A Message to the WC3 Community | Shut Down

Zulthar
Forest Walker

Re: A Message to the WC3 Community | Shut Down

Postby Zulthar » Sat Sep 29, 2018 7:20 am

Jabba41 wrote:Blizzard wants to remove Hosting bots from Warcraft 3. If they do, this is what it will be like for everyone. Fear not, for our services are only down temporarily but if we don't band together and convince Blizzard to change their mind, you will never be able to play that competitive custom game ever again.

Hope so Jabba41, I really don't want to go back to iccup and stream hellhalt there :cry:

how come eFL bots and others are up though? guys need cd keys, or something? If u guys need help with that let me know, really wanted to stream some hellhalt today :D

Glacial
Basic Tree

Postby Glacial » Sat Sep 29, 2018 7:48 am

On the one hand, I understood why you did this, especially at the weekend: Blizzard shutting down hosting-bots will kill online play (outside the now-niche ladder melee).

On the other, this is backfiring on you, ENT: by taking down the servers at the weekend, all you've done is foster resentment and annoyance.

It's kinda like bringing public eyes to an important announcement about wood chipper safety by sticking your hand in said wood chipper.

phuphew
Armored Tree

Postby phuphew » Sat Sep 29, 2018 8:06 am

So finally i got time to study.
I NEED MY DAILY DOSE OF DOTA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Ima play vs bots.

IFightForHumans
Armored Tree

Postby IFightForHumans » Sat Sep 29, 2018 8:30 am

Posted on official blizzard forums - your BOTS is what has kept people playing on bnet. Bottom line is they want you to pay to play - the good old days of custom games seems to be coming to an end - blizzard missed their chance on DOTA and now they want to abolish every link to their classic games. Everyone here loves ENT - we respect the work and dedication you guys have put forward to keep the community alive and blizzard is trying to put the nail on the coffin.

To all at ENT I would literally pay 20 bucks a month to play on your bots - hopefully all ends well but if not I will pay to play on private servers you guys set up if push comes to shove.

Kingston94
Basic Tree

Postby Kingston94 » Sat Sep 29, 2018 8:40 am

Terrible decision, as usual. Posted in their forums!

aRt)Y
Protector of Nature

Postby aRt)Y » Sat Sep 29, 2018 9:59 am

Zulthar wrote:how come eFL bots and others are up though? guys need cd keys, or something? If u guys need help with that let me know, really wanted to stream some hellhalt today :D
The shut down is on voluntary basis and was coordinated by those willing to protest against Blizzard to show them that the added functionality in the recent patches is not still at par with the bots' functionality. The issue is not cd-keys but Blizzard encrypting the connection, therefore making it impossible for bots to do their necessary magic.

The outcry wouldnt be that bad if they at least managed to properly include all the missing features a bot is currently offering us. Instead, they take away community-developed tools and sell it as a new and better invention while bringing us back to 1990. Also, gproxy (aka reconnecting) will be broken, too and Blizzard has not mentioned anything of native reconnecting as of now.

Warcraft 3 is no longer just a game. It's a community driven game. There are barely new players but oldies who come and go. Blizzard's approach should not be to fix what they should have done two decades ago but to listen to the requirements the communities have and to add that functionality to the game. Apparently, though, asking for that is too much.
    Information, Rules, Guides and everything else you need to know about ENT is on the ENT Wiki.
      Ignorantia juris non excusat • Quis custodiet ipsos custodes? • Fallacy of composition

PMfeelsnopain
Basic Tree

Postby PMfeelsnopain » Sat Sep 29, 2018 10:05 am

ok so when can we play

BoretkPanda
Treant Protector

Postby BoretkPanda » Sat Sep 29, 2018 10:16 am

"Hey Blizzard sucks - let's punish those last 500 User we got I'm sure Blizzard - Million Dollar Company will care"

LOL you Cute.

Augustinus
Treant Protector

Postby Augustinus » Sat Sep 29, 2018 10:23 am

As much as I suffer from ENT being shut down over the weekend, it gave me cold sweat to realise what is gonna happen to the hostbots with the next blizzard patch. I was always hoping the recent patch flood would finally cease and we could play in peace, but here comes the final blow.

Thanks for drawing maximum attention to this issue, go out there to the blizzard forums and explain them your point of view. Reach out to Pete Stilwell, the dev who is orchestrating these changes and make yourselves visible.

Astros
ENT Staff

Postby Astros » Sat Sep 29, 2018 11:11 am

nitromon wrote:Sorry Ent, but this is potentially a bad move on your part.

No drug dealer is going to give their addicts 48 hrs to wean off the drug of their choice. I fear this will potentially backfire against your intentions.

Lol, if you can't live without ENT for two days, you need to find some better hobbies.
ENT Custom Games Discord ------------------ https://discord.gg/kGAUdTYZ5B

ffantomas
Aura Tree

Postby ffantomas » Sat Sep 29, 2018 11:45 am

i cant live without ent - i want freelo now!!!!

HoneyBadgerFTW
Basic Tree

Postby HoneyBadgerFTW » Sat Sep 29, 2018 12:03 pm

Augustinus wrote:As much as I suffer from ENT being shut down over the weekend, it gave me cold sweat to realise what is gonna happen to the hostbots with the next blizzard patch. I was always hoping the recent patch flood would finally cease and we could play in peace, but here comes the final blow.

Thanks for drawing maximum attention to this issue, go out there to the blizzard forums and explain them your point of view. Reach out to Pete Stilwell, the dev who is orchestrating these changes and make yourselves visible.

Pete Shitwell did a lot of harm

Augustinus
Treant Protector

Postby Augustinus » Sat Sep 29, 2018 12:16 pm

Astros wrote:
nitromon wrote:Sorry Ent, but this is potentially a bad move on your part.

No drug dealer is going to give their addicts 48 hrs to wean off the drug of their choice. I fear this will potentially backfire against your intentions.

Lol, if you can't live without ENT for two days, you need to find some better hobbies.

I am already fearing I will end up getting a good grade for an upcoming exam.

Krapok
Resource Storage

Postby Krapok » Sat Sep 29, 2018 2:17 pm

RIP. Blizzard could work with you instead of against you, without ENT I'm afraid around 30% of the active wIII players will disapear.

nicolai123
Treant

Postby nicolai123 » Sat Sep 29, 2018 2:23 pm

I doubt this will work.. Blizzard almost never listens to the playerbase. They barely listened to the nostalrius community when they wanted legacy servers, ("you think you do but you dont":https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XuOYmqSF6OQ) i doubt they will care about 500 people spamming them on a random forum with a couple of developers active.

Return to “Archive”