NOT2000ELO FOR DOTA MOD

Thank you for applying.
divinerape

NOT2000ELO FOR DOTA MOD

Postby divinerape » Sat Aug 20, 2016 8:10 am

Name: Brandon
Game moderator specialty (see below for choices): DOTA
Brief introduction: Hi, I have been playing for about 13 years and can bring a very unique perspective and very complete skill set in moderating DOTA for ENT.
What are your current hours of playing time (approximate): Varies but I play about 12 hours per day.
What is your current time zone: Central
Describe any relevant experience, both in moderating and in Warcraft III: A long time ago, I was a "Replay Analyzer"(basically what we called a DOTA Moderator) for Clan TDA (Icefrog's Clan). I was very active and while I was a Replay Analyzer for TDA I would process anywhere from 20-40 cases per day which in the end amounted to something like 8000 bans.
Why do you want to become a game moderator: I have recently become aware of severe problems in the ENT DotA community and would like to lend a helping hand in order to better moderate the game of DOTA that I love so much.
What will you bring to the ENT/Warcraft III community: I would bring my extreme sense of fairness and also a point of view that I feel ENT is severely lacking. More specifically, I would be able to view games from the perspective of someone who truly knows what actually ruins or doesn't ruin a game, what is significant or not in pertaining to breaking rules, and also just the perspective of a good player who can see things that others wouldn't even know to look for.
Closing Statement: I will be completely honest and tell you that I have zero experience with DRM (I believe that's the program that you guys use for maphack cases) BUT I have handled thousands of maphack cases in the "original" way of doing so, i.e. by watching the replay. I am also very tech savvy so learning DRM would not be a problem for me at all, and I would do it quickly, if given the opportunity to become a moderator of course.

I just want to add that I am way too old and wayy too mature to abuse moderator access and also that I am an extremely fair individual and above all I would uphold justice and fairness over everything else. Thank you for your consideration.

A few BRQ's that I commented on:

viewtopic.php?f=24&t=96232 -----------racism/flaming

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=96227 ------------ afk... and also my *different* point of view on display

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=96219 ---------------- afk/game ruining

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=96250 ------------ someone thought he got lag hacked

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=96186&p=381218#p381218 ----------- feeding on purpose

HazarDous
Staff Department

Re: NOT2000ELO FOR DOTA MOD

Postby HazarDous » Sat Aug 20, 2016 11:27 am

Hi Brandon,

Thanks for applying.

I am concerned about a few things;

To begin with, you apply right after causing quite a bit of drama on the forum. Whether you are right or not, I don't think posting 2 complaints while flaming and capsing on your appeals is the right way to go with a case, and that is certainly not the kind of attitude we expect from a moderator.

Furthermore, you have barely reviewed any ban requests / appeal, did not accustom yourself to moderators' tools and did not show up on chat to help users and get to know staff.

Lastly, I am unsure about your motives to join the team. I am thinking they are personal motives, rather than trying to help the community.

Work on these things. Prove to us that you truly want to help the community by spending the next few weeks reviewing ban requests, learning tools, learning different game genres than DotA, getting along with other mods and helping users on chat, working on your attitude (forum wise and in-game), etc. When that is done, re-apply and we will be more than happy to discuss your application.

Return to “Processed Applications”