DotA-Robot@uswest

Thank you for applying.
EdgeOfChaos

DotA-Robot@uswest

Postby EdgeOfChaos » Thu Sep 22, 2016 11:33 pm

Name: Zach
Game moderator specialty (see below for choices): DotA/LOD
Brief introduction: I've played on ENT for over 4 years and have previously been a moderator for about one year. I was demoted in 2014 because of inactivity, but I want to come back to help now. I never had any problems as a mod before.
What are your current hours of playing time (approximate): Depends on how busy I am.
What is your current time zone: UTC/GMT -5 hours
Describe any relevant experience, both in moderating and in Warcraft III: Played WC3 for many years and been a ENT moderator for 1 year+.
Why do you want to become a game moderator: I want to help with ban requests and appeals. As of writing this there are 22 DotA ban requests 5 LoD requests , and 27 appeals which I can review. I don't even want a game moderator account, I just don't like seeing so much backlog.
What will you bring to the ENT/Warcraft III community: I already have knowledge of the rules and how to enforce them, as well as knowing how to use ENT's ban system.
Closing Statement: My old application: viewtopic.php?f=34&t=6589
Last edited by EdgeOfChaos on Sat Sep 24, 2016 3:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

HazarDous
Staff Department

Re: DotA-Robot@useast

Postby HazarDous » Fri Sep 23, 2016 12:10 am

Hello,

I understand that you were a Forum Moderator, back in the days, and so your knowledge of the rules should be pretty good. However, we do not accept qualified people simply because they can. There are other factors to consider, such as activity, dedication, relationship with fellow moderators, and so on.

For those reasons, I would like you to comment on some ban requests and appeals, as well as being more present on chat for a few days while your application remains on hold.

EdgeOfChaos

Postby EdgeOfChaos » Fri Sep 23, 2016 2:05 am

Well I'm probably not interested in going on chat. And even though people like doing it, commenting on ban requests/appeals as a non-moderator has no value as I can't process it, and the moderator needs to watch the replay anyways and do the same thing I did so it doesn't even save them time. But if you want me to, I'll contribute where I can.

SLSGuennter
Protector of Nature

Postby SLSGuennter » Fri Sep 23, 2016 3:37 am

I (personally) do not think, that hanging around in the chat is very important, but as soon as you are mod it will make it easier for your fellow mods to get some help/oppinion on cases and so on.

It definetly DOES help if you post in brq section, since mods may not have to review the whole game, but just jump to the timestamps you already wrote and confirm what you said. It also shows your dedication and the team can be sure that you are indeed still capable of the rules and so on.
Gunther and the Sunshine-Girls. Hell Yeah

Haunt
Oversight Staff

Postby Haunt » Fri Sep 23, 2016 10:09 am

I remember Edge.

+1

aRt)Y
Protector of Nature

Postby aRt)Y » Fri Sep 23, 2016 11:47 am

EdgeOfChaos wrote:commenting on ban requests/appeals as a non-moderator has no value as I can't process it
You can once you got accepted. However, that pretty much depends on your engagement.

Being open-minded to our _new_ procedures and policies is key, too.
    Information, Rules, Guides and everything else you need to know about ENT is on the ENT Wiki.
      Ignorantia juris non excusat • Quis custodiet ipsos custodes? • Fallacy of composition

Hatedmaru

Postby Hatedmaru » Fri Sep 23, 2016 6:31 pm

Although i dind't work with EoC (EdgeOfChaos ^^) for long, i do remember him since he was still a mod back then, when i first got accepted, and have nothing negative to point, at all, from him.

On the other hand, i also agree with the mentioned ^^ You should at least show your activity/commitment by reviewing brqs (Its obvious you still got the knowledge :P), simply for the staff team to have something to judge you for :)

PS: @Guennter Chat is definitely important: It is a place where you can talk about stuff (ENT), discuss brqs if required, and ofc, have lots of fun with peoplez!!!! ^^

Anyways +1 from me, Good luck Edge =D

matdas
ENT Staff

Postby matdas » Fri Sep 23, 2016 7:23 pm

+ 1 for eoc. Been a long time. Never had any problem with him in the past. Just let them know that you wont be sitting around doing nothing looking pretty with a colored name. Then again, you never were the type of person to sit around afk when there are requests that need to be done. Always a worker.

Mercy

Re: DotA-Robot@uswest

Postby Mercy » Sat Sep 24, 2016 11:15 am

I feel that, like everyone else, he should comment on BRQs/Appeals, etc. It shows the level of activity and commitment the community can expect.

Larz

Postby Larz » Sun Sep 25, 2016 8:21 am

Oh yes edge +1 here but at the same time please do a few brq and appeals, brush up on things as there have been some changes.

aRt)Y
Protector of Nature

Postby aRt)Y » Sun Sep 25, 2016 9:23 am

Approved.
    Information, Rules, Guides and everything else you need to know about ENT is on the ENT Wiki.
      Ignorantia juris non excusat • Quis custodiet ipsos custodes? • Fallacy of composition

Return to “Processed Applications”