What is your current time zone:
Describe any relevant experience, both in moderating and in Warcraft III:
Why do you want to become a game moderator:
What will you bring to the ENT/Warcraft III community:
Closing Statement:

Name: Jacob
Discord name: Turnbull.

Brief introduction:

I am a business Professional with over 10 years combined as a Human Resource as well as Manager experience with my current company. This applies due to making fair and consistent business decisions regarding personnel and protecting the company with incorporating what is best for our clients. I have been playing W3 and probably dota than most of members or even staff have been alive. I make fair and balanced decisions on a daily basis taking a lot of factors into consideration to make a fair and balanced and overall best decision for all parties involved. I have been a working professional since I have been 24 and making principle based decisions. I understand Policy and Procedure or in this case rules and guidelines and I am capable of interpreting and applying in a non biased and fair manner.

Just as a side note when I started Naix had invisi capabilities and SA was non existent. I am an average player not great and not poor, but always balanced and I don't let emotions run my judgement. I live in Texas in U.S. Central Time zone, and play almost every night except when out of town for business meetings or annual sales meetings. I have a 2 year old son that has taught me a lot of patience and leveled me out as far as emotional reactions. I truly enjoy and find dota relaxing.

I have stable internet and rarely have issues other than when comp fails, I have no one to blame other than myself since this is the second PC that I built from scratch and installed all of the hardware and software myself. Usually max ping of around 100 unless all **** breaks loose. I have a degree in criminal justice and enjoy my current job with taking all sides into consideration and following the "Gaps" model to make decisions.

What are your current hours of playing time (approximate):
I pretty much play at a minimum of 2 hours an evening or reading boards to decompress from my daily responsibilities.

What is your current time zone: Central US

Describe any relevant experience, both in moderating and in Warcraft III:
I manage over 200 individuals on a daily basis and make both managerial and Human Resource decisions with conducting employee conduct discussions and investigations.

Why do you want to become a game moderator:
I enjoy dota and want to be able to bring a fair and balanced view along with, I am assuming, one of the "elder statesmen views" to the table.

What will you bring to the ENT/Warcraft III community:
Experience and knowledge of Dota for over a decade along with close to 15 for W3 in general. I offer a fair and balanced viewpoint and don't get emotional in regards to decisions. I have more experience (I am guessing) in real world evaluations of "he said, she said" type scenarios than probably the majority you have on staff. I take great pride in anything that I am in charge of or responsible for and do not take that honor lightly.
Due to the way I handle issues and complaints in my real life role I have had people I have terminated their employment shake my hand and hug me with a thank you.

Closing Statement: I feel I can bring the same type of empathy and analytical skills i have and apply them into this realm to help better serve the dota community. I have been banned over years a few times, but i would estimate 99% is due to blue screen of death and getting classified as "leaver". I know i can bring great value and quick responses to the community and look forward to serving in this capacity.

Success is only as good or great as the team you have around you as a leader. The mark of a great leader is the success of the people that work for you.

Thanks
Jacob.

Quetra
Protector of Nature

Re: [Fill out with your username and realm]

Postby Quetra » Sun Jan 06, 2019 2:23 pm

@10mm

Please read up on our requirements to apply for a moderator position:
http://wiki.entgaming.net/index.php?tit ... g:StaffApp

You need to demonstrate some level of activity on the forum before we can proceed with your application.

It's important that you review some ban requests: have a look at a mix of dota and ltd requests on different topics and give your opinion on the case: identify whether the rule was broken or not and whether it should result in a ban. Once you've done some (I'd recommend somewhere in the region of 10 to give us a proper idea), link them here in the application by editing your post. Don't worry about durations, as we have guidelines for that you can read later.

Quetra
Protector of Nature

Re: [Fill out with your username and realm]

Postby Quetra » Thu Jan 17, 2019 9:01 pm

Denied, feel free to reapply in a few weeks if you feel you are ready by then to do what I asked above.

Return to “Processed Applications”