Ban Appeal

Looking for your appeal? Approved or denied appeals are archived here.

Moderator: ENT Staff

SwuppeR
Basic Tree

Ban Appeal

Postby SwuppeR » Wed Mar 08, 2017 4:45 am

SwuppeR:
Northrend/Europe:
For not kicking a player o opposite team:
The player on the opposite team who sold his towers believed he could play like that, so i diddent want to kick him. We lost the game anyway so i guess he played the game with success. i really dont see why i have been banned tbh.
Anyway, i really want to play like right now :D
:

RagnarLodbrok
Basic Tree

Re: Ban Appeal

Postby RagnarLodbrok » Wed Mar 08, 2017 4:59 am

I was banned for simple no reason!!!
Probably by a loser mad adm.
Now I need to open an appeal... can u fix this, plz?
Maybe punish the abuser...
Thx!

SwuppeR
Basic Tree

Postby SwuppeR » Wed Mar 08, 2017 5:02 am

you made your post im my post, i dont think that counts ragnar :)

Quetra
Protector of Nature

Postby Quetra » Wed Mar 08, 2017 5:15 am

@RagnarLodbrok please make your own post if you're making a ban appeal.

Here is the ban request against you @Swupper: viewtopic.php?f=24&t=106208.

From that game:

(04:10 / Allied) WhenImWithYou: you ruined game
(04:17 / Allied) Klaa.Hoebell: got ea
(04:18 / Allied) Klaa.Hoebell: ^^
(04:26 / Allied) WhenImWithYou: cross red
(04:31 / Allied) Klaa.Hoebell: he solt
(04:31 / Allied) WhenImWithYou: I didn't say it but I wanted to cross
(04:32 / Allied) Klaa.Hoebell: ;)
(04:36 / Allied) WhenImWithYou: now deal with it
(04:40 / Allied) WhenImWithYou: ;)

06:48 / All) WhenImWithYou: I just didn't call it beforehand, just like how red didn't call mode beforehand

He sold all his towers and tried to force a cross without saying so (and it was too late to cross really, anyway; just selling value alone can be a TK offense) As you can see above he did this because he was pissed about the mode (which was called in the lobby). This was explained in the All chat when a votekick was started:

(06:27 / All) Klaa.Hoebell: blue solt units
(06:27 / All) Klaa.Hoebell: if u dont kick i report u
(06:29 / All) Klaa.Hoebell: !votekick when

The above quote from WhenImWithYou admitting he didnt call cross is in All chat as well. So you saw his leaks, saw him admitting he forced a cross, and it was also clear that he was mad about the mode, plus when the votekick was started you were informed of the reason. There is no excuse for not voting here. As I said in the ban topic, whether the team manages to play on or even win with the TKer doesn't change the fact that he broke the rules. It is obligatory to kick a visible game ruiner, and this is subject to a ban if you do not. Two of the three votekicks took place early in the game anyway where there was no indication that the TKer would even continue to play at all.

Do you understand this @Swupper? It's important that you do if the appeal is to proceed. I need to be sure you understand the reasons why you were banned and accept them. If you do, please go to the Wiki and copy and paste the rule you believe you broke and indicate to me that it will not happen again.

SwuppeR
Basic Tree

Postby SwuppeR » Wed Mar 08, 2017 5:34 am

I do understand. i have played on these bots for many years, and this is my second ban i think, the first was because i had bad internet connection.
some times you end up in games with bad karma, i would never refuse to draw or kick, but sometimes when the opposite team refuses to act on a draw request, my 3 team mates werent aware of the game mode and wanted to draw, the opposite team diddent draw. so thats why they diddent want to kick "instant karma" and yesterday none of us did the right thing, and that counts for both teams.

For flaming/verbal conflicts, use bot command, !ignore <name>, and/or bnet command, /squelch <name> , instead. Squelching will also block whispers.
Do not spam or randomly start !votekicks, do not !votekick to avoid being kicked, and do not !votekick without proper reasons. Votekicks are ban-able even if they are not passed since negative intentions can still be assessed and misusing it can lead others to misuse it. Kicks and bans are enforced based on how severe the rule has been violated. ENT keeps the right to enforce punishments as warning.
Do not abuse !votekick: its only purpose is to kick game ruinners who violate ENT's rules and negatively impact the game for either or both teams in the game.
You are obligated to !votekick any player that has broken any of ENT's rules. If someone or several indicate that a particular player is game ruining, you, as a player in the game, are obligated to question/check about the situation/claim.
If a votekick is initiated to kick a visible game ruiner, all players are obligated to !yes.
It is possible to game ruin by being new. In this case, votekick will only be valid if the new player refuses to learn and cooperate. Just because someone is a newbie or bad does not mean he is intentionally game ruinning.
Maphack can only be confirmed once the replay is reviewed after a game. Therefore, it is invalid to initiate a votekick on someone solely due to suspicions.
When you initiate a !votekick, you should clearly explain "Who" and "How" the violator is game ruining via all chat.
You are free to refuse to votekick someone when there is lack of evidence/visible rule violation. However, communicate your decision via all chat, too.
If you are unsure that someone on the opposite team is game ruinning, ask the other team for clarification via all chat.

You are responsible for your own vote. Voting for something means you agree with it. You are accountable for what happens with your vote.

The Enterprise Gaming Administration keeps the right to enforce punishments on a case-by-case basis in order to preserve a healthy gaming environment

Quetra
Protector of Nature

Postby Quetra » Wed Mar 08, 2017 5:47 am

The game mode was announced in the lobby @Swupper. Everyone had the chance to find it out (except for kissmylove who was the only one who joined after it was announced). Regardless, drawing is never mandatory. The other team had every right not to draw if they didn't want to. It's not a justification to not vote for 'karma' reasons. If someone is game ruining, you have to votekick them, it's that simple.

I am hoping from reading your post that you understand that now and will act appropriately in the future. Since you've been informed now, staff may be less lenient if it happens again.

Unbanned @Swupper.

Processing.

SwuppeR
Basic Tree

Postby SwuppeR » Wed Mar 08, 2017 5:49 am

Im not blaming Karma, we are all simply humans, and sometimes we make mistakes, some do it more often than other, and im sure you wont remember my name next time i have a Ban Appeal :)

Return to “Processed Appeals”