Thank you for applying.
Astros
ENT Staff

Astros Mod Application

Postby Astros » Wed Feb 06, 2019 11:38 pm

Name: Frank
Discord name: ZaMaRoK#6498
Game moderator specialty (see below for choices): DotA/LTD/HHTD
Brief introduction: Been playing Warcraft III for years and enjoyed the experience with ENT. I have primarily played DotA and TD games so I believe I am qualified to assist and help around in this community. As a former mod here, I believe I have the capacity to continue doing so.
What are your current hours of playing time (approximate): 9:00-12:00 PM
What is your current time zone: EST
Describe any relevant experience, both in moderating and in Warcraft III: I have moderated here before briefly before taking a break and asked to be demoted as I did not want to be asked to help on a particular request if I was not active. I believe most of my moderating has been sufficient and I am fully aware of what my role(s) would be as a moderator. Though I do participate in the occasional banter with some players, they are not of bias and it would not affect how I would proceed with them.
Why do you want to become a game moderator: Have noticed that this community could use a bit more help with Beerlord and other moderators being inactive. Also, with Quetra being promoted, I would assume he has other responsibilities other than what a moderator would do so I would like to fill in some of that void.
What will you bring to the ENT/Warcraft III community: Knowledgeable about the game, experienced player so I can add my point-of-view in certain situations that can contribute, and I have never abused my role as a moderator. Would be willing to help any player to my best capability.
Closing Statement: Quetra suggested I should reapply a few weeks ago but I didn't really feel I should. I actually find it more amusing to help the community than actually playing the game the majority of the time. ENT has served us all very well the past few years and it is through the help of volunteers who take their time to make sure the community operates as it should. Though, as I have admitted, there are less than a handful amount of players who I have had the occasional banter with, I would keep that in mind and can assure it does not affect me in any way in regards to being biased or inappropriateness with my role as a moderator. No one here is perfect so if mistakes are made or I am unsure of a possible solution, I will confer with others staff members. Thank you.

Below, I have attached ban requests that I have reviewed recently.

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=140049&p=541801#p541801
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=140042
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=140043
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=139968
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=139982
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=140012
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=139967
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=140041
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=140018
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=139953
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=140075
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=140038
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=139905
ENT Custom Games Discord ------------------ https://discord.gg/kGAUdTYZ5B

Rain-
ENT Staff

Re: Astros Mod Application

Postby Rain- » Thu Feb 07, 2019 2:47 am

Support!
Astros does have banter with few ppl but I do not believe he will let it bother his moderation in anyway.
His past moderation as staff proves it.

Anda
LIHL Staff

Postby Anda » Thu Feb 07, 2019 11:53 am

Been stumbling sometimes on his posts aswell randomly, he seems fair and fit in his judgement.
!support

Merex
Oversight Staff

Postby Merex » Thu Feb 07, 2019 12:07 pm

Firstly, thank you for you reviews. It's not always swift going through the requests, as I'm sure you know from previous moderation experiences here. However, I do have quite pressing concerns.

I'm not seeing an overall contribution period. While you may have taken said time to sift through the reports, the majority were done within a day. We need to see that you can maintain consistent activity. It's more crucial now than it was before in my opinion. We've a small active group of staff and I want to know that I, alongside my fellow mods, can rely on you to provide such.

Another concern of mine is your previous application - From around November of 2018, there was a brief time where you attempted to rejoin the staff with the same underline you're providing here and that is => "You guys seem like you need help". While this may be true to some extent, we want to see that you still hold a desire to be on staff. That the intention is genuine, the motivation is there. Let's face it, without those, why be a moderator correct? It's something I'm not feeling from you.

And lastly, the board warnings. Yes, they're both mine. And as a moderator of a very long time like myself, it's very disappointing to see ex-staff go "off the rails" and conduct their own trollish/careless attitudes on a forum they once helped manage. It's unideal and unnecessary. You were part of the DotA non-sense outbreak where a good portion of the community was doing nothing but being trolls on the ban request section on an already "hurting" phase of ENT. I'd want to know for certain that if you do step foot back on the staff, that we won't see any of this behavior carry forward.

This, also relates to the "banter" issue in which even yourself mentioned. There's always going to be differences between players and it's your duty as a staff member to separate yourself from that and keep a clear unbiased and fair judgement. While you may have expressed such in your application, I'd want to see it with my own eyes prior to having it posted here.

Overall, given everything I've said, I still don't feel that your heart is in the right place for staff. What I would like to see is for these concerns to be acknowledged, reflected and improved upon for the future and perhaps you'll have my support. But for now, it's just not so.

!against
These users thanked the author Merex for the post:
Astros (Fri Feb 08, 2019 8:24 pm)
The Slap God - An EoC Story
  • ENT Rules, Guides and more can be found on our Wiki.
  • Contact the staff & interact with others by joining our Discord.
  • Now available: Host A Game UI.

Kappa
Protector of Nature

Postby Kappa » Fri Feb 08, 2019 9:14 am

I've always thought Astros showed good judgement and had quality reviews. He was a good asset here at ENT when he was a moderator.

However, I will say I do share some concerns that Merex does. I hope this decision to re-apply isn't an impulsive one. I'd also like you to be active and able to be relied upon for a good period of time and not simply a month after this application. I appreciate you and wanting to help I just hope its long lasting.

Also, some of your relationships with the Dota community and how its negatively spread to the forums at times worries me. We all have people we don't get along with, but moderators need to be unbiased when reviewing brq's and determine the appropriate punishment regardless if the violator is our friend or enemy. I also hope you can set aside your personal feelings and give judgements that fit our guidelines.

These concerns of mine being stated, I do trust Astros to do a good job as he did in the past. His knowledge and time would be valuable here. I will give my !support. Please prove me right.

MvTimeLess
Aura Tree

Postby MvTimeLess » Sat Feb 09, 2019 1:33 am

Support! I rarely write comments, but I have to do this for Astros such great guy helpful and knowledgeable about the game.
from dihl player Smoker_
These users thanked the author MvTimeLess for the post:
Astros (Sat Feb 09, 2019 1:50 am)

Yamina1
Armored Tree

Postby Yamina1 » Sat Feb 09, 2019 5:48 am

One of the best mods and players. Strongly support him as admin.

xSAINTx1
Treant

Postby xSAINTx1 » Sat Feb 09, 2019 6:52 am

I have not played with Astros on many occasions, but as of late, I have had the pleasure to do so. He is a very courteous player, and often times tells me to settle down when I talk shit in public games. He is always leveled headed, and will provide much needed assistance to the ENT staff, during this time of struggle. From what I have witnessed, his comments on ban appeals/requests have never been biased, and he seems to care about the niche community of DotA players that still exist, more than most. He provides good input to posts, and clearly explains the rules/provides hyperlinks as necessary. He seems very fair and knowledgeable on the forums, and is clear that he would be a good candidate for a moderator position (as he has had experience in the past). Having my own personal issues with mr. bigtits, it is unfair to assume Astros would hold bias solely due to the fact that he also plays DotA. In time, Astros will become a valuable asset to the ENT gaming and will allow staff members to have more time for their own leisure.

!support

bigtits
Treant

Postby bigtits » Sat Feb 09, 2019 1:40 pm

Astros/Zammy like to show us the mannered guy he is in forum, but let's take a look about the mannered guy he is in game :

http://storage.entgaming.net/replay/vie ... 665008.w3g
(07:37 / Allied) zammy: leo
(07:39 / Allied) zammy: are u dumb
((08:47 / Allied) zammy: might be retarded
(09:13 / Allied) zammy: product of his mom drinking too much alcohol while pregnant (talking about mothers like a mannered guy right?)
(22:02 / Allied) zammy: sk dont ping me
(22:05 / Allied) zammy: ur a dumbass

http://storage.entgaming.net/replay/vie ... 664378.w3g
(02:19 / Allied) zammy: 3 mid nice
(04:40 / Allied) zammy: all three of u gnna get banned (looks like he wants everyone banned and don't know to read rules, from when going mid is bannable?)
(16:42 / Allied) zammy: are u retarded yellow
(16:56 / Allied) zammy: legitimately braindead

http://storage.entgaming.net/replay/vie ... 661679.w3g
(00:49 / All) zammy: pick ur hero and stfu
(00:53 / All) zammy: and dont cry this time
(00:56 / All) zammy: !ignore youneed
(08:43 / All) zammy: !unignore you
(08:51 / All) zammy: !ignore you
(14:54 / All) zammy: !unignore you (didn't posted all chat but using ignore/unignore only to provoke players)
(21:16 / All) zammy: moron
(25:18 / All) zammy: dont wanna see ur retarded scrub ass again

http://storage.entgaming.net/replay/vie ... 660249.w3g

(06:41 / Allied) zammy: really es?>
(06:50 / Allied) zammy: u deserve to die (wishing death to people congrat)
(08:12 / Allied) Aaahhhh: team of fucking shit

http://storage.entgaming.net/replay/vie ... 661669.w3g
(07:44 / All) zammy: plz FF
(07:47 / All) zammy: u guys are garbage (keep provoking players)
(08:18 / All) zammy: just stfu
(09:58 / All) zammy: retard pudge
(26:41 / Allied) zammy: absolute tard
(34:37 / Allied) zammy: u guys suck
(35:32 / Allied) zammy: es sucks ass
(38:53 / All) zammy: u dont need kills u retard
(39:12 / All) zammy: do u have a brain tumor
(46:17 / Allied) zammy: puck
(46:18 / Allied) zammy: u suck
(46:36 / Allied) zammy: fucking moron
(49:12 / All) zammy: you beat four retards

http://storage.entgaming.net/replay/vie ... 651657.w3g
(10:57 / Allied) zammy: welcome to ent
(11:09 / Allied) zammy: half the players are literally retards (good luck with what he thinks about players and he wanna be an admin)
(20:48 / Allied) zammy: ya u suck
(20:59 / Allied) zammy: everyone says u suck
(21:00 / Allied) zammy: stfu plz
(21:54 / Allied) zammy: ulti him
(21:56 / Allied) zammy: dumbass (he can't calm his nervs when he meet some bad players, gl with him as admin)
(26:59 / Allied) zammy: are u a moron
(32:26 / Allied) zammy: this retard lina
(34:50 / Allied) zammy: !votekick sueno
(35:11 / Allied) Wl5P: -afk
(35:14 / All) Wl5P: he isnt afk
(43:41 / Allied) zammy: mega shit lina

http://storage.entgaming.net/replay/vie ... 647265.w3g
(19:04 / Allied) zammy: teal
(19:06 / Allied) zammy: ur gettuing banned (again and again)
(37:08 / All) zammy: gg retard swift
(37:34 / All) zammy: hate bitches who wont kick game ruiners thats all

Well i just watched some replays, but admins are free to check more, i didn't post all the chat of every games, but in every single games of zammy he is provoking players, he is telling them they are getting banned, he votekick avused a lot and flame a lot too, he blame ent players of beeing "shit" and want to become an admin.
Every single game he flame players and make like he is a so mannered guy in the forum, this is the first guy who will abuse about admin rights !!

Regards
These users thanked the author bigtits for the post (total 2):
ragegirl (Sat Feb 09, 2019 8:28 pm) • DEathN0te (Sat Feb 09, 2019 2:12 pm)

DEathN0te
Armored Tree

Postby DEathN0te » Sat Feb 09, 2019 3:09 pm

First time i played with astros, i asked him something nicely then he ignored me. That was really frustrating, ignoring an ally.
i think a moderator has to be fair, lead by example. If guy that flaming players and searching old stories to bring them out again becomes an admin then all players will flame and do the same.

I also disliked how Astros got me banned for nothing one day by posting 2 times the same game. He intentionally did it because he was banned the same day by a ban request i did the 21/12/2018 : viewtopic.php?f=24&t=138774&p=536298&hilit=khabib#p536298

the same day he got me banned by a fake post : viewtopic.php?f=24&t=138797&p=536359&hilit=ZAMMY&sid=98c52f20484c98b14b1203dfe1972f55#p536359

and here is the result of what he did : viewtopic.php?f=25&t=138952&p=536772&hilit=khabib#p536772 getting ban for nothing...

I'm afraid if Astros becomes an admin he will be like a tyrant knowing that he hates/dislikes many players... I don't think that we as players will feel comfortable with his attitude.

!against
These users thanked the author DEathN0te for the post:
ragegirl (Sat Feb 09, 2019 8:31 pm)

ragegirl
Aura Tree

Postby ragegirl » Sat Feb 09, 2019 8:10 pm

thats the problem!

this game for example:
https://entgaming.net/findstats.php?id=11667584

I didnt flame i didnt talk i did nothing (BEGIN OF GAME!!!!) (and he instant vk-abuse as i failcharge lvl 1 top with stuck) i think he is one of the most toxic player in this forum (i am not better i know, cause i like to flame too)

He (Astros) may be a help to Ent. But I think he is not suitable for the position of an admin! I'm worried he's going to make life hell for some players here. I will avoid any game where he joins. That's for sure. That was my short (insignificant) statement on this matter. The Ent team will decide correctly, I'm sure. Even if you decide to take him as Admin (even then it will be right). I trust in the competence of the ENT team.

nice time all

pinheadlarry
Forest Walker

Postby pinheadlarry » Sun Feb 10, 2019 10:33 am

Astros and I am one of the people he has "had banter" with. Unfortunately, he also holds vendettas. For example in the BRQ, he completely ignores all the evidence to vouch for an incorrect ban against a play he has a grudge against. He has huge confirmation bias, and that is a very poor quality for a mod to have. If his attitude could improve, I would be willing to support him, despite our troubled past. Unfortunately, he has a lot of recent baggage and has not seemed to mature.

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=140113&p=542040#p542040

!against

Ben_T
Treant Protector

Postby Ben_T » Sun Feb 10, 2019 9:33 pm

I support Astros on his application.

He was a good moderator previously and worked hard to help the community.

It’s upsetting to see Merex against the application, claiming Astros went “off the rails,”

And as a moderator of a very long time like myself, it's very disappointing to see ex-staff go "off the rails"

Let’s not forget that other moderators have rage quit from staff before for silly purposes, almost as if they went “off the rails.” If a staff member such as that is allowed back on to the staff, I see no reason Astros wouldn’t be allowed back in that regard. He was a healthy part of the staff.

As for the other people that are against his application, it seems they have their own personal vendetta against Astros and their minds won’t be changed. When playing in a toxic community, if you recognize a name and think you remember them being toxic, then you feel inclined to mute them so you don’t get flamed.

TLDR, !support Astros for mod

Merex
Oversight Staff

Postby Merex » Sun Feb 10, 2019 9:45 pm

Ben_T wrote:It’s upsetting to see Merex against the application, claiming Astros went “off the rails,”

And as a moderator of a very long time like myself, it's very disappointing to see ex-staff go "off the rails"

Let’s not forget that other moderators have rage quit from staff before for silly purposes, almost as if they went “off the rails.” If a staff member such as that is allowed back on to the staff, I see no reason Astros wouldn’t be allowed back in that regard. He was a healthy part of the staff.

It's merely observation of behavior and I don't doubt Astros can turn it around and do become part of our staff again. Just not the right time for it, in my opinion.

Also, not every moderator has been allowed back after "ragequitting" which in itself is a different situation opposed to coming on the forum and making nonsense/trolling posts.
These users thanked the author Merex for the post:
Astros (Mon Feb 11, 2019 1:13 pm)
The Slap God - An EoC Story
  • ENT Rules, Guides and more can be found on our Wiki.
  • Contact the staff & interact with others by joining our Discord.
  • Now available: Host A Game UI.

Panopticon
Treant Protector

Postby Panopticon » Sun Feb 10, 2019 10:02 pm

While I do agree with almost all points made above, with Astros being a good moderator in the past (for the most part), I do have my reservations on him being approved or not. Merex had brought in a number of good points that I agree with on a strictly observational position, though his reviewing skills and judgement shouldn't be tossed because of his attitude.

It's a !reserved vote, in which If he proves himself I'd gladly support, but right now it just seems to be a timing issue and I'm generally skeptical on these things.

~~~

On a side note, I've also noticed that the only other people vehemently against him being a moderator are those with a mob/witch hunt mentality or those that are partial in breaking/twisting the rules and know that they would've (almost instantly) banned for such if/after astros was a mod, which two of such individuals already have a colorful relationship and history with the banlist and rules.
These users thanked the author Panopticon for the post:
Astros (Mon Feb 11, 2019 1:13 pm)
PSA: Bigtits = Iambackk

tinker_666 = ta-ta

Return to “Processed Applications”