Astros Mod Application

Thank you for applying.
GipsyRhum
Armored Tree

Re: Astros Mod Application

Postby GipsyRhum » Mon Feb 11, 2019 1:52 pm

I do not know Astros, and after reading the post on this subject, I have a mixed opinion.
On the one hand, I read the posts it was on the forum, it seems to apply and watch dutifully replays, in short on this point there are no worries.
On the other hand, if it turns out that Zammy is indeed Astros, I find it way that on the forum he's mannered while in the game it's a real trashtalker, it should no be an admin behavior.
!Mitiged

Jabba41
Protector of Nature

Postby Jabba41 » Thu Feb 14, 2019 2:21 pm

@Astros want to comment any of the things brought up by others ?
Send me your best Sloth pictures for instant unban*

*individual results may vary

kunkka
Treant

Postby kunkka » Thu Feb 14, 2019 8:25 pm

pinheadlarry wrote:Astros and I am one of the people he has "had banter" with. Unfortunately, he also holds vendettas. For example in the BRQ, he completely ignores all the evidence to vouch for an incorrect ban against a play he has a grudge against. He has huge confirmation bias, and that is a very poor quality for a mod to have. If his attitude could improve, I would be willing to support him, despite our troubled past. Unfortunately, he has a lot of recent baggage and has not seemed to mature.

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=140113&p=542040#p542040

!against

Are you sure you wanna link this thread?
Someone posted brq on you -> Astro said you should be banned -> you got banned -> he was right -> you linking this thread actually helps his application despite you said you are against

Astros
ENT Staff

Postby Astros » Thu Feb 14, 2019 10:01 pm

Jabba41 wrote:@Astros want to comment any of the things brought up by others ?

I don't believe they need to be explained, really. While I do disapprove of my tone in some of these games, they are very rare and much of it is banter from both sides. I don't make any excuses for it but I am competent enough to understand the need to not do so. We can go down the list:

1) Bigtits/Deathnote: Heavily dislikes me because I have made solid arguments that have gotten him banned rightfully due to him flaming. They have created fake ban requests and lied about who I was to try and get me banned. @Quetra could testify to that. Since they are unsuccessful, they have been creating false arguments knowing that if I am a mod, the odds they are banned for breaking the rules are increased. That's all there really is to it.

viewtopic.php?f=24&t=138971&p=536954&hilit=deathnote#p536954

2) Ragegirl: Watch the game. He charges top as Bara and got himself stuck because he wouldn't back/kept attacking - enough for the creeps to surround him. Considering he was level 1, there was no scenario in which he could have killed anyone with full hp. It definitely seemed like a troll move. That set the precedent for our disagreement.

3) PinheadLarry: This actually proves my point. PinheadLarry said he would support me as a mod but then I had an unfavorable view and suggested he should be banned because he refused to cooperate with his teammates. After I stated that, he said I was biased and that would affect my moderating role. For reference, I do not know this individual at all. I do not recall having any interaction with him so for him to proclaim I am biased was quite random. Merex reviewed the game and issued a ban for exactly the same reason I stated. I will state again, ask pinheadlarry to reference where we had a vendetta with one another. I do not recall who he is.

"I was going to support your mod application despite our rough past and give you a second chance. However, I cannot support the application anymore."

Does this not seem like a coincidence?

In every case here, it's a personal vendetta due to my standing on them as game-ruiners. If I don't make a single comment on their ban requests, it doesn't become an issue whatsoever. The problem is, since I am not a mod and am reviewing these games, there is always the possibility of them entering the ban requests to reply back to what I stated and claim I am being biased. If a moderator would review the case, it would be handled then and there, thread is processed, and there wouldn't be the comments from those users to exist. Furthermore, since bigtits/Deathnote have been banned numerous times and rightfully so due to supporting comments by me on their ban requests, it makes me an easy target for them in regards to the purpose of this thread.

Here's the deal: I work as a CPA. It's my job to not be biased in every interaction I have and by me being biased, it would cost me my job in an instant. I understand the role of a moderator fully and yes, the very few instances of banter in DotA would not happen. I'm not sure what evidence or time-restriction you would need to prove the contrary but if that is the reasoning to decline me as a moderator, that's entirely your decision and I wouldn't hold any disagreement(s) with it. But I would ask anyone to name one scenario in which I was biased with my decision or review. Do I dislike some players more than another? Yes. And for anyone claiming they don't is lying. I am responsible enough to understand that it should and will not affect my interaction with them or anyone else. Thank you.
These users thanked the author Astros for the post:
Jabba41 (Thu Feb 14, 2019 11:32 pm)
ENT Custom Games Discord ------------------ https://discord.gg/kGAUdTYZ5B

Anda
LIHL Staff

Postby Anda » Thu Feb 14, 2019 11:37 pm

not to come up as a bitch, as i still like your reviews in general, will you change your ingame behaviour in any time soon? I understand LIHL ( which is my sole experience in moderating to be fair) we kinda live by the mindset lead by example. I dont see yourself behaving ingames as a rolemodel,just seen the examples here by those people that have seem to have a problem with you in general, which for me is a must do as a moderator.Do you believe you will be able to to represent ent values in gaming aswell? Responding to flame or tk with flame yourself imo is the wrong way.Even if its not punishable by ent standards cause it wont be judged as excessive, i really wondered how you come off as a decent and fair guy on forum, but ingame the examples speaks another language.I still support you cause of your forum work, but what id like you to consider is that moderators are expected to always act proper.Would like you to show your mindset in any game aswell, though to be fair, a few quotes from tk triggered games might not show your general behaviour in general at all;)

Astros
ENT Staff

Postby Astros » Thu Feb 14, 2019 11:53 pm

Anda wrote:not to come up as a bitch, as i still like your reviews in general, will you change your ingame behaviour in any time soon? I understand LIHL ( which is my sole experience in moderating to be fair) we kinda live by the mindset lead by example. I dont see yourself behaving ingames as a rolemodel,just seen the examples here by those people that have seem to have a problem with you in general, which for me is a must do as a moderator.Do you believe you will be able to to represent ent values in gaming aswell? Responding to flame or tk with flame yourself imo is the wrong way.Even if its not punishable by ent standards cause it wont be judged as excessive, i really wondered how you come off as a decent and fair guy on forum, but ingame the examples speaks another language.I still support you cause of your forum work, but what id like you to consider is that moderators are expected to always act proper.Would like you to show your mindset in any game aswell, though to be fair, a few quotes from tk triggered games might not show your general behaviour in general at all;)

I agree. Thanks for your concern. There is no way for me to prove it tangibly. I rarely play enough games for this to even happen so it's rare that I ever do trashtalk. There has to be some mutual trust here and again, as I've stated, if those who make the decision do not believe I am capable of it, I respect it. Ultimately, the controversy that stems from this has more to do with individuals who dislike that I had fairly offered my view on them being banned rather than my trashtalk. At this point, I'm not very interested in even playing DotA games. I just want to prevent individuals from ruining the game of others.
ENT Custom Games Discord ------------------ https://discord.gg/kGAUdTYZ5B

Anda
LIHL Staff

Postby Anda » Fri Feb 15, 2019 10:10 am

Thanks for the detailed response, hope you will get the chance to proove yourself. Oh and btw, House lannister<3

Quetra
Protector of Nature

Postby Quetra » Sat Feb 16, 2019 12:40 am

The ingame attitude shown here is not acceptable for a moderator. However, I do not remember any issues with Astros while he was moderator previously: fair judgement and no complaints. I am fairly confident that if he is able to improve on his attitude, he will be a fine moderator.

Application accepted on that basis: if there is any future issues with his behavior then it will be reevaluated.

Return to “Processed Applications”