LittlePine@useast.battle.net

Thank you for applying.
LittlePine
Forest Walker

LittlePine@useast.battle.net

Postby LittlePine » Fri Oct 23, 2015 1:03 pm

Name: Tyler

Game moderator specialty (see below for choices): Ent moderator

Brief introduction: Hi my name is Tyler, most of you know me as LittlePine though. I live in The U.S., Virginia specifically, and i love playing Wc3!! Most of my time is dedicated to this game if i'm not in school. I Love working out and playing some basketball. I'm 6'6 235lbs so hopefully i don't get any bigger :geek: . I am currently extremely active on site and wc3, more on this site, and always will be.

What are your current hours of playing time (approximate): I play about 6-8 hours of wc3 a day, but am active on site for about 10-12 hours a day.

What is your current time zone: EST

Describe any relevant experience, both in moderating and in Warcraft III: I have had alot of past experience being an admin and game mod. I was an admin for clan WD hosting bots on uswest for about 6 months. I was also BGN admin for about 4 before it converted into OHS, i left. I was also an admin in clan aG for about a year. Clan VFR and aG, both vampirism fire clans, merged to clan VFG, which i never joined due to inactivity in that game. I have been playing on ENT bots for about 2 years and Wc3 for about 3-4 and i hope to make it 30-40.

Why do you want to become a game moderator: I am very familiar with FCD, its pros and cons, and when to and not to use it. I am pretty familiar with ban request and very consistent on keeping up with them on a daily basis. I know there has been a recent shortage in Ent Game Mods as well as a backup of ban request for pages long that i hope to knock out ;) I just want to have a good time with this game and keep it clean, fair, and simple so everyone else can have a good time. People who break the rules, waste peoples time, and don't comply with Mods just don't deserve to play the game, and i'd like to help this community out by contributing to this cause!

What will you bring to the ENT/Warcraft III community: Well i hope to bring pecan pie, oatmeal cookies, and oh wait i mean i hope to bring fairness and joy to all ent players of course! I really enjoy this game and i don't want to see someone not enjoy it... I plan on staying on top of the ban request and ban appeals everyday with my 10-12 hours of time on this site. I hope to always be helpful and supportive to anyone and everyone who needs it. Like i said i have many many experiences in moderation and administration on wc3 including communication, social abilities, dispute/problem solving, and alot of skill in the art of ban request ;) I would consider my self fairly skilled in dota so i'm really excited to help new players out, and help keep the community fair.

Closing Statement: Well i hope this isn't to fast, i just feel like i belong already... Just such a great community to be apart of, who wouldn't want to help out? I've been encouraged by a few staff members to apply so i figured i'd give it a shot!

This is my original application, didn't see anything wrong with it, so i figured i'd re-post it, don't want to seem lazy though.
Side note, sorry for being inactive from 10/2/15 - 10/8/18. I had huge exams/tests i was spending my free time studying and preparing for that i felt was more important. No more for 3-4 months. As well as 10/5/15 - 10/11/15 i had just got my application for a job accepted so i had to spend my remaining free time training for the job. As of 10/13/15 I have had a set schedule and plenty of free time to resume my posting, again wanted to apologize for being inactive during that time. But seeing as i do have a job now some free time during week will be taken weekends in particular, but mostly i have time to spare. Judging from my previous app it was fine so i am just going to add more request and see how this goes :D

I'd also like to add my computer broke on 10/21/15 so TODAY hopefully i get it back fixed, if not this weekend, but i do apologize for that.

Ban Appeals:

My Ban Request:

Since last app.

More BRQ:

More Ban Appeal:

More of My BRQ:
Spoiler!
https://entgaming.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=70182&p=282237#p282237
Last edited by LittlePine on Fri Oct 23, 2015 4:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Love your enemies. It makes them so damned mad." - P.D. East
"Stupidity is far more fascinating than intelligence, after all intelligence has it's limits."
"Quantity is what you count, quality is what you count on."
-Love-

KinG23
Protector of Nature

Re: LittlePine@useast.battle.net

Postby KinG23 » Fri Oct 23, 2015 3:14 pm

Your posts really aren't that helpful, especially in appeals. I haven't seen consistent and solid help in the ban requests section. Your help seems to be sporadic, and advice given on ban requests does not reflect the rules all the time, which is a must.

For example, here you analyze a game based on not watching the replay or properly knowing the rules. To be a moderator, you must know the rules in and out, and enforce them regardless of your opinion on whether or not you agree with them.

https://entgaming.net/forum/viewtopic.p ... ne#p285742

I have also seen flaming in games and on the forum by you. It also hurt your case for you to argue in chat about leaving 7 minutes early because the game was "over" in your eyes, so that gave you the right to leave. You stay until the end, or unless your entire team forfeits.

I do not support this application.
*kisses*

nabo.
Donator

Postby nabo. » Fri Oct 23, 2015 3:53 pm

Fix your links plz
Clan High@useast

• Check the wiki for ENT rules and general information.
  • Talk to mods on ENT chat.
  • Host games through our bots, Manage your stats, Secure your account(s), and check your ban status on ENT LINK.

Brando
Forest Walker

Postby Brando » Fri Oct 23, 2015 3:57 pm

!against

I posed on the his last application that he has a major behavior problem, and it has not changed. I also agree with @King23 that his posts are hardly helpful on the forums. I mostly see bias and opinionated posts.

aRt)Y
Protector of Nature

Postby aRt)Y » Fri Oct 23, 2015 4:29 pm

Brando wrote:I mostly see bias and opinionated posts.
Such as?
    Information, Rules, Guides and everything else you need to know about ENT is on the ENT Wiki.
      Ignorantia juris non excusat • Quis custodiet ipsos custodes? • Fallacy of composition

LittlePine
Forest Walker

Postby LittlePine » Fri Oct 23, 2015 4:48 pm

KinG23 wrote:Your posts really aren't that helpful, especially in appeals. I haven't seen consistent and solid help in the ban requests section. Your help seems to be sporadic, and advice given on ban requests does not reflect the rules all the time, which is a must.

For example, here you analyze a game based on not watching the replay or properly knowing the rules. To be a moderator, you must know the rules in and out, and enforce them regardless of your opinion on whether or not you agree with them.

https://entgaming.net/forum/viewtopic.p ... ne#p285742

I have also seen flaming in games and on the forum by you. It also hurt your case for you to argue in chat about leaving 7 minutes early because the game was "over" in your eyes, so that gave you the right to leave. You stay until the end, or unless your entire team forfeits.

I do not support this application.

In appeals there is only so much one can do to help and guide a user, telling them to download gproxy to help lag problems is very helpful imo, some other post simple as "ban expired" is because, well it expired so im telling who ever reviews it that it has already expired. There has been some solid and semi-consistent help in brq as far as im concerned. I have had some real life events to take care of and problems, everyone has these, but i have still kept up in carrying my own weight, i try to post multiple times everyday whether its in the brq or appeals, mostly can do appeals because i attend school on a daily basis. I have had a case or two where i was a little bias and did not refer back to the rules but 95% of the time i do, which is a part of learning. I guess my most didn't seem that relate-able to the rules, was more of an opinion post which i try not to do, but i couldn't confirm most of the actions presented as i had stated i was unable to watch the replay so was only giving my personal opinion, which of course i won't do again.

Very rare i flame in game these days... maybe i can be obnoxious but i never blatantly flame anyone on purpose. Not sure when i have flamed on forum, i can honestly say i have NEVER flamed, but maybe a word or two, correct me if im wrong, not sure of this either but i typically do not.

With the 7 minute early case again that was apart of learning which i had talked about, wasn't just about my opinion, the throne was dieing so i was 99% sure that the thrown was going to die with in 10 seconds so i left, apparently it didnt, again apart of learning, now i have never left early like that again, prove me if im wrong, but its all about learning and i think i have learned alot since the beginning of my last app until now. THanks for your opinion though, i really do appreciate it so i can learn from this. @king23

Brando wrote:!against

I posed on the his last application that he has a major behavior problem, and it has not changed. I also agree with @King23 that his posts are hardly helpful on the forums. I mostly see bias and opinionated posts.

Can you please prove this or provide any evidence? I know there are some that don't like me because my skill level isn't great in DIHL but that doesn't make the assumption that i am an ill-mannered person and i have "i behavior problem that has not changed" what ever that means, can you go into details and provide evidence? Im really not sure what behavior problem i have, thanks.

I like the fact that littlepine aka (ultrafresh) decided that it was time for a change, and he wanted to contribute to the ent community. He has done alot of work and put in alot of time on the forums providing good and useful info to many people in a short amount of time, which is certainly not the problem I have here.

You also said this in my last app, now im confused, you siad i provided good and useful information to many people and it wasn't the problem you had with me, but now you think its useless and bias? Which is it, your contradicting yourself here. IF its biased then can you provide example's? Please and thanks.
"Love your enemies. It makes them so damned mad." - P.D. East
"Stupidity is far more fascinating than intelligence, after all intelligence has it's limits."
"Quantity is what you count, quality is what you count on."
-Love-

Haunt
Oversight Staff

Postby Haunt » Fri Oct 23, 2015 5:49 pm

Littlepine, well done taking that out of context. Read the whole post in your last application. His opinion hasn't changed.

Neither has mine.

Brando
Forest Walker

Postby Brando » Fri Oct 23, 2015 7:13 pm

Don't kid yourself. You know that you are an outstanding flamer. You have been parading on the forums with this little "good guy" act, and its easy to spot. Go watch your own replays and see how obnoxious and idiotic you are. As you can see, Haunt has already read you, and so have I. My opinion on you hasn't changed, and possibly will never. It would be shocking if I were to ever be under the power of someone such as yourself. Not once have I seen you be genuine and acted well-mannered once in the span that I have known you. You seem to have a sarcastic and childish attitude consistently and it is honestly very disgusting. You can put on this act on this video game forum all you want, but in real life, it won't work that way. You can show all the time you have spent on the forums, and all the time you have invested into commenting on Ban requests and Ban appeals, but anyone can be a robot and do that. A real moderator has genuine qualities that many players enjoy having on staff. If the ENT staff is looking for a person with robot-like qualities that spends all there time on forums , then they probably got the right guy. But if they are looking for a person that will improve the community with a positive mental attitude then you are not the person.

BiLyA
Treant

Postby BiLyA » Fri Oct 23, 2015 8:12 pm

!against

He doesn't seem familiar with the rules, he posts in a lot appeals without even checking the replay and his posts aren't helpful either. He doesn't seem able to state a fair opinion on mh cases where there aren't obvious clicks.
Also, if im right and this guy aka is ultrafresh, then we're talking about a hacker that would join games with his stack just to make fun of poor noobs with his shittalk after they were complaining about his suspicious movements.
https://youtu.be/jYFefppqEtE Bravely bold Sir Robin rode forth from Camelot 8-)

Mercy

Postby Mercy » Fri Oct 23, 2015 8:58 pm

!against

While real life does become a priority, it is suspicious that it occurred right after you were denied and your activity picked up again at the 2-3 week mark.

Your comments are still lacking constructive points, very few are the quality we need that show your understanding of rules. I have commented and processed on ones you have posted in, and there were times when your statements were contradictory to the rules.

There are other instances where you still pull in things like, "Dont play the victim here, buddy", etc. Moderators are to hold themselves to a higher accountability, especially on the forums, especially ingame. This type of behavior is not something mods welcome as a whole.

If you ask, I will provide links to these instances, but will have to do so when i get home from work.

Hatedmaru

Postby Hatedmaru » Fri Oct 23, 2015 10:34 pm

Pros: Seems to know how to use tools, can be neutral most of the times

Cons: Activity somewhat random, posts sometimes are sort of irrelevant to the topic itself

To be honest, i'm standing against this app as well: Your posts/activity is random (not reliable to be honest - Last time your staff application was denied, you simply disappeared of the forum for a while + your posts sometimes are on spot with the topic & other times your post is rather aggressive or irrelevant to the topic), and i dont see any passion/desire from your side in becoming a moderator -> Dind't see it in your last application, and neither do i see it this time.

Larz

Postby Larz » Fri Oct 23, 2015 11:14 pm

At first I was for he was active and as to most of the things we do as mods can be taught....seeing his few recent post i do not see him as really understanding basic rules of ent and has lack of knowledge of our wiki which he should have been reviewing and asking questions on since his last application. We also have no tolerance for flaming from our staff
against!

KinG23
Protector of Nature

Postby KinG23 » Mon Oct 26, 2015 5:29 am

No posts in 3 days since posting this application... similar to when application got denied last time. Only appears a few days before applying each time. This confirms a lack of motivation and desire to become a moderator.

This definitely confirms my !against to this application.
*kisses*

nabo.
Donator

Postby nabo. » Mon Oct 26, 2015 5:57 am

Seems that the staff and the community are against your application, mainly due to trust and activity concerns.

If you are serious in becoming part of our team, please redeem yourself by consistently helping us out and improving your overall post quality.

Denied for 3 months.
Clan High@useast

• Check the wiki for ENT rules and general information.
  • Talk to mods on ENT chat.
  • Host games through our bots, Manage your stats, Secure your account(s), and check your ban status on ENT LINK.

Return to “Processed Applications”