Hyo@europe

Thank you for applying.
Hatedmaru

Hyo@europe

Postby Hatedmaru » Sat Jun 04, 2016 3:28 am

Name: Hyorinmaru. @europe / Ricardo (Richard)

Game moderator specialty (see below for choices): DotA, but willing to learn on others if required

Brief introduction: Heya, I'm Ricardo, i'm 25 years old as stated before. Currently working at a contact center (BackOffice area), my hobbies are: Listening to music, Reading, cinema, Playing DotA and others (Final fantasy fan :) ) ; I've started playing warcraft for around 10 years now. Started as a ladder player, where i simply loved human/undead tactics. Then started playing Footmen Frenzy, and played a few more games meanwhile (Old Angel Arena, Green solo/team TD, ) until i started playing dota. Had a break back in 2008/2009, since i was bored and had some personal issues meanwhile, then came back and been playing DotA, for these last years

What are your current hours of playing time (approximate): Might vary, but im definitely active (at least 1-4 hours every day)

What is your current time zone: UTC/GMT +1 hour

Describe any relevant experience, both in moderating and in Warcraft III: Since i was a warcraft 3 player, i've been used to be on Leading positions (Chief/Shaman). While as ladder player, i was shaman in portuguese ladder clans, where i had to make sure there were none inactive players inside clan, make sure clan stats were positive and was responsible for training games (1vs1, 2vs2 and so on). When i started playing DotA, i entered a dota clan called AEU (Asian and European Union), where i also had to manage players, train them, and enforce rules ingame back then, since there was no forum (The rules back then were more simple also: Flaming, afk, grief, intencional game ruining ^^). Also played DotA League for a few months. This is when i had my break from DotA, and gaming due to personal issues. Then, near the end of 2010, i came back and started playing DotA again. At 2011, in the beginning, i entered Dota clan Rway (Rebel's Way), where i started as grunt, in one week was shaman due to great work in recruiting new members, and 3-4 months later, we forged a wing to the clan (since we already had over 100 members who wanted to join us), and RwEE was forged, i went there as shaman. Sadly a few months later, that clan chieftain quitted due to inactivity, and for 2 weeks i had to work under pressure, managing two clans (since most shamans were also inactive), managing both forum, clan. I used to review near 4-5 ban requests back then, since there were a lot of itemstealers, item destruction, excessive flaming (No !ignore option back there sadly ^^). Due to differences between me and main clan boss, i ended quitting (These differences if you wish to know, were mostly i intended to train new ppl to the game, while he wanted to take the clan to a professional level, and he wouldn't accept otherwise). I was also helping and moderating DcT clan (Checked requests, appeals, suggestions and complaints).

Why do you want to become a game moderator: Well so far i think this community is good, and i think i can contribute to it as well, not only reviewing forum work (requests, appeals, etc) but also educating players ingame to play under ENT rules (Would never enforce rules ingame, unless it's needed, and that would mainly be !mute that person for maybe 2-3 minutes if the flaming goes over the top). I'm active and i'd be glad to learn more about ENT community and be of help as well.

What will you bring to the ENT/Warcraft III community: I will try my best to stay on top of forum work, helping people and enforcing rules (via brq) when it's needed. I'll also try to educate people ingame and help them wherever i can.

Closing Statement: Well that's your decision :) i think i've said enough for now, any more questions feel free to ask, i might have forgotten something meanwhile.

Quoted my last app, since most of it remains the same, the only major difference is the fact i've been an ENT Moderator for an year and half (and Administrator for almost a year).

So what can you expect from me? Someone who is passionate about ENT, active, capable of following rules/procedures, and who is willing to focus on his not so good aspects, and work on them to ensure things will work better this time ;)

So i'm applying since i'd like to come back, and help in the forum as i've done before
You don't know what you have until it's gone
never made more sense than lately (I did resign on my own, but i can't deny that i do care a lot and enjoy doing what i used to do, despite whatever happens (Certainly helps a lot when you get positive feedback, and people remind you why you want to continue, even when things aren't okay - and for that, i want to thank each and every one of you that lately has taken some time, to show me and remind me of it =) )

Feel free to ask if there's any information missing

Appeals:

viewtopic.php?f=25&t=90003
viewtopic.php?f=25&t=89827
viewtopic.php?f=25&t=88968
viewtopic.php?f=25&t=88946
viewtopic.php?f=25&t=88936

BRQs:

viewtopic.php?f=55&t=90238 - LoD
viewtopic.php?f=24&t=89101 - BS
viewtopic.php?f=24&t=88891 - ID
viewtopic.php?f=24&t=88882 - LTD
viewtopic.php?f=24&t=88857 - BS
viewtopic.php?f=24&t=88516 - AW
viewtopic.php?f=24&t=88565 - CF
viewtopic.php?f=24&t=88793 - LoD
viewtopic.php?f=24&t=88674 - NWU
viewtopic.php?f=24&t=87196 - CF
viewtopic.php?f=24&t=88099 - NWU
viewtopic.php?f=24&t=88919 - ID
viewtopic.php?f=172&t=88616 - BS

Dong
Donator

Re: Hyo@europe

Postby Dong » Sat Jun 04, 2016 3:54 am

Hi Richard.

Yes, we really need you back babe ;) <3

One bobo to rule them all-

Approved by Dong-
Thou shall self tk.

Arii
Protector of Nature

Postby Arii » Sat Jun 04, 2016 3:57 am

+1
Hyo, as always, has been a great help in the ENT community. Activity has never died down, and accuracy and knowledge has never been an issue. Overall, he'd always be a great addition.

Hope to see you back Hyo! :D
Having an unstable internet connection or a high risk of lagging out? Are you tired of losing a won game because you disconnected?
    Do not worry, there are solutions to solve your problem!
    • ENT Connect is a on LAN connection based reconnection tool (no cd-keys needed).
    • GProxy++(Varlock) is a reconnection tool for the battle.net with an external prompt.
    • GProxy++ DLL is a reconnection plugin for battle.net (Recommended).
    For technical issues or questions, post a topic in the technical support forum.

Merex
    Oversight Staff

Postby Merex » Sat Jun 04, 2016 7:03 am

Hyo coming back?? ENT sees the light of day once again!

+1
    The Slap God - An EoC Story
    • ENT Rules, Guides and more can be found on our Wiki.
    • Contact the staff & interact with others by joining our Discord.
    • Now available: Host A Game UI.

Mercy

Postby Mercy » Sat Jun 04, 2016 11:20 am

+1 As always, Hyo is one of ENT's most respected moderators. I don't say 'was' because he is constantly being fair and helpful, remaining a rock to many of us here who have trouble. Always will be support from me.

Jabba41
    Protector of Nature

Postby Jabba41 » Sat Jun 04, 2016 12:26 pm

Beeing free to flame harder ingame got boring quite quickly ? :D

+1
    Send me your best Sloth pictures for instant unban*

*individual results may vary

Haunt
    Oversight Staff

Postby Haunt » Sat Jun 04, 2016 3:00 pm

So how long are you going to stay this time? Don't get me wrong, awesome if you are really coming back, it's just kinda funny that you have resigned 3 times this year. Like what's the point of coming back if you are going to leave in X weeks/month(s) anyway?

So, what has changed since your last resignation that makes you want to come back?

Jabba41
    Protector of Nature

Postby Jabba41 » Sat Jun 04, 2016 3:20 pm

when hyo resigned he had his reasons, the last one was argue able but I don't think his actions in the past were wrong/unreasonable and when hxo stays 2 weeks he does more then some people here in 2 months as he's very active.

who cares is he resigned earlier...
    Send me your best Sloth pictures for instant unban*

*individual results may vary

nabo.
    Donator

Postby nabo. » Sat Jun 04, 2016 3:40 pm

For now, it is a no.

We can chat regarding ur pm when i see u on chat.
    Clan High@useast

• Check the wiki for ENT rules and general information.
    • Talk to mods on ENT chat.
    • Host games through our bots, Manage your stats, Secure your account(s), and check your ban status on ENT LINK.

Return to “Processed Applications”