HowlingAbyss@entconnect

Thank you for applying.
SnowwyWolf
Treant

HowlingAbyss@entconnect

Postby SnowwyWolf » Tue Jun 04, 2019 1:17 pm

Name: Dan
Discord name: SnowwyWolf#6785
Game moderator specialty (see below for choices): Legion TD would be my speciality with a willingness to branch in to Dota, including maphack reports.
Brief introduction: I'm Dan, aged 27 years old I have been playing video games for pretty much my entire life, I started Warcraft 3 around 14 years ago when I was 13. I remember when I used to play on ENT bots all of the time and added them to my friends list depending if I wanted to play troll and elves or LTD.
What are your current hours of playing time (approximate): They are all over the place as I work shifts varying from 6am until 7:30pm and I have a family to take care of, mostly at night time though from 8pm onwards.
What is your current time zone: GMT / BST (GMT +1).
Describe any relevant experience, both in moderating and in Warcraft III: I have moderated on various forums, one of which was for D3Scene, I have also moderated for other forums, I do ticket support work for a bot I use for a different game. Quite a few places over the past 10 years but I cannot remember them all, I have also been a moderator on the OGame forums.
Why do you want to become a game moderator: I see you have your hands full with requests and more flooding in every single day, I wish to help get through those and provide a more pleasant community for everyone whereby those who go beyond just being a bit toxic and go to the extent of game ruining, face applicable punishments.
What will you bring to the ENT/Warcraft III community: I would like to think I'd bring quality to the community but more importantly with additional staff those who think they can get away with breaking the rules and not getting punished for weeks will now have to think again. I know with more staff, we can achieve more together for the ENT community. Essentially I would like to create a more pleasant community for everyone here.
Closing Statement: I do not feel you would be disappointed by a promoting me to a member of the staff team here, I am a quick learner and always strive to expand my knowledge in order to be more effective at any position you may deem appropriate for me. I will get through so many ban reports as to try to help unclog the endless stream of requests you get in on a daily basis. I will not presume to always be right either, we can learn from any mistakes we make and that is what I'd bring to the table.

I would like to finish by thanking all of the staff here for the hard work they are doing and whether I'm accepted or declined, I am happy to be a part of the ENT community.

Pyrosha
Aura Tree

Re: HowlingAbyss@entconnect

Postby Pyrosha » Thu Jun 06, 2019 1:10 pm

!support
Could use some fresh & active blood in the br/ba section.
These users thanked the author Pyrosha for the post:
SnowwyWolf (Sun Jun 09, 2019 10:43 am)

cuiloo
Basic Tree

Postby cuiloo » Fri Jun 07, 2019 3:21 pm

support, from what I've seen you seem to lack personel to handle all requests and if someone is willing he should be accepted.
These users thanked the author cuiloo for the post:

Kappa
Protector of Nature

Postby Kappa » Sat Jun 08, 2019 8:15 pm

Went through your reviews, no real issues. I see some areas where mistakes are made but it's more issues with not understanding how we apply some of our rules here at ENT I believe. Judgement seems good for the most part. I think if you received some help from a moderator / asked them questions you could become a useful asset to the team. Keep staying active and learning; ask questions when you are unsure on anything. Much of what you need to know is also outlined in the handbook as well.

In short, I think you have potential to be a great moderator with some more experience. Seeing as ENT needs helps atm !support for trial and goodluck.
These users thanked the author Kappa for the post (total 3):
HazarDous (Sat Jun 15, 2019 5:01 pm) • SnowwyWolf (Sun Jun 09, 2019 9:31 am) • Merex (Sun Jun 09, 2019 6:40 am)

nitehawk
Armored Tree

Postby nitehawk » Sun Jun 09, 2019 8:13 am

He has been very active helping the br/ba .
!support
These users thanked the author nitehawk for the post:

Astros
ENT Staff

Postby Astros » Sun Jun 09, 2019 4:15 pm

I have been speaking with SnowwyWolf throughout his tenure here and he seems to be quite dedicated to helping this community. Though he is new around here, he is a very intuitive individual who makes sure to ask for advice when needed. I would like to see more activity before finally being approved but I am confident he will be a great addition to the community with not only his demeanor and attitude but in making sure that players who break the rules are dealt with properly.

!support for trial as well.
These users thanked the author Astros for the post:
SnowwyWolf (Sun Jun 09, 2019 6:42 pm)
ENT Custom Games Discord ------------------ https://discord.gg/kGAUdTYZ5B

Akitos
Treant Protector

Postby Akitos » Tue Jun 11, 2019 11:05 pm

Just had a game vs that guy. I asked to pause because blue was afk for 1-2 more minutes. That guy constantly unpaused, not giving a fuck. I know it's not against the rules, but it shows very poor sportsmanship. It's 100% common practice on ENT to wait for AFKs and not unpause without asking if everyone is there. Even after being confronted he did not feel like he was doing anything wrong.

As Astros said, he's new around here. And that shows. I can't speak for what he did or will do in terms of moderating forums, but he's clearly not familar with how things are going ingame. He's on ENT for less than a month, not knowing the habits of the game he's applying for, and you seriously consider giving this guy mod? I know you must be desperate, seeing how inactive ENT has become and how few players we have, but c'mon. This is going too far. He's not ready.
Last edited by Akitos on Tue Jun 11, 2019 11:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
These users thanked the author Akitos for the post:
SnowwyWolf (Wed Jun 12, 2019 12:02 am)
LTD 1 & 2 veteran | full-time streamer @twitch/akitos

Snoobzzz
Resource Storage

Postby Snoobzzz » Tue Jun 11, 2019 11:15 pm

He did some good reviews in the cases he looked at.
I dont think his behavior in this game is worth to promote him tho. You should take a look at it and maybe watch some more of his replays before promoting him.
Tldr : Unpausing multiple times while we had a afk. Talking nonsense that we stack, while we are just 3 friends playing together and justifies his unpause because of that.
I wouldnt want an admin that act this way in a game.
http://storage.entgaming.net/replay/vie ... 748042.w3g
These users thanked the author Snoobzzz for the post:
SnowwyWolf (Wed Jun 12, 2019 12:02 am)

SnowwyWolf
Treant

Postby SnowwyWolf » Tue Jun 11, 2019 11:53 pm

Snoobzzz wrote:He did some good reviews in the cases he looked at.
I dont think his behavior in this game is worth to promote him tho. You should take a look at it and maybe watch some more of his replays before promoting him.
Tldr : Unpausing multiple times while we had a afk. Talking nonsense that we stack, while we are just 3 friends playing together and justifies his unpause because of that.
I wouldnt want an admin that act this way in a game.
http://storage.entgaming.net/replay/vie ... 748042.w3g

Please do go as far back through my replays as you wish to see my behaviour, there is always room for improvement in every single ENT player. I did not talk 'nonsense' that you stack and I am unsure as to why you see it as such a bad word, how are you not stacking? Besides, it doesn't matter that you are and I said that in-game, not sure why you have taken it so badly.

I did unpause when you said there was an AFK but I did not want to wait, I did not think it was an issue and he was back on time with over 1 minute to spare. Whilst it may not be the most sportsmanlike behaviour it certainly wasn't rule breaking.

I did not flame a single one of your team and yet you guys called me a fucker and whatever other insults, I did not even respond to this in kind and simply ignored it, personally I feel if the only reason you do not wish to see me become a member of staff is because I unpaused in a game once, when there was an AFK, then I would say no one would ever be able to become staff members.

I have done one very minor thing, in a single game and that to you is a sufficent reason to deny my staff application? I personally feel that is an unreasonable and impeccable standard you are requesting here, although I do appreciate you taking the time to post here and I can assure you and every one else I will not unpause on an 'AFK' ever again unless my team is in agreement it's been excessive.

I am not above getting feedback and listening to it, consider your single concern about me becoming a staff member well received and listened to.

Kappa
Protector of Nature

Postby Kappa » Wed Jun 12, 2019 1:56 am

There is no requirement in the rules for users to wait for pauses/AFK. Additionally, there is no rule requiring staff members to wait for pauses either.

However, I do hold staff members to a higher standard than regular users. They should be the 'nicer' one in games helping new players, explaining rules, being generally courteous, etc. I'd hope a staff member would wait for some time for another player.

That being said, @Akitos @Snoobzzz what you are doing is taking advantage of the staff app process in attempt to get back at the OP because you are upset with him. This 'incident' in no way proves @SnowwyWolf 's inability to review ban requests and issue just bans - the primary responsibility of new staff members.

Nothing here is substantial enough for me to remove my !support and initial comments.
These users thanked the author Kappa for the post:
Merex (Tue Jun 18, 2019 3:54 am)

Akitos
Treant Protector

Postby Akitos » Wed Jun 12, 2019 8:56 am

SnowwyWolf wrote:I did unpause when you said there was an AFK but I did not want to wait, I did not think it was an issue and he was back on time with over 1 minute to spare. Whilst it may not be the most sportsmanlike behaviour it certainly wasn't rule breaking.

I know, and that's the problem. You're applying for LTD Mod, yet you don't know that unpausing with an AFK effectively denies the AFK player the opportunity to send warriors. This results in the opposing team freely underbuilding wave 1, as they know chances of recieving warriors are much lower now. There is written rules, and there is unwritten ones. Not unpausing in LTD when there is an AFK is an unwritten ENT rule ever since I started playing here (almost 6 years ago).

You're so new here that you don't seem to be aware of the unwritten rules of LTD, which is why I believe you're not ready for being an LTD mod.

SnowwyWolf wrote:and he was back on time with over 1 minute to spare.

As if that mattered. He was late with his wisp due to your unpauses and the fact that he returned to at least build has nothing to do with your actions. Him returing was pure luck. It did not happen, so that's only wild guessing, but I think you would've kept unpausing even if he was not to return for wave 1 at all. Since you know "it's not against the rules"...

Do you guys really wanna mod someone who is on ENT for less than a month?
LTD 1 & 2 veteran | full-time streamer @twitch/akitos

Haunt
Oversight Staff

Postby Haunt » Wed Jun 12, 2019 9:36 am

@akitos there are no “unwritten” rules for any ENT games. Not unpausing is good sportsmanship but if someone wants to keep playing, they can.

So unless you have some real issues, let’s not go more off topic.
These users thanked the author Haunt for the post:
SnowwyWolf (Wed Jun 12, 2019 11:29 am)

Snoobzzz
Resource Storage

Postby Snoobzzz » Wed Jun 12, 2019 9:55 am

Kappa wrote:That being said, @Akitos @Snoobzzz what you are doing is taking advantage of the staff app process in attempt to get back at the OP because you are upset with him. This 'incident' in no way proves @SnowwyWolf 's inability to review ban requests and issue just bans - the primary responsibility of new staff members.

Nothing here is substantial enough for me to remove my !support and initial comments.

@Kappa I never denied the fact that he is able to review brq and issues with bans. I even mentioned he did some good reviews. And even tho i'm involved in this, i try to be as objective as i can in my posts. I was just talking about my understanding of beeing a staff member in any community.
As you mentioned i'm also a person that thinks as a staff member you should have higher standarts, beeing nicer and cooperate with everyone.

That wasnt the case this game.

SnowwyWolf
Treant

Postby SnowwyWolf » Wed Jun 12, 2019 9:37 pm

I'm sure you can pick a single game from each and every staff member here which does not equate to the higher standards you expect although I am sure the main argument in this instance is the fact that I have only been a member of this community for a few weeks. In response to this, I would like to say a few things for your consideration :
- I have plenty of experience moderating and ticket handling in many different gaming communities, whilst this is not ENT specific, it is very much relevant to the task at hand.
- My only incident to date is a single instance of unpausing a game whilst the other team had an AFK, I agree this is not sportsmanlike behaviour and will make sure it does not occur again in the future, we all have room for improvement after all.
- Trials exist for a reason, even more so when someone is newer to the community, the probation period, if you will, could be even longer.
- ENT very much does require more active moderators in order to go through the BRQ's and appeals, there are 6 pages worth at this point and more flooding in every day, all I ask is for the chance to prove myself and if I do not live up to expectations or the standard expected, simply demote me.

Overall I feel given my previous experience moderating various gaming communities, the urgent need for more moderators here coupled for my willingness to try to do some good for ENT, I feel I'd be a good pick and would very much like the opportunity to prove that. Actions do speak louder then words hence I have plenty of examples in my short tenure here of what you can expect from me in dealing with BRQ's and appeals. I am very much for learning and looking forward to continuing to be an active member of the ENT community.

epicdeath
Treant

Postby epicdeath » Thu Jun 13, 2019 2:51 am

Its good you have experience moderating and whilst ( @hazardous <3) your being new to ENT doesn't pose a major issue in my mind for this application the concern I do have is the fact that you are inexperienced at the games you intend to moderate.

This inexperience obviously wont matter with many cases such as flaming and solosend, however, I'd be interested to hear whether you feel ready to make an informed decision on cases such as king juggling in 1200, teamkill through sending improper units, selling to push or building incorrectly as well as !ff abuse where you need to evaluate whether the game is 'over' with only one side of information. To me, these sorts of brq's require a reasonable amount of game knowledge elsewise it can certainly lead to a lot of dissatisfaction amongst players, even if they are handled well, due to the level of subjectivity involved. Being very new to the game can only make this worse, not better if it occurs.

Anyway this isn't nosupport, I'm just curious whether you're confident to handle the more complicated cases and if not what you might intend to do about it. Best of luck with the application.
These users thanked the author epicdeath for the post:
SnowwyWolf (Thu Jun 13, 2019 6:36 pm)

Return to “Processed Applications”