic.php?f=24&t=133033&p=515167#p515167
viewtopic.php?f=24&t=105051&p=415554#p415554

ENT Involvement:
viewtopic.php?f=31&t=125471&p=486567#p486567

FalenGa
Oversight Staff

Re: Psychology.@UsWest

Postby FalenGa » Sat Sep 01, 2018 6:02 pm

Hello Kody,

First of all, thanks for applying.

The most important of the requirements for an applicant is his contribution to the ban requests. Providing reviews and voicing his opinion on whether or not the accused should be banned. This is done in order to prove your rules knowledge and your willingness to invest time are both at the level we are looking for. You currently have no reviews, therefore your application can have no progress.

Furthermore, being active in discord and helping users there while getting to know us and us you is somethng we'd like to see, in order to evaluate your character and potential.

Let me know if you have any questions.

psychology
Forest Walker

Postby psychology » Sat Sep 01, 2018 6:16 pm

Appreciate it. I am just trying to help with the mass amounts of Game Crash appeals or other simple appeals. I understand you guys probably have a format for the positions, but I do not want to wait and provide reviews for the little bit of help I am offering. You may go ahead and remove/process my Application if the review experience is the deciding factor.

Yarragon
Treant

Postby Yarragon » Sat Sep 01, 2018 6:54 pm

psychology wrote:Appreciate it. I am just trying to help with the mass amounts of Game Crash appeals or other simple appeals. I understand you guys probably have a format for the positions, but I do not want to wait and provide reviews for the little bit of help I am offering. You may go ahead and remove/process my Application if the review experience is the deciding factor.

Just going to say it only takes a minute or two to review a replay properly. If you want to help out, take an hour or so on the weekend and get active on a couple different threads. You're likely to be approved after two or three days of doing this, and participating in the discord.

The requirements for moderator status aren't super high, and after being promoted you can focus on the crashes like you want, or doing some of the simple bans like an LTD king juggle, DotA item destruction, or ID leaving bans.
"Sura is a God dude, like for real."
-Burn/Timmy/Avion

Merex
Oversight Staff

Postby Merex » Sat Sep 01, 2018 11:20 pm

Applicant already stated that they're not willing to provide reviews. Following that, more false intention behind becoming a moderator. If you don't have an interest in the actual staff position but only to pursue your own impatience - don't bother applying.

!against
The Slap God - An EoC Story
  • ENT Rules, Guides and more can be found on our Wiki.
  • Contact the staff & interact with others by joining our Discord.
  • Now available: Host A Game UI.

Jabba41
Protector of Nature

Postby Jabba41 » Sat Sep 01, 2018 11:26 pm

We dont accept mods just to let them process a few appeals. If you want to help out you would have to invest some more time into it, show us dedication .

thanks for the offer anyway :)

Denied
Send me your best Sloth pictures for instant unban*

*individual results may vary

Return to “Processed Applications”