NoRe]juNo@useast

Thank you for applying.
Nore
Treant Protector

NoRe]juNo@useast

Postby Nore » Tue Aug 30, 2016 4:12 pm

Name: Gabriel
Game moderator specialty (see below for choices): LIHL
Brief introduction: Hi there :D My name is Gabriel, and I am a full-time student studying to become a social worker. I have 1 year remaining until attaining my degree, and then onto graduate school!.. :(
What are your current hours of playing time (approximate): between 11 a.m. - 7 p.m. I am actively online
What is your current time zone: (UTC-05:00) Eastern Time (US & Canada)
Describe any relevant experience, both in moderating and in Warcraft III: I have been leader and shaman of clan DvA, ENT moderator, and LIHL moderator.
Why do you want to become a game moderator: I think the league can use the help, and I am more than willing to assist.
What will you bring to the ENT/Warcraft III community: Activity, fairness, and a different voice for those who feel unrepresented at the moment.
Closing Statement: I have given a lot of thought, and decided that I would like to help the LIHL community once again. This time though, there will be a much more team-approach to the work done. I hope that the league can be as drama-free and well-run as possible!
God is my strength.

dweiler
Plague Treant

Re: NoRe]juNo@useast

Postby dweiler » Tue Aug 30, 2016 4:52 pm

I support this application, Nore is an active long-time member of LIHL. His posts on the forum are always helpful. We could use another pair of hands and it is also good to have a moderator on the USA timezone.

Good luck.
These users thanked the author dweiler for the post:
Nore (Tue Aug 30, 2016 5:39 pm)
You don't stop playing because you grow old; you grow old because you stop playing.

Diablo_
Protector of Nature

Postby Diablo_ » Tue Aug 30, 2016 4:56 pm

Imo we can totally need another LIHL mod (I'm not very active lately) and I think Nore will do a fine job.
These users thanked the author Diablo_ for the post:
Nore (Tue Aug 30, 2016 5:39 pm)
-----
LIHL player parser, a tool to automatically parse LIHL players' Elo and create reports for it: CLICK

TinSoldier
Treant Protector

Postby TinSoldier » Tue Aug 30, 2016 5:39 pm

hes aii

!support
These users thanked the author TinSoldier for the post:
Nore (Tue Aug 30, 2016 5:49 pm)

Lord-Miles
Plague Treant

Postby Lord-Miles » Tue Aug 30, 2016 5:59 pm

Hes good and mannered guy , also former mod.

!Support.
These users thanked the author Lord-Miles for the post:
Nore (Tue Aug 30, 2016 9:34 pm)

Psyclone
Treant

Postby Psyclone » Tue Aug 30, 2016 9:03 pm

Well, I've always had an ambivalent picture of nore. On the one side he's active and really involves himself. But I see that critically too since he likes to add fuel to the fire at the price of objectivity which is absolutely essential as being an upright moderator.

I'm clearly against him as a LIHL moderator, also taking past experiences with him into consideration.

!unsupport
Last edited by Psyclone on Wed Aug 31, 2016 7:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dong
Donator

Postby Dong » Wed Aug 31, 2016 6:21 am

Since i had no previous bad experience with him as lihl mod, he has the support of Golden Dong. = +2
These users thanked the author Dong for the post:
Nore (Wed Aug 31, 2016 3:11 pm)
Thou shall self tk.

SLSGuennter
Protector of Nature

Postby SLSGuennter » Wed Aug 31, 2016 1:58 pm

Imo his behaviour towards people which do any things different then he would do doesnt fit for an LIHL-moderator. He was a very nide ENT-mod, but im definetly against him as LIHL-mod.
Gunther and the Sunshine-Girls. Hell Yeah

Nore
Treant Protector

Postby Nore » Wed Aug 31, 2016 3:18 pm

Thank you all, and especially Dong ofc ;)
God is my strength.

Nore
Treant Protector

Postby Nore » Wed Aug 31, 2016 3:39 pm

Guennter wrote:Imo his behaviour towards people which do any things different then he would do doesnt fit for an LIHL-moderator. He was a very nide ENT-mod, but im definetly against him as LIHL-mod.

I believe this is because you have a personal problem against me(as in, you are making a general statement when it really only applies to you). I do not flame or rage against people who mess up; the only time I even came close was the last time you were on my team, and literally did not pay attention at all. You afk'd when we sent, you forced the team to send a round we did not because you had saved lumber, and most of all, you merely laughed when we were "upset" by the teamkilling, then ignored me. That particular game you were never called anything worse than "noob", and you still ended up ignoring me instead of just saying "sorry" and letting us move on. So, you play a part in how you are treated, it is not all about me. Anyone who is in doubt of my "attitude" can feel free to check my games here: https://entgaming.net/openstats/dota/?u=nore%5Djuno
God is my strength.

SLSGuennter
Protector of Nature

Postby SLSGuennter » Wed Aug 31, 2016 3:54 pm

It is not about 1 particular game, its about a lot of games i played with you over the last years (2 or smth?). And im quite sure im not the only one who thinks so, since some games ago, i failed and somebody in my team said: "be happy nore aint in our team or he would flame you till the end of the game for this".
Anyway, this is an app and no place for endless discussions, so i will leave it like this.
Gl HF man.

Edit:
So, you play a part in how you are treated, it is not all about me.

Thats true, yet i never saw Diablo_/Mick/Beep/Wolfwarrior/Donki or one of the other LIHL-Mods i played with treating people like that, and i dont think its a fitting behaviour
Gunther and the Sunshine-Girls. Hell Yeah

Nore
Treant Protector

Postby Nore » Wed Aug 31, 2016 4:10 pm

Sorry if you feel that way, but really, if you make mistakes time and time again and never hone up to them, or really even acknowledge or apologize, ofc it is going to create some negativity; that is merely human nature. There are always two sides to every story; If someone else says I rage besides you(who has instigated quite alot to be honest), I will tone it down ofc, but I highly doubt anyone really feels that way. A replay link to the game you are referencing would be nice btw. I'll leave it at that, unless you have more to add. Also, if you are going to use Donki as an example, he actually said some really nasty stuff to me while he was LIHL mod that led to me leaving the league for awhile, so idk if that is really a good example to use..
God is my strength.

Don_Killuminati

Postby Don_Killuminati » Wed Aug 31, 2016 5:20 pm

Well, i was septic about this apply and i did not want to comment on it, but since u involved my name there + i got a very huge memory ( without any pretention), im gonna post my 2cents ;
I'm gonna start to + to end with - :

plus :
-You are active on forum + games, and seems you got some free time to handle stuffs.
-You are a player with some experiences on forum and games.

cons :
-You seems like a sensitive guy which can lead to biased judgment.
-Your past as LIHL mod is not that clear : viewtopic.php?f=207&t=66392&p=267299&hilit=nore%5Djuno#p267299 ,
i remember to many complains from players about you.
-You did delete your first forum account = mess a lot of threads and vouch apply in lihl section ...
-Ability to deform pass : if you did left the league for 2weeks ( not a while at all) it was because i did delete one of your post where you was flaming on ace_of_spades apply, which it was confirmed by art)y, then you get mad for no reason and did delete your acc because art)y did ban you from forum chat for this, and if i did said some nasty stuff to you, im pretty sure you would have ss them + post on forum right after; which you didnt. Thats already a kind of proof to me.

A lot of inconveniences are from the past, and i do believe that people can change. Thats why im not gonna go against this one ;
But im not convinced enough to support this, since you do not speak about your weakness there.
Anyways gl with this, and i hope if you end it LIHL mod, you gonna work on the most inconvenients points.
Regards

dweiler
Plague Treant

Postby dweiler » Wed Aug 31, 2016 5:24 pm

I want to add here, in response to Psyclone and Guennter, I have read into the past and the complaints/drama with Nore when he was LIHL mod. Of course those are concerns for us too. I don't think, despite if it was sometimes unfair, Nore handled some things well in his first period as moderator. Getting into fights with members of the league, even flaming, making things personal, is something we of course don't want to see. Once he is installed (if he passes the application), we expect moderatorlike behavior, and he promised us to do so and showed us he is willing to work with us in our way of moderating, with no drama, making things personal or bearing grudges. I believe he is honest in this and think he can do this.

For your concerns, it is obvious that we don't give 3rd or 4th chances for this. If we see this going wrong I will assure you we will step in with the appropriate measures.

I am confident, however, this is not needed, and I have trust nore will make a good addition to the mod team.
These users thanked the author dweiler for the post (total 2):
SLSGuennter (Thu Sep 01, 2016 12:29 am) • Psyclone (Wed Aug 31, 2016 7:21 pm)
You don't stop playing because you grow old; you grow old because you stop playing.

Beastman
Treant

Postby Beastman » Wed Aug 31, 2016 5:58 pm

Well I met nore when I joined lihl, maybe right before, and he seems to be one of the most constructive players in the league. He offers help to those who need it, and is very knowledgeable regarding rules and definitely how to play. Nore has the right attitude to moderate because in all scenarios, involving friends or not, he takes an unbiased approach and tries to see both sides of the coin.

I also feel like 2 mods is not enough to fully care for the league and another 1 on the North american time scale.

Fully support Nore as lihl mod.

Beast

Return to “Processed Applications”